Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » I have never... (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Ke Ial (played by Broken_Survivor)

"And it stood there, the towering beast," a stout, portly man cried out to the small crowd that had gathered to hear his story, looking disheveled and as if he had rode into town tied to the back of his own horse. "Staring down at me with a flame in its eye brighter then a desert sun! And it released a growl so fierce I swore it was going to rip open the heavens itself to send me to meet the gods." the man was visibly shaken, but the tale looked to not spook the patrons of the Moss Mouth Tavern in the slightest. "And...And..." the man tried to think, seeing the disbelieving looks and hearing the drunken whispers that he was simply taken a fool by the lady bandits that have made themselves known in these parts, "Had I not seen the bastard with my own eyes I'd not believe myself were I to hear the tale echo of the walls. But I swear to you I speak truth!" the man continues as only the drunkest of men stand to listen, with the tavern wenches giggling in the corner at the foolishness of it all.

Ke Ial sits at the bar having returning to his flagon, others had done the same as the tallest tale was strung clearly from the ramblings of a madman. The thought of coin had delighted him but such a story was beyond belief. 'Beast with glowing eyes and a growl strong enough to shake the land'? Man was probably topped of on mead and mistook a burning tree and roar of thunder as a dangerous monstrosity. Such a thing could not move noticed by the guard or Ke himself for any such amount of time. Though the guard has been overtaken by a group young knights of the near kingdom, sent to aid in the towns protection but would rather spend their duties bedding the local ladies and toying with the drunkards and urchins by demanding ridiculous tasks be done lest they see their already ill set fate end within the walls of a prison. Ke on the other hand has taken his drunkenness to his home in the woods, left relatively at peace except for the occasional harassment to give the king his due in taxes buy the collector and his team of corrupt guard that take a cut from the overcharge that is demanded as personal compensation by the collector with out the knowledge of the king.

Ke Ial has learned much since living within the outskirts of Domin's Cape, an old sea side town forgotten the world with it's only hope that the sea may one day wash it from the otherwise well run kingdom. Paying for his drink and giving a knowing grin to Shimal, Ke's preferred waitress and upon more then one occasion companion of the night, as he leaves the tavern into the darkness, lighting a small lantern as he moves from the town towards the wood line, then quickly turns and moves along an unseen forest path as he makes his way to his hovel, plodding of footsteps and buzz of insects being his only companion this night, and leaving him yearning for the touch of Shimal as he regrets not paying for her services upon the cool summer gloom.

(Just a little thing I whipped up on the fly, it jumps around because I don't have a plan for what I want to do so it is going to remain open ended for now, My only real requirement is that you need to write at least one five word paragraph though if you want to put in your own little intrusive to the story expansion to the realm that would make me happy, even is it comes down to your character's perception of the world around them try and add a depth to who you are and what you have been doing, but before that I am going to need some players. Any old players will do, active is always a nice touch but if you feel that you can't be there or you no longer want to be apart of the story then don't worry! Separate yourself from the story the best you can or PM me and I will try to work around you. other then that go wild! Hope to see some good characters come though and to all that make it in the end: Happy Hunting!)
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

I would like join this with my new Dark knight Elizabeth, if that's ok?
Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously)

(I've been looking for a group scene and I think I can fit my character in pretty well! But as a heads up, posts on this forum are meant to be OOC, just asking like "hey does anyone want to RP __?" The actual RP thread would be posted here!)
Oooo! This looks so exciting!
I have quite a few options. Given that it's a sea-side town, maybe he finds a woman being harassed by a beast kind of like the one the man described? However, the woman isn't just a normal woman. ;) Perhaps she's a mermaid, with the ability to have legs only during the night?
I'm more than happy to create a character to work with this scene! :D
Ke Ial (played by Broken_Survivor) Topic Starter

Characters presented so far appear acceptable, I will be posting this to Fantasy soon with a link included, feel free to apply your character to the world itself, make sure they have a reason to be in such a back water town that even demons care not to tread, and of course have fun! And so it was.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » I have never... (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus