Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Magic school in a newworld (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

TheCreator7 Topic Starter

No special differences. It is done that way so everyone has of choice of being being older or younger. There are 7 levels. Each level is 5 months long.
How long is a month, and if a person is 17 and if each level is 5 months, what would happen if they turn 18? Would they get kicked out, or would they still continue their education?

I did just think of a couple things. Older students could be physically stronger and know more non magical things possibly.
If you can think of any other possible differences in ages can make, let me know.
If i think of anything i will let you know.

A month is 4 weeks. And no student will be kicked out for such a reason. As long as the student stays in 'good 'grace' of my school, then they can and will finish their courses.
I'll be writing a character, ill pm you a link when im done

NP! I will be here for a while.
I pmed some questions, sorry to post this here

It matters not where you ask the questions but it matters that you ask the questions. Do you have any other questions?
Are there other classes we can take? Like extra curricular classes?

Yes there are 5 other classes that you can take.
Incomplet (played by dave_pod)

How 'Human' would you like characters that might end up just starting into magic at the school to be? or can things be a bit further out there. :? :3

They need to be human enough to be able to live on Earth. Perhaps you could have a hidden nature?
*searches through current Character list... Being who's existence originated from a dreamself that refused to not exist even if the ones who would have been their parents sacrificed themselves to the Void, a Troll, a fragmented Gem, a Meta, group Character for RP as Denizens in sessions, 3 beings from a reality quite different from most, another Troll, 3 Test subjects that could barely pass as human with what's happened to them, and, a family made up of a robot mother, a halacandrian, A fairy, a Darkmatter, and some Ecto-children...*
:| ... :) maybe I could try making a more human character exclusively for this RP. is there anything you'd advise I read for more info on the exact nature of Magic in this world, so I can properly make up someone?
dave_pod wrote:
*searches through current Character list... Being who's existence originated from a dreamself that refused to not exist even if the ones who would have been their parents sacrificed themselves to the Void, a Troll, a fragmented Gem, a Meta, group Character for RP as Denizens in sessions, 3 beings from a reality quite different from most, another Troll, 3 Test subjects that could barely pass as human with what's happened to them, and, a family made up of a robot mother, a halacandrian, A fairy, a Darkmatter, and some Ecto-children...*
:| ... :) maybe I could try making a more human character exclusively for this RP. is there anything you'd advise I read for more info on the exact nature of Magic in this world, so I can properly make up someone?
"For the love of satan, are you kidding me? Ok magic, if i were to have a guess, it would be like harry potter, but with a a lot of different spells, i suggest looking at the classes and see for yourself, but I'm not the one that knows all the answers, this is only but a guess. So if you could the creator, take it from here?"
Half demon character, sorry if it appeared unholy, but in all seriousness, your best bet is to read the classes, i dont really know all the anime, manga, and other books that have a modern setting with magic, the magic is the four elements, and some other forms of magic, like shadow, light, sound, and something else let me find the link
:3 Sorry. 3:
and also, ok. its, 'Magic' Magic. which 'works' because it works. sorry, I'd really like to try this, but I fear that the potential 'indepth' secrets on how magic works that most characters of mine would wish to seek out wouldn't Mesh properly with this system.
Kind of like, 'if you can imagine it, you can do it', leading to the exploit of, 'since its only limited by my imagination, i can use that fact to understand that it is possible to do anything with minimal effort if you have the imagination' to fuel my imagination... internal complexities, like if generating gusts of wind is a kinetic, elemental, weather based, or other form of manipulation.depending on whichever one of those it is, a slight alteration in a Spell could have radically different effects. but i'm getting way to indepth into things that are probably only making sense to me in my head. :P sorry for rambling on.
dave_pod wrote:
:3 Sorry. 3:
and also, ok. its, 'Magic' Magic. which 'works' because it works. sorry, I'd really like to try this, but I fear that the potential 'indepth' secrets on how magic works that most characters of mine would wish to seek out wouldn't Mesh properly with this system.
Kind of like, 'if you can imagine it, you can do it', leading to the exploit of, 'since its only limited by my imagination, i can use that fact to understand that it is possible to do anything with minimal effort if you have the imagination' to fuel my imagination... internal complexities, like if generating gusts of wind is a kinetic, elemental, weather based, or other form of manipulation.depending on whichever one of those it is, a slight alteration in a Spell could have radically different effects. but i'm getting way to indepth into things that are probably only making sense to me in my head. :P sorry for rambling on.
I understand what your saying, so your having an issue of how magic works, is that correct?
Yea. I'm just trying to do my best to understand the nature of magic so I don't just have any character of mine just, *Uses magic!* and thanks for the link :) i've been reading over it.
just things a creative little whippersnapper getting into magic after finding a letter on Earth inviting them in would try, like attempting to utilize level 1 class Fire/Heat magic 3) (heat something up) to heat Water in level 1 water class which would end up causing the water to move through natural 'hot water rises cold water sinks'. and the like. or to see if in more advanced levels of water magic if water mixed with flammable liquid could be lit and moved around.
If i'm going to do this, I just want to make sure I do it Right so i'm not ruining anything.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Magic school in a newworld (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus