Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Magic school in a newworld (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Np, now that i think about it, magic could relate to avatar the last airbender, from how you spoke, but you would have to get a confirmation from thecreator7 on what's correct, because I might be wrong,
Now that i said that, my belief is that you have to "create an image in your head, now visualize it moving, now try making the water move from that image", or something like that. Again don't quote me on this, because i might not be correct.

So you will have to wait for them to get on, and not be busy, so until you join, bye bye.
Thanks for trying to help. :) you've helped clear up a great deal of unknowns.
till then, Hope it all goes well.
TheCreator7 Topic Starter

Actually, guys, this RP is of my own creation and imagination. I have read the Harry Potter Books, The Legend of the Seeker Series by Terry Goodkind, The Pern Series by Anne McCaffrey and other authors. It is my own blend that stem from these books and my over active imagination.

This is why everyone has to got through my Academy or another approved Academy to own land. I have things that I have dreamed up such as Wey Lines and Ley Lines which are words that have a different meaning than the dictionary meaning. That is why I prefer Original Characters. My world is full of things that I and other RPers have created as well as a blend of various books that we have read.

I'll start working on a page that will tell everything behind my ideas and reasoning behind things.
If you want a good character, find some human character that is lurking in the back of your head and let it develop into a magical being of your own creation. Pay attention to what the older students ((Miss Ayaka and Miss Mystique )) are doing as they are starting to make their own way into the world. They are half way through their schooling and are developing quite nicely.

This is also why I am The Creator. I am creating my own world of magic and the ways of doing things in the magical sense.
:D Sounds Perfect! :) I just really want to make sure I don't end up messing anything up. It'll have to be a, 'follow their lead and ask questions' kind of deal when/if they get into their first magic class.

A lot like when you first go to junior high. Just follow those around around and make your mistakes. LOL
mk. i'll be trying my best to figure a properly fleshed out character that can fill out -this->
Your Name:
What are your hobbies:
What do you like:
What do you dislike:
What mythical animal would you like to have for a pet:
What else do you want to tell us to help us place you in the right academy:

and also, I saw that creatures were a thing. I've been able to come up with a Biologically believable Slime if that may be of use. :3 the 'simple' of it is, that its a creature that stores all its energy reserves as Glycogen, and by processing proteins into additional energy, the waste ammonia is able to be used to help disinfect its body. (since a blob of raw Glycogen or any other sugar would be a perfect feast for any bacteria ever.)

There will be more questionnaires that will need to be filled out as we go but if that one can be done, then the other ones will be just as easy.

I am interested in your slime. It sounds really cool. Tell me what use it would be to the galaxy. Milky Way Galaxy does take in Space Garbage in its humanitarian effort of cleaning up the Milky Way Galaxy.
Well, there can be multiple varieties of Slime, but for the mostpart, they are scavengers. eatting up what gets left behind by carnivores and the like. they are a sort of, 'omni-gisim' (all organ(isim), as their form is mostly consistent, containing 'neurons', and digestive systems, and all of that evenly spread. this has the side-effect of larger slimes being somewhat smarter, but not by much. Indigestible fibers, such as furs and grasses, get matted up and weaved together to form a kind of 'shell' around the outside of a slime.this is the closest they've got to 'skin' to protect them further from external forces.
other indigestible things, like rocks, or perhaps old discarded daggers, might end up lodged in this 'shell', or end up becoming gripped by more concentrated 'muscle clusters', to be used as false teeth. they would very likely be in very damp environments to keep hydrated. but, there is the possibility of there being many different types.

ironically, due to the nature of how most of their form is congealed Glycogen, and how they keep themselves disinfected with small excretions of Ammonia, its likely to be a pro survival strat to bite right into a raw slime to keep your body supplied with the energy it needs to absorb. dead slimes don't stick around to long, since Glycogen is quick to breakdown in non-living animals.

there's probably a whole world of research that could be done exclusively on Slimes, and how they could be taken advantage of in many different ways. from medical to military. Slimes breed for containing cells that adapt into other types when applied to damaged human tissue. Slimes breed for carnivorous tendencies, making 'shells' out of heavier metals, and given sharp implements to act as 'teeth', sent out to attack the enemy... lots of potential for Humans that would want to exploit them.

dave_pod
I think that this would be a good specimen for the future of the planet. Are you planning to be in the RP as a long term player? You have a good idea and I think that you could think up more things.
Yea. :) definitely Planning on getting a long-term Character to partake in this. to find a letter on Earth, and end up going to Magic school. (thats how it goes, right? :? )
just wanting to try and figure more on starting circumstance before making a Proper Character page for them. like, isn't there also an Age range? :?

and glad you like the Slime. :3

The age range is 13-17. Your character can find the letter any where, usually in the mail. Have a bad day then read the Key Phrase which will bring you to the portal. Then someone will come and find you.
ok. so is the sequence of events here,
1. make Character.
2. submit information for Character/get them accepted.
and 3. Start RP with them finding a letter in the mail.

that sound right?

Your forgot having a bad day. If you aren't having a bad day, the magic will not activate the letter when you speak the Key Phrase.
mk. that sounds to be a good step 4. have a bad day. that'd likely be covered by the start of the RP. thanks for helping walk me through this. I really want to make sure I start off right so the continuity remains seamless.

You are doing fine.
Is there way to control your slime so that when it has nothing to eat, the slime goes into hibernation mode.
there might be breeds that can be adapted for extended periods of lacking. they would most likely have very slow digestive systems so that they could make things last. but for a being made up of Glycogen, looking for food nearly all the time so they don't expend themselves away would be more common.

but whichever/whatever you might think of. they exist in a world where magic exists as well, so various things could be different for all kinds of slimes.
I tried to work them out to be open to an incredibly large amount of potential diversity.

//edit! also, with the nature of having 'organs' spread throughout their body, any slime designed to be able to last longer with less food would likely be somewhat smarter and faster, since the density of their 'organ mesh' would be higher than a slime that can keep up a higher amount of food intake, and a higher amount of glycogen when compared to the rest of their body.
any variation you'd like. the 'science' of it is just an excuse to make it seem real.
I think I've got a good Character worked out. :3
http://www.rprepository.com/c/hehuhu once i've figured all their details properly in my head, I'll fill out that first thing.
Zacharie and Jozclyn (played by dave_pod)

((filled out OOC))
Your Name: Zacharie Brunstim
What are your hobbies: planning, reading, arts.
What do you like:tricks, treats, traps, & loopholes.
What do you dislike:when things that used to work no longer do so. failing.
What mythical animal would you like to have for a pet: probably something smart enough to follow subtle orders. probably something small as well.
What else do you want to tell us to help us place you in the right academy: Zach is not used to an environment with 'Helpful teachers'. if a teacher at an academy who cared was to check in on Zach's past, it might be good if they were to assure that teachers actually help students.

as for filling this out IC, well. Zach would need to read over a Letter and actually care to try filling it out if this is an IC kind of thing. If there isn't anything else to be sorted OOC, then maybe the start of the RP can begin with Zach checking the mail in the morning. that way he can know all the details he's supposed to know.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Magic school in a newworld (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus