Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Heyo All~!

Hey everyone! Figured I'd take the time to stop in and introduce myself.

I'm a 32 year old high school English teacher who discovered RP when playing FFXIV. It's where I've done the majority of my RP, although I have ventured into other games as well.

I live with an awesome husband, two adorable dogs, a fat cat, and my 5 month old son. I wouldn't change it for the world, although I do miss RPing as much as I used to.

My RP style could be described as reactionary. I like working off of what other people give me. I don't have extravagant ideas about where to take my characters. I like bringing them along on other people's journeys and seeing where they grow from there. I tend to post in the medium length range...I don't write ten thousand paragraphs, but I do like to have a little description in my writing.

I don't do ERP, but other mature subjects are no problem.

Anywhoozle, it's nice to meet you all, and I look forward to hearing from some of you. Maybe. :)
Congratulations on the baby! Babies are so cute ^_^ and dogs ftw! Welcome to RPR!! You'll find lots of people ready to rp. A lot of the rpers have amazingly awesome ideas and will even provide plot twists that will make you be like 'Whaaaa-?!'. It's just that awesome here, and the people here are all rather friendly and nice :)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have a very full house, and a very full life. I can well imagine that it would be harder to find the time to RP with all that on your plate! I hope you can find some RPs that suit your schedule here. It seems very likely to me! :)

Do you have any questions about the site so far? :)
#youhavebeenassimilated #welcometothecollective #thisintroductionisnowdiamonds #bacon
Hi there! Welcome to RPR.
Ooh, English teacher? All teh tyep gud! (I'm not making fun of you, I'm just being a recently-woken idiot. ^^; )

Welcome to RPR! As a fellow reactionary player, I'll go ahead and say that it can make it tricky to keep an RP going, and many people prefer to share the load. So long as you communicate well with your partners though, I s'pose it should be fine.

You've also come to a great place for balancing RP and life. We have many skilled players who also have limiting schedules, and most folks are fine with delays and extended absences so long as they know what to expect. Some people rapid-fire several posts a day, others post a couple times a month, and that's totally fine. :)
AlySedai wrote:
... a fat cat...

WE ARE ALREADY FRIENDS.

Hey there, I'm bonebag, one of the resident overlords of the off topic chat. It's always interesting to see the plethora of folks we get here. It looks like everyone else has the basics covered, so stop into the Just Talkin' chat in the smalltalk forum sometime :)! That's where I usually lurk and hang out.
Welcome to RPR! Sounds like you have a pretty awesome job :D Hope you're enjoying the site ^_^
AlySedai Topic Starter

Thanks all!

I've been just poking around the site, adding my characters and whatnot. Seems pretty cool so far. And the welcome sure is the warmest!

Um...here's a picture of my cat for no reason.
ClNDrA2.jpg

Yay!
The cat is its own reason. :D
Hello there, and welcome to RPR! I hope that you have so far had an easy and fun experience here! Trust me when I say that it will only get better! I'm glad you decided to join us!
HibariHaru

Hi there! And welcome to RPR. It's nice to meet you.
cat-waving-smiley-emoticon.png

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Heyo All~!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus