Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Character Art Origins?

I've always drawn my characters. I like to draw. Twice someone drew them for me but while both drawing were very well done but it was a little odd to see them in such a different style than I draw them in.

my deviantart page (some of the newer stuff doesn't make me cringe to look at it. I am not responsible for bleeding eyes should you dig too deep in there).

And my Furcadia stuff I drew/edited.
(The second link is mainly there because I can't figure out how to put the ports I made on deviantart. The ports are free to anyone to use by the way).

And may have to poke those of you that said you do custom art sometime. I fail at drawing humans the way I want to.
Hello, my name is Hanyoulover and I am an art-whore!

Its so true and there is nothing I love more than commissioning an artist. I have not gotten art done since the summer of 09 and it hurts.

*clicks DA links in thread*
I draw all my character art. It helps me learn more about them, in some strange way. Or sometimes I just need to get out a lot of design ideas, if there is one that happens to pop out of my brain, I'll use them. Here's my dA if you care to look at it.
I know this topic has been up since the land before time, but I figured I'd post now anyhoo. x)

I do my own art..or, in the case of characters I've made in games, I use screenshots of them.

Here is my art. ;) Most of it's old..so don't look too hard or you're likely to go blind.. xD
I draw my own character art, yeah. I just find, my characters are too specific for random stuff found online. Now granted, some of my characters' appearances are initially inspired by stuff I see by other people, but I wouldn't use another person's art to represent my characters.

Also, gallery @ toasterpip.deviantart.com
I usually either beg someone or not have any art of my characters

because I am in no ways even remotely good at drawing and neither am I interested to get good in it =p

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Character Art Origins?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus