Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello

Angelina Ardell (played by TheSpy)

((Hello, everyone. I'm new here, and aren't really accustomed to forums, so excuse me if I'm not very good at it at first. I consider myself to be a para, multi-para, and occasionally semi-novella role-player. I usually prefer any rp - but I do have limits. I know it seems bad, but I hate magic rps. I can' wrap my head around it. I absolutely love action/romance role-plays. I tend to shine the most in those. I've been roleplaying for a good 2-3 years now, and consider myself to be very literate. Don't get me wrong, though, I do have the occasional typo. Everyone does. I can't wait to start plotting, so tell me if anyone is interested in roleplaying!))
Welcome. ^^ We have a wide variety here, and if you haven't yet, you should go take a look at Looking for RP.

Quick question: when you say you don't like "magic" RPs, do you mean any RP in general that includes magic use in the setting, or something more specific?
Welcome to RPR! Romance and action are super popular around here, so I'm sure you'll find something to suit your fancy pretty quick! :)
Welcome to RPR!

RPR has multiple chats for OOC (out of character) and IC RP (in character roleplay) so you can use the OOC forums as yourself, TheSpy. Your characters mostly remain in the IC forums. This means you don't have to use double parentheses when talking in the OOC chats.

I was looking at your character Angelina, you can put your rules on your profile so that other members will see them. When you put it on your profile, it will be one of the first things that other members see as many people don't normally check the character's page. :)

Have fun here on RPR! I would love to rp with you sometime if you like. :D
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! It sounds like you'll have an easy time fitting in with us. :) I second Nova's question!
TheSpy Topic Starter

Novalyyn wrote:
Welcome. ^^ We have a wide variety here, and if you haven't yet, you should go take a look at Looking for RP.

Quick question: when you say you don't like "magic" RPs, do you mean any RP in general that includes magic use in the setting, or something more specific?

By 'magic' RPs, I mean that I don't like it when the rp has any character or object with magical properties. Sorry, I probably should have specified! Thank you to everyone for giving me a warm welcome. :)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome! Realistic RPs are totally okay, if that's what you want! You'll see in our Find RP search tool that you can set the range of allowable magic in RPs you search for to 0 to find some that are flagged as being no magic. :)

Do you have any questions for us so far? :)
Ah, not a magical character/object fan? That's a shame, but then I'm not much on high fantasy (yet) so I can't say a thing. XD

Aside, welcome to RPR! My name is Lotus, but call me Light or whatever you like! It's really sweet to meet you!

If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask us! We're happy to help out whenever we can!
Hi! Welcome to RPR :) I hope you find some fun RPs soon!
HibariHaru

Hi and welcome to RPR. It's nice to meet you and please enjoy your stay. :)
Hi there, and welcome to RP Repository! Don't worry, everyone here is very kind and considerate of people trying new things! ^.^
What the above poster said is very true. Of course, as with any roleplaying site, there are particular favorites here that tend to get more attention than others. The good news is, you're very likely to find someone willing to take a gamble and try something different from what they're accustomed to!

I myself don't particularly care much for magic, though the reason I have for that could be applied to things other than magic. For the most part, I just don't like deus ex machinas and the like - and far too often, I've seen magic used to solve everything in a way that kind of takes away the challenge of any given plot. Is your objection to magic for similar reasons, or is it more an aesthetic thing?

Either way, welcome to RPR! You're sure to enjoy your stay here one way or another. :3
House-of-Sin

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here!
Welcome to the site~ And yeah, if you don't like magic you can 'turn it off' in the search as mentioned before :3 Good luck~
Asroc

Hey! Welcome here. Hope we can RP or become friends!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus