Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Dungeons of Ragrok - Fantasy Adventure w (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Game Master and othe (played by Derglet)

In the land of Ceuthr, hidden beneath the many roads of a town lies countless souls, trapped within the Dungeon of Ragrok. You are, undeniably, one of them, searching for a way out. Why, how and when does not matter. You need to escape.
So what, you just gonna sit there? The Game Master demands a story!

This tale will use dice and have a few game mechanics which I will explain in a bit. The whole point is to escape, and working together is welcomed, though not optional. Working in teams will give you many advantages but with that also comes disadvantages. To escape Ragrok you will need to find the exit and open the gate. Of course, it's not that simple, since you'll have to remain undetected as you go. If you are found by a Guard, you will need to a) silence them before they can alert others or b) run and hide. If you choose A, you will have to enter Combat. If you lose, you are sent back to your cell stripped of all your belongings. If you choose B, well, pray that they don't get a 17 or higher (D20 of course).
When rolling for an action like moving through an area, trying to remain undetected, use a D20. Combat is probably going to use D12. And for Guard rolls, D100.

Like every good little RP, there will buffs and debuffs! Yay! For example, if you are shot in the leg with an arrow, you will have, say, -3 debuff on action and -2 on Combat. If you have bad odor, you will have the chance of either a increase or decrease to a Guard detecting you! :D One thing for sure, if your character can be deemed within the four types (Fast, Strong, Smart and All-star), they may receive a buff/debuff. Fasties start off with +3 Action and -2 Combat, Guards get -1 Action, +1 Combat and -2 Detection of Fasties. Stronglies get +4 Combat but -3 Action, Guards get +3 Action, -2 Combat and +2 Detection. Smarty-pants get +2 Action and -2 Combat, Guards get -2 Action, +4 Combat and -3 Detection. All-stars are have no buffs or debuffs.

Anyway, if you have any questions, ask ahead!
Though, please, refrain from magic. Thanks~
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

This appeals so me, though the whole buffs and de-buffs thing is confusing me. I'll still join, just that I will need to be mentored.
Oooooh, a stealth-RPG style of RP! I'm interested! Could I use Adokas for this?
Game Master and othe (played by Derglet) Topic Starter

- Wonder Sure! :D I assume you'll go with Smarty-pants? Oh, by the way, that link leads to El! XD

- Cheese Guess it's a little confusing, huh? With the Dice rolls, you have the choice to add a Modifier. This can either subtract or add a number to your roll. If my character was Strong and I rolled a 6, because my modifier was +4, I'd have 10 instead. This means Strong characters are better off fighting the Guards, since they have a very low chance to fail/perform a weak attack, but very bad at moving around. Guards have a better chance of finding Strong characters, but if you were a Fast character, they'd have a difficult time catching up to you! ;D
Or you could just forget it and be an All-star character!

rolled 1d12 and got a natural 8. After the modifier of +4, got 12
Example: Strong roll - Combat. D12 with mod of +4

Game Master and others wrote:
- Wonder Sure! :D I assume you'll go with Smarty-pants? Oh, by the way, that link leads to El! XD

Ah, whoops! That's actually who I meant, I just got their names mixed up... ;-_-
Game Master and othe (played by Derglet) Topic Starter

Ah, yup. El it is~ :P

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Dungeons of Ragrok - Fantasy Adventure w (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus