Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » New Character, Flexible Plot & Setting (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I've just made a new character, Gwyn, and I'm jonesing for a roleplay with him.

He's a very quiet and measured character, so anyone looking to write with him will have to be able to take long periods without drama and maybe entire posts that have him saying maybe two sentences. He's not boring, but quiet, and if you or your character needs a lot of dialogue to keep interested I'd suggest not trying to take this on. A lot of plot points are listed on his profile, and I'll paste them below.

Please read through his profile. The whole thing. It makes everything easier, and I typed everything there for a reason. You need to know it.

Plot Points

Friends

In order to be a casual character involved with Gwyn, you're going to need a lot of patience. He's quiet and doesn't fill spaces well. While I will write all I can back to you, there's a certain limit as to what can be written when your character doesn't like talking all that much and is just awkward and doesn't think clear, legible thoughts too often. The beginnings of roleplays are testy, I know, but I can't do anything to make it more riveting in the beginning unless we establish an antagonist.

Adventurers

As his actual mythological self, Gwyn helps a plethora of wayward travellers and hunters and questers alike. If you're looking to volunteer someone for this, it'll be a one-off scene, unless we decide that either 1.) the characters have chemistry and we want to play out a romance or 2.) we're going to get Gwyn involved in the character's entire quest. He gets bored easily, so him deciding to help out a random person isn't all that crazy an idea, unless he just does it of his own accord.

Court Members

You'll have to read through my sort of wiki on the second page on how the fae world works, and it'll be easiest if you dream up a new character. Patience is key; Gwyn's hesitant, so it's hard to get to know him. When you think you don't know him, you do, and when you think you do, he likes to make himself a little more complicated. I think the best way this could play out is if your character is looking to get something out of him, whatever it may be.

Lovers

He needs someone who's patient and loud, but not loud in the sense that they force themselves onto other people. He's an old man at heart and a sap, too, so he'll try and do favors for them and bring them things and maybe attempt at verbal confirmations, but he's not very good at that. He's willing to do almost anything for someone he trusts. Gender doesn't matter; he'll be hesitant to pursue a relationship with either.

Enemies

Anyone picking a fight with him, anyone willing to wage war on the courts - he won't really like them and will be willing to call them an enemy. He's a formidable foe - The Dialogue of Gwyn ap Nudd and Gwyddno Garanhir refers to his swordarm as "the hope of armies" and the "hero of hosts." In order to be a sort of villain and everything to work out, your character will need to be close to the situation, and therefore probably part of the fae realm in some sort of way.

Requirements

- Two paragraphs for casual roleplaying, three when there's more to go off of, five if you see a need for it. I understand that if a scene is based on dialogue, the post is going be rather short, but if the characters are apart or you don't need to end a post for my character's actions, please fill in the space. I typically write anywhere from two to ten paragraphs.

- Understanding of the fact that IC is IC and OOC is OOC. Gwyn can be an asshole if he sees reason to be, and it's not a reflection of how I think. Gwyn is very bad at reading situations and people, and his problematic thoughts and opinions and conclusions are not mine, they are his.

- Decent activity. I try reply within at most three days, but I also have music to practice and people to see and a family to spend time with. And, y'know, I try to keep it consistent, so I ask that you do, too. You can tell me if you're not enjoying what I post and are slow because of it. You can tell me if you're going somewhere and won't be able to reply. I really won't mind. But please be somewhat considerate, because just not knowing is a little bit stressful. Are you okay? Do you not enjoy the roleplay? Am I doing something wrong? Please just let me know.

- A pretty adept understanding of the English language, and how grammar works alongside that knowledge. Please know where to put your commas and your apostrophes and where not to, as well. Please know to put quotation marks around what the character is saying and please also know which words are allowed to be together, as well, like saying 'an apple' instead of 'a apple.' Please know how to construct complex sentences and compound ones and please know to vary which kind of sentences you use so that it's not repetitive. Basics, really.

Thank you for reading, and I hope we can start something up!
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

I'm interested! :)
Dot

Currently, I am only in one roleplay and am looking for some long-term roleplay partner and have taken interest into your character here, who's photos are from I Am Number Four, and I actually liked that movie, but off that point.

Just a couple questions I have to ask first.

Is this primarily supernatural/magic related things? And if so, would you rather I used one of my magical characters rather than say my psychopath human, No-No, or my somewhat insane hitwoman, Victoria Blake? My magical characters being displayed publicly on my page would be Vyncint Schwartz and Dreichaun Mordecaia.

I'm not sure if you particularly enjoy reading deeply into characters, but you seem to have fine descriptions, features, backgrounds and personalities for your characters that are well-created and each character is quite unique.

If you're disinterested in roleplaying with me and acquainting our characters with one another, I'd be pretty cool with that since I'm not in any hurry to get back into the roleplaying business.
I am interested.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » New Character, Flexible Plot & Setting (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus