Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Nero 7: The Fall of the Mercenary (closed)

Draken Iter (played by Draken901)

"........" Yep, that about sums it up. Draken, had no idea what in the cosmos he is witnessing. He can't decide if he is baffled or severely confused. Like what in hell did he just walk into? You got a ninja lady jumping onto a sword that's been planted into the ground with one foot, then jumping off of it again with the sword melting. Then calling out to a random rabbit lady still in the line. Then you got a dinosaur thing with what looks like crudely made weapons made outta scrap metal and a cowboy with a respirator.
Fushio (played by TaintedCaribou)

Her head turned ever so slightly. Just enough to once again see the growing group, even if only out of her peripheral vision. Oh, she knew she was the one being addressed. That was but one of many, many down sides to being a member of a dwindling species... No one to blend in with.

Fushio considered her options. On one hand, she was being invited to some sort of parley. Pro: it was with the apparently infamous "Mad Gunner". Con: He was not the one offering the invite. Pro: It could mean bypassing the application process. Con: It guaranteed her loss of line position.

She leaned to one side, and counted both in front of her, and behind. She shrugged, mostly to herself. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. She stepped out of line... And immediately lost her place as everyone filed forward. No turning back now.

She adjusted the backpack on her shoulders, and walked toward the group. There were no hostiles to fight or threaten, so no need existed to run or flash a weapon. Fushio also held no stock in making statements... Not that there was much option for it. What was she to do to show off her skill set? Shoot someone, and patch them up? Poison them to cure it? So, her arrival, especially in comparison to others, was barely even note worthy.

When she was still a few feet away, she finally spoke. Her voice was soft, and more interestingly, lacked any discernible accent. "You requested my presence?"
Aelia Jennifer Manenhfald (played anonymously)

Aelia smiled as one of her cat ears twitched, she loved when she made persons speechless, she turned her head slightly and smiled at the power armor dude before returning to the Sul.
Well well, what do we have here ?
Her smiled grew wider at the hesitation of the Sul, she already liked that one, intelligent, she considers all of her options before taking a decision, she would made a good AI recruit, but most of the people were more scarred of her governement and kind than anything else, so she should probably drop the matter, she'll never accept.
She looked at her when she stepped out of the line and waited for her to join her.
And then she talked.
She had no accent.
That wasn't good, at all, it meant she could hide where she had been.
All of Aelia's surveillance systems concentrated on her with laser focus, her cat ears perked forward while her eyes were fixated on the bunny's.
-You know, eaves dropping is naughty child, you should at least be a little more discrete, so why don't you tell s your name and why you're here to make it up with us, uh ?
Some people in the line stared at them, intrigued on this petite girl scolding a way taller and physcally way older women.
She smiled inocently at her, waiting for her answer.

Another girl in a markless black uniform shifted in the shadows at the end of the corridor, she looked towards the group before suddendly vanishing before anyone could notice, like she never existed.
Remus Doran (played by TheTwilightWarrior) Topic Starter

Remus relaxed slightly as she stated her business. Perhaps, not the most couth way of appearing all of a sudden, yet her etiquette soon after seemed to have redeemed her. "I'm sorry for pulling it out all of a sudden. I was a little twitchy, if you know what I mean..."

Remus looked to the Sul in the line to which the woman was calling out for. He had not noticed her eavesdropping. Funny, it could be a sign of old age. What? No, he was only around 30 at this point. Old age couldn't have been a factor in this matter. It was either that or, just a simple lack of perceptive observation. The latter seemed more likely, although this did give him a sense of anxiety toward his age, despite him being reasonably young at this time.

"Now now stranger. Let's not be too forceful on the young lady." Remus cleared his throat, the sound being reminiscent of a cough filtered through a plastic pipe. "Is it true?" He looked to the Sul. "By the way, nice hat."

The lack of accent wasn't about hiding origins... Rather she simply learned the language on the move, and mostly from books, so she just never developed an accent.

She studied the lithe framed construct as Aelia attempted to scold her. She really wasn't phased by it, or the reference to being a child... It was difficult to judge age. Plus she'd been called worse... Been yelled at before, too.

When her term to speak came, she took a breath, using the moment to organize her thoughts. "First, I like to view it more as reconnaissance... As the offered employment seems to be more of a team effort then a solitary mission. I could be paired with any person here," Her attention shifted momentarily to Remus," if awarded said contract. Knowing something about my potential... Associates, seems useful. "

"Second," Her focus back on Aelia, "considering your own recent activities, to include: the use of an adaptive camouflage to spy, rapid and aggressive unsolicited insertion into the group you were spying on, and inviting complete strangers to join said group, I question your judgement of my actions... When they are less invasive, less obvious, and less impolite than your own."

"Finally, I came to this area for presumably the same reason as everyone here." She held up her copy of the flier. "To seek employment of my particular skill set. As far as why I am standing here, by you, you invited me over. Literally. You called me over."

Fushio folded the flier, mostly for something to do with her hands. Her gaze returned to Remus as she did, "I thank you for the compliment, and see that your own tastes are equally refined." Back to Aelia, "As far as my name, you have not offered your own... But demand mine, after chastising me. That, I find rude... Which leaves me a little apprehensive about giving you any information." She was careful to keep her tone level and calm. All points considered, but especially the behavioral analysis, suggested that this individual was either mentally unbalanced, or deliberately faking it. Either option meant she didn't want to provoke an aggressive response. At the same time, despite the innocent expression, this seemed a challenge, which required her to respond as such.
Sarrien Fadder (played by Leon)

As all this weird stuff was happening, I was just waiting in line. I had put my helmet back on, and have been listening to music through the speakers on the inside. So I was completely unaware of everything going on around me, except the movement of the line, which I kept up with. 'Shouldn't be too long before I get to the front. Hopefully.' I think to myself.

When she started talking, Aelia smiled, she might come to like that girl.
After she finished her tirade however, Aelia was in a way worst mood, her eyes turned to a flashy alarm-type red, did this girl just criticize her ? REALLY ? Of both of them, she was supposed to do it, she has the right to for goodness sake ! A little voice tried to tell her that there was no way the Sul might know who she was, or that she might not even know who she was working for, but Aelia quickly shuted her up, she had enough of this ! If this bounty hunter want some apologies out of her, then she will have to come get them !
-What I do, is none of your concern citizen -If you have proper citizenship of course- but what you do, especially if you spy on me is of my concern ! Now I require you to decline your identity, and explain to me how the hell you are able to see trough nano-camouflage ! With that said, if you have anything to say, don't hesitate, just so you know that you might not survive the consequences, bounty hunter.
She spit the two last word like if it was poison, but then, her expression suddendly softened as she turned towards Remus :
-Sorry for the trouble, I'll be going now, unless mylady has something to say.
Her expression switched to anger as she looked at the Sul.
She knew that the insult on the citizenship and the bounty hunters will get her into trouble, she planned on it, it was the Sul's choice to step in or to stay out of it, and that will quickly renseign her on her temper, of course, parts of her (most of them, actually) wanted this, and that's why she sounded sincere, but the rest wanted to see how she will react, because she knew this person has extremely high chances to be on the team, there was simply almost no medics in the line.
She smiled internally as some persons in the line started clapping their hands on their weapons, apparently, the tone she used for bounty hunters didn't go unoticed, good, killing people was always a good way to relieve pressure, and hey, it might give some work to the medic, so everybody wins !
Her internal smile grew larger as she started to pick her targets.

The meeting room
X-MNR6-99-7-6-2-5-25-9-48 or "Xenon" was a Courser, what's a Courser would you ask ? Well a Courser is an extremely deadly operative used and produced by the UCI, the Union of Cybernetic Intelligence, a nation formed of AIs. Generaly, when a Courser was sighted, it meant that a lot of people were going to die, as Coursers were used for search and destroy missions, as well as data recovery missions, and because they were incredebly tough and hard to kill, though they weren't invicible, they were powerfull enough to rarely be defeated, and when it occured, the UCI made sure that nobody lived to tell about it.
The Coursers had two uniforms : one was a long grey weapon-proof thenchcoat with either a fedora or nothing, accompanied of course by the UCI insign as well as the Courser symbol (A synthetic human with his arms spread above it's shoulder but slightly under his ears and legs pressed together englobed in a giant C surrounded by laurels, much like the UN symbol), the other outfit was a thick spartan-like black power armor with a blue visor equipped with basic active camouflage, heavy shields and an incredebly thick armor, mostly used only either in battle situations, or when Command expected trouble.
And there he was with his power armor, sitting in the meeting room with the General and looking through the security cameras.
He sighed before looking at the General, displaying the scene on an holographic screen on his left.
-Should I take care of this ? Or would you rather let it come to an end on it's own ? Or you could send in your security, all up to you Sir, but if I may, do not upset her, and if you leave it to be, there might be some corpses, or a lot, that depends on how much she feel offended.
The AI patiently waited for the General to answer.

"Um... what are you..." Remus looked to the other bounty hunters and mercenaries who were resting their hands on their weapons. Although it couldn't be seen, his eyes widened. The look she gave to the others boiled a sense of anxiety within him. Feeling it his responsibility to prevent a potentially violent predicament, Remus stood in front of Aelia, looking at the bounty hunters. He raised his hand so as to show he wasn't about to draw. "Please excuse her, I'm sure this is her first time. Just... don't pull 'em out just yet okay? Save your bullets for someone else. Someone worthy, kay? Thank you..." He turned his head to Aelia. "Please don't make this any harder for either of us." He whispered.

The Meeting Room

The general looked down and sighed. He should've known better than to compile some of the galaxy's notorious killers into one room. Fredrickson looked to the AI. "I'm afraid some form of intervention would be-..." He paused as he heard the voice of Remus. He looked to the screen, and his face almost lit up. "I'm sure Remus can handle this situation just fine. If not, he can surely take care of himself... let's wait and see..."

The line grew restless as its occupants began to display an aggressive tone. Whether Sarrien was aware of this or not, his time in the line was nearly at its end.

"Next! Hurry up!" The captain called as the last bounty hunter in front of Sarrien was called. Their details were shared before he was sent off, the bounty hunter keeping a close eye on the AI, and his hand close to his pistol as he made his way out.

"Next!"

Fushio listened to her, and admittedly took joy in getting a rise out of Aelia. The quick turn to aggression was expected, but the provoking of every bounty hunter within ear shot was an unforeseen move.

Grossly aware of her position between both sides of the impending firefight, she began to slowly circle around Aelia to change that. The question was how to defuse the situation... Clearly the girl wanted to fight. And she welcomed a fight with everyone... Which meant she could either win, or thought she could. Trying to talk her down seemed... A poor choice. These were the actions of someone wanting to make a point.

But what was the point? Fushio studied her carefully, thinking of their conversation so far. She nodded her head slowly, an idea forming.

"Let me see if I understand your question. You are asking if I recognize imaginary lines created by your government that divide the vast reaches of space, and if I have filed for, and received some sort of paperwork saying I belong to one side of the line?" Her tone was now just condescending. "You are trying to tell me I should be bothered by being an illegal alien?" She forced a laugh. "You have no authority over me."

There was no mention to seeing through camouflage. Though, she never actually claimed to have seen through it. No point in correcting the misconception there.

She turned her attention back to Remus, and his attempts to defuse the situation. "No! Do not interfere. She is about to do exactly what I want her to. Eliminate the competition." It was a calculated bluff, based on situational analysis.

Control. That was the problem. Or rather, lack of it. She was carefully baiting Aelia now. Deliberately ignoring some questions, mocking others. Undermining her authority, and attempts to take charge.

Fushio had put the choice back to Aelia now: Fight and publicly 'prove' she was manipulated, or stand down 'winning' back control of herself, and the situation. To illustrate the point further, she looked back to Aelia, did an overt hand wave to the crowd, then added, "Run along now." She said it like a parent dismissing a petulant child.

Aelia smiled with a big, warm smile, and as Fushio turned her head towards her, she only saw the barrel of Aelia's revolver and energitic pistol.
BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM
Six bounty hunters behind Fushio fell to the ground, dead.
Aelia still had her smile as she holstered her revolver and aimed for the Sul's head with her energitic pistol.
-Good...Night...
And then she saw the guy in power armor, him and his gun pointed towards her.
OH SH-

The meeting room
Xenon instantly froze as he saw Aelia shooting, and panic reflected in his eyes when he saw the human in power armor activating his weapon.
Xenon stormed out of the room, he knew he wouldn't be there on time, but he could still prevent Aelia from being killed.

"What the..." It was there he unholstered his voltage gun and shook it a bit, giving it some charge. He backed away a bit with his gun pointed towards Aelia. "You just killed those people you sick lady!" He rotates the handle of the weapon, and it lets loose a cyan colored bolt of electricity, which races towards Aelia.

Aelia didn't have the time to dodge, the energy blast hit her with full force, her personal shield took the hit but was overloaded, activating a giant short-circuit through her body, she started shaking incontrolably as her tail got free from her suit, she fell to the ground before stopping shaking, then she whimpered as she curled up in a ball, defenceless, her ears flat on her skull and her eyes closed.
She wasn't capable of cognition, all of her system were struck down, her intelligent was limited to the one of an animal.

The Corridor
Xenon rushed towards Drake as he aimed his plasma gun on him.
-STOP IMMEDIATELY ! DROP YOUR WEAPON, NOW !

"Serves you right you piece of-" Hearing the person yelling at him, he holds on to his voltage gun with one arm. "Oh what, you think it's right that she just killed all those people over there?! What the hell even is this mess?"
Sarrien Fadder (played by Leon)

I'm just completely ignoring what's going on, not wanting any part of what's happening. I just keep looking at the captain. "My name is Sarrien Fadder, I'm a human male, and I'm 24. My method of hunting is by locating a target's energy with the Force, and then using it to track them down. I'd most likely bring them in alive, since I have a holding cell on my ship." I think for a brief moment. "I'd probably bring her to the authorities, then help her find her parents once I had finished my job. And I think I act like both at different times, but for the most part I'm an idealist. I don't have experience in a traditional military, but I have fought battles alongside the Mandalorian DeathWatch, and have fought in the, for lack of a better word, army of the Jedi, but neither is technically a military. No, I don't do anything like that. Partially because that kind of stuff is extremely expensive." I laugh lightly. "But what made me whant to apply for this mission was the target. If I take down a high profile target like that, I'm going to get more jobs. And more jobs, the more I can buy food."

The very fabric of time in Remus' eyes suddenly slowed to a snail's pace. He looked at Aelia in this state, and quickly dived out of the potential crossfire to a corner in the wall. As the bounty hunters were gunned down, the others were just about to fire, right before Aelia was zapped by Draken. The captain exclaimed in swears and stood up, almost reaching for his pistol, but was too late as Aelia hit the ground. "Well, that's one less psychopath to deal with..." The captain said.

Remus got up from his slouched position, and looked at the sight of the stunned Aelia. He drew a sigh of relief and walked up to the Sul. "Are you alright?"

The captain, although in a state of shock, wrote down as much as he could on the blank spaces of the paper. He looked up to Sarrien when he said 'the Force'. "Great... a space hippie, oh well..."

He looked up again, confused when he said 'Deathwatch' and 'army of the Jedi'. "Never heard of them. You sound quite exotic for a hippie." He gives him the card. "Okay, just hang tight till we get in contact with you again. Oh, by the way, nice armour."

The Courser stopped, his weapon steadily aimed at Drake's head, he thought for a few milliseconds and answered :
-I am merely trying to avoid anymore unnecessary casualties, whatever sense of justice you serve, killing only leads to more killing, if you can't leave it there and let her live, the cycle of violence will never end, with you killing her, me killing you, ect ect. The choice is up to you, make the right decision.
With that, he lowered his weapon, and waited for the other to answer, but still ready to shoot him if he tried to fire.

The Altar
Even if Aelia was out of control, the Altar was left undamaged, and Delta was pissed, really pissed.
She punched the screen, sending it flying through the room, the others looked at her in fear as her green color slowly switched to black.
-Try to open a path to Aelia's mind, I'm going to make a call to command.
The others nodded before getting to work.

Fushio didn't move with the first barrage of rounds. It was not about toughness, or making a statement... She just did not have time to react. Her eyes closed, and she visibly winced with the first couple reports of the revolver. She hadn't been anticipating any of it, and as a result had no time to ready herself for the noise. Her exceptional hearing was regrettable at the moment.

Her eyes opened as the ringing in her ears cleared. It only took a moment, but it was long enough that she missed the raising of the energy pistol, instead simply finding it leveled at her face. Sounds were still muffled as her hearing restored itself. All she caught was '...ight...'

When someone is faced with their death, a lot can be learned from their reaction. For Fushio, there were no outward emotions, no moves to dodge, or resist. This close of range meant there was no course of defense. Completely aware she was about to be as dead as the six behind her, and all she could do is say, "Well, shit." It was spoken as if her death were nothing but an inconvenience, like she were reading a book, and it would never be finished.

Then the flash of the bolt striking Aelia's shield, and the subsequent overload and collapse. Due to her close proximity, the concussive blast from this knocked her down as well.

Fushio just sort of laid there on her side, now even more disorientated then before. Everything together had been a bit similar to a flash bang or concussion grenade going off. Combined with the events right before, she was certain she'd been shot, and that this was some sort of disappointing afterlife.

As her vision and and hearing cleared, she could make out Remus near her. He was trying to talk to her...but she could not make out the words. Probably not dead then. At least for now.

Fushio pointed toward where Aelia was, or where she at least thought her to be, unaware of what sort of condition she was in after the attack. "Weapon!" She shouted it, mostly because she couldn't tell her own volume level.

"Fine then..." He holstered his voltage gun onto his pack. "If she does something like that again though, I'm shocking her again. There isn't a need for random murder." He walks back over to where he previously was. "Hey, gas-mask, bunny ears, you two okay?"

Xenon looked at Remus as the Sul shouted about Aelia's weapons, he stepped forward, now standing between the bounty hunters and the incapacitated Courser.
-Don't even think about it. He said with a dead cold tone.
Aelia started to move a bit, she didn't understood where she was, she was uterly as her system rebooted one after another, she sat, rubbing her head softly, as he sensed that, Xenon turned towards her, holstered his gun and kneeled besides her before examining her, he then put a hand to her temple, connecting them.
Establishing connection with [Aelia]...
Identity...Check...
Clearances...Check...
Welcome, Unit X-MNR6-99-7-6-2-5-25-9-48.
Connection Established.
Processing Data....
Data Processed.
Initiate Emergency Reboot Sequence ? Y/N
Y
Reboot Sequence Initiated, please stand by for reinitialization.
Xenon withdrew his hand as her stepped back, he knew the process was going to get a few seconds to start, he sighed before picking up Aelia's energy pistol which was lying on the floor, right next to his feet, he spun it a few time in a very western style before adressing the others.
-Well gentlemans, lady, I think you are now expected in the General's office, aren't you ?
It wasn't really a question, after what happened, there was explaining to do.

Mission Command
Raven spun a few time on her chair before coming to a stop, she sighed before looking at the only AI physically present in the room, Anastasia.
-So, are you sure this was a good idea ? The mission didn't even started and they already got into a fight with their potential colleagues.
-I understand your concerns, but human lives are irrelevant, this experiment is vital, and it is extremely important that we only intervene in case of extreme necessity.
-So what, you're going to stand here and do nothing ?
-You human AIs never learn patience don't you ? Don't worry, I'm going to order Xenon to give Aelia's pacification code level I to the squad leader.
-Wait, are those the one that forbid the concerned AI to attack someone unless she's in danger ?
-Exactly, this way her companions can pacify her, but not do everything they want with her.
-I don't think she's gonna like it.
-She doesn't have the choi-
She was cut by a loud ringing as an AI hologram appeared.
-Direct Communication from Colonel Delta, repeat, Direct Communication from Colonel Delta, repeat...
-Well speak of the Devil...Added Raven before picking up.

Remus moves his left cybernetic hand in front of the Sul's face. He protracted two mechanical fingers. "How many am I holding up?" Regardless of her answer, he would say 'Close enough' and grab her hand to lift her from her position. Remus turns to the man in power armour. "For now..."

He promptly looked to Xenon. It seemed he was far too preoccupied with the Sul and seemed to have forgotten the AI's presence. He looked to the now dead bounty hunters. "Damn... that wasn't bad for a psychopath..." He looked to Xenon again, then to the Sul. "You okay to walk?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Nero 7: The Fall of the Mercenary (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus