Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Nero 7: The Fall of the Mercenary (closed)

Fushio (played by TaintedCaribou)

Fushio simply allowed herself to be led around. This was a choice made largely out of necessity. She did not know where the meeting was, who it was with, or how to get there.

This does not mean she enjoyed the process. Her expression was one of exasperation... And had formed about 30 seconds after they stepped off the ship together.

Freed of Aelia's enthusiastic grasp, she took the time to look around the room, then selected a chair well beyond the immediate reach of the AI. Her attention then turned back to the others in the room. She offered a small wave as a means of greeting, then casually slouched down into her seat, to await the start of things.
Draken Iter (played by Draken901)

He walked with the guards through the halls. He swiped his guard, and headed on in, expecting to see at least one of the familiar faces. He was not let down. "Yeah, thanks." He said with the speaker crackling a bit. He shook the hand and laid on a wall nearby. He chose not to acknowledge Aelia for the betterment of everyone in the room.
Remus Doran (played by TheTwilightWarrior) Topic Starter

Remus would walk up to Aelia, and look her down through his red-lensed mask. If Aelia could determine the facial features of Remus through the lenses, his skin was a light blue, as was his eyes. Although, through the lenses, that was pretty much all she could determine. His eye muscles almost twisted in an angry scowl as he stared her down.

"Look... I may have issues with hurting women, but I'd gladly put down your kind any day. If I see you going crazy once again, I WILL kill you. There's no objection in my moral code in punishing the guilty." He suddenly looked to Xenon. "I'm sure everything is sorted then? I just hope she won't be a detriment to our mission." Fredrickson almost called in security as soon as Remus stared her down. He relaxed as soon as Remus stormed away from her and sat down next to Fushio, disgruntled.

Fredrickson came in after an hour passed of them waiting for the space hippy. Fredrickson groaned as he made his way out his office, and into the meeting room. He looked around to see the rag-tag team of bounty hunters, mercenaries, and so on.

"Ladies, gentlemen... let's get down to business..."

He pulled out a remote from his pocket and used it to switch on the holotable. There, a light blue interpretation of Priest's flagship could be seen.

"Now, listen closely... Based on numerous dogfights with this cruiser, it is suspected their achilles would be in this area, right here...." A red marker appeared on the bottom of the interpretation, displaying a large part of what appeared to be its hangar. "We'll be using UCI manufactured Electronic Countermeasures to bypass the energy field, and enter the hangar. Remus, you're gonna have to go in someone's ship this time."

"Yessir."

"Okay, good. Now, you work your ways up the ship through whatever means necessary. I can order the quartermaster to give you any equipment you may need, so Cloaking Devices and EMP Grenades are all for the taking. It is suspected the cruiser has Jetpack Troopers, Heavily Armed and Armoured Infantry, and those of the lighter variety. You are free to kill as many as you please, these traitorous scumbags don't deserve a place in court. After killing Priest at the upper part of the cruiser -most likely the main deck- you will contact your operator, and request an evac. Any questions?"
Aelia Jennifer Manenhfald (played anonymously)

Aelia sustained Remus' look without flinching, they weren't affraid of him, sure, he was a well known bounty hunter, but Aelia was more than confident in her new abilities.
-I'd like to see you try, blue boy. She muttered under her breath, too low for Remus to hear her.
-That's enough ! Hissed/whispered Xenon to Aelia.
Xenon then sighed and turned around to face Remus.
-She won't be a problem, in fact, she will be an asset, but if you provoke her, she will react, I know she has done what could be considered horrible things for humans, but she's merely a prototype, and prototype are here to make mistake, to avoid that the final version makes the same, so be indulgent, the UCI will be watching, wherever she is, we won't be far behind....
He then seated down right next to Aelia, who had kept her head down, whoever could have seen her eyes could have seen that they were fragemented in a multitude of colors.
When Frederickson arrived, Aelia had gone back to her normal state, and was slightly smiling, her hand behind her head and legs crossed.
She gave him a small nod and her smile only got wider when he mentionned the UCI, the second he finished his sentence, her arm shot up.
-Sir, if I may, what if someone exterior interferes ? What if Priest is not here ? What type of EVAC will we have ?

Control
-Is everything ready ?
-Yes ma'am, we are ready to begin operation Red Death, we are awaiting your signal.
-Good, stand-by for now, you know what you'll have to do, Raven ?
-Yes, General ?
-Is everything ready for you ?
-Yes ma'am, everything is in position and in sync, we are awaiting your command.
-Good, stand-by for now, Delta ?
-Everything ready to go, we're in the question phase, but that's about it, ma'am, what if they interfere ?
-We won't care, us or them, the result will be the same, they have as much interest as us in this mission, now stand-by for mission launch, Xenon will be accompanying you to the dropship, and then will report to me, good luck Delta.
-Thanks General, Delta, out.
Remus Doran (played by TheTwilightWarrior) Topic Starter

Fredrickson turned to Aelia. "If by exterior, you mean hostile, then you are free to deal with them in however way you can. Shoot em, burn em, hang em, whatever works. If friendly... I wouldn't trust them if I were ya'll, I don't suspect there to be any other forces at work besides our own.

If Priest isn't there, follow the instructions of your operator, they'll get you to EVAC once the Navy has cleared the airspace of any hostile activity.

As for EVAC, you will be guided to the nearest hangar bay, and a shuttle will be there waiting for you; that is, after you clear the bay of any mercenary tangos. And... Remus... please stop staring at her so intently. Alright, good... If anything goes out of plan, contact your operator. The quartermaster will fit you with any headset or communication system necessary to contact them. Any more questions?"
Fushio (played by TaintedCaribou)

Fushio watched the various interactions, remaining quiet as Remus took the seat next to her.

Then the brief started, to which she listened quietly. The plan seemed rough, at the least. Enter here. Work your way to here. Kill him. Exit.

She stared at the hologram, listening to the posed questions, and their ensuing answers.

"So... We are an execution team. Assassins if you will, with blanket authority to kill? Your plan is to publicly insert us into a hanger bay, likely fortified. We then fight through an unspecified number of heavily armed and armored people, working our way through the ship. All of this to assault the obvious target, the likely heavily defended and reinforced bridge and command center?"

"It seems like a bit of a suicide mission, where numerous things could go wrong. But sure. We can roll with this. Plans fall apart at the first shot any way... What proof do you require of the targets death? Additionally, what are the conditions of our payment? If we fight through this, and discover the target is not onboard, will we still be compensated, assuming the vague escape plan works?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Nero 7: The Fall of the Mercenary (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus