Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Two Hundred and Forty Days...

Kirsten Lyfeld (played by Flashwolf96)

She noticed her own irregular breathing pattern, but she couldn't stop it. She was never good at staying calm when not in Alan's presence, but in this pandemonium, she lost all of her control. She couldn't help but nod at the woman's request. Her eyes welled up with tears, but she wrapped her pinky around the woman's, solidifying their promise.

But things only got worse. Her heavy sighs turned into gasps as breathing suddenly became ten times harder. She never got panic attacks when around Alan, but they happened frequently when not in his presence. She gazed up at the woman pleadingly, her face full of horror and shock, as she fumbled with her pocket, seemingly looking for something.

(Is this going too far? I mean, I designed her to be like this when I made her, but I feel like I'm making things harder for you for some reason)
Tanner Goodman (played by _EBG)

(Haha, works for me)

Tanner assessed everything Alan relayed to him about his sister and nodded his head. He even detected a hint of worry in his tone.

"We'll find her," he reassured. "The only issue is moving through the crowd to get to her. You ready?"

Tanner Goodman wrote:
(Haha, works for me)

(Wasn't talking to you, Mal, jeez >.>)
The Lyfelds (played anonymously)

"Yeah, I'm ready." he replied.

(<3)
Sonya Rivington (played by Sweet16)

(Awe <3)

(XD XD XD XD Lmao Julia)

With Alan right behind him, Tanner began attempting to wade through the panicking crowd. All around, everyone began pushing and shoving their way out of the way condo. Unfortunately for Tanner, he ended up right in the eye of the storm, losing all control of his movements as the swarm of people drove him towards the exit. If Alan had been following, he too would share the same fate.

Alan was swept up right alongside Tanner.

"Talk about rush hour!" he exclaimed, trying to make light of their difficult situation. "Where's Jackie Chan when you need him?"
Samantha Ardel (played by ShadowStryker)

(Totally okay.)

Sam swallows nervously and leads the child to the wall, gently settling in front of her. She's getting worse... Okay, okay, what did mom do when I had an attack?

Sam gently locks gazes with the girl as she slowly reaches forward, to her pocket, hoping to uncover an inhaler or something. She makes sure to speak calmly and clearly. "Hey there, honey, can you hear me? I need you to do me a favor. List five things for me that you can hear, okay? We'll start with that. Five things you can hear."

"A-ah...u...." she tried to speak, but could form no coherent words. Her breaths were becoming shorter and quieter by the second.

-inning...everything's...spinning...

The item in her pocket finally fell onto the ground: A small, brown, crumpled up paper bag from Burger King, seemingly the remains of a quick stop to Burger King before the party.
Dungeon Master (played anonymously) Topic Starter

From all corners of the hallway you hear screaming, blood sprays on the walls as the undead rush to consume human flesh the crowded stairwell is unpassable. There are just too many bodies, but the elevator... Has no one thought of it yet? It could probably only fit six maybe seven people at most...
A string of curses echoed through Rilla's mind. She had turned her back as the boy shouted, wanting to help; and now the flashlight was gone. Wild, warm eyes darted round. She didn't want to succumb to the crowd's panic.

Rilla rifled through the kitchen drawers, finding a few extra batteries. She stuck them in the pockets of her blue skirt. She couldn't stand to not have pockets. The woman rolled up her puffy white sleeves, grabbing a blade and slipping it into her leather belt.

As she strode into the main room, screams tore through the stairwell like great shards of glass. Desperate, terrified, human in the brittle cold.
Rilla cast her head side ways, looking for a hopeless... then she saw it. What she thought had been a side door was a damn elevator. She would laugh at the poetic irony if she wasn't so scared.
Before she was even aware of making a decision, her boots were pounding against the floor, hand slamming onto the button. She didn't think it wise to alert the crowd of another way out; it would get them all killed.
Rilla spotted a young man with thick locks of black hair, just as she was about to abandon hope in anyone hearing a plea to get over here. Fighting against the crowd, his eyes were wide, fists clenched with blanched knuckles. He's not going to make it. He's going downstream, fast.
She tried to alert the blonde boy and a few close others. Even desperately trying to sort out how to get some farther ones against her instincts.

Sam's head snaps up as the sounds of terror and what she really hopes isn't what she thinks it is come from the stairwell. She whirls around, gaze darting for-

Oh thank all the gods above an elevator!

"Hold the door!" Sam shouts at the woman standing in the elevator, scooping up the panicking child in one arm and her Burger King package in another before bolting towards the elevator. "Please, don't leave!"
Rilla's clammy hand kept the elevator door at bay with a button. "I'm not; get in!"
She could hear the screams dying, something growing closer.

Kirsten was slowly losing consciousness. Her mind couldn't focus on anything anymore, except the one thing she held dearest to her: Alan.

"A-a...e....." she tried to alert the woman of the fact that her brother might still be among the crowd, but she still could not form words.

Sam swings the child more firmly into her grip, practically diving into the elevator. She kneels, propping the girl up against the wall as she looks up at the other woman. "Thank you so much!"

She pulls out the gun from her waistband and unlocks the safety- just in case- and turns back to the child. "H-hey! Stay with me, okay? I need to know who you're looking for? What's his name?"

(Hey DM, can the elevator make a second trip?)

Tanner Goodman wrote:
(Hey DM, can the elevator make a second trip?)

(Or better yet, can't they still venture out into the halls, but avoid the zombies as they eat the other guests?)

Kirsten hugged her knees and shut her eyes tight. She was shaking uncontrollably.

She didn't try to speak anymore, as every attempt proved futile anyway, and whimpered in reply. Now that she was out of the crowd, her consciousness returned to her, but she was still suffering from her panic attack.
A whoosh, click and push of a button, and they were on their way to the last floor.

Inside, the child's face was flushed of color, wisps of straw blonde hair falling around screwed shut eyes.
She might just be scared, but Rilla wondered if it was something more.

That, and the new passenger was much too young to have a child. She wasn't her sister, either. "Why do you have a kid with you?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Two Hundred and Forty Days...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus