Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Two Hundred and Forty Days...

Samantha Ardel (played by ShadowStryker)

Sam cautiously picks up her gun, just to be on the safe side. "That's a fair enough assessment, I think."

She lays a gentle hand on the child's shoulder. "Your brother seems like a great guy. I promise, I'll do everything I can to try and get you back to him, alright?"

I just hope he's still one of us...

"In the meantime, could I please know your name? Mine's Samantha, though only my grandmother calls me that." She grins crookedly. "All the cool kids- that includes you- call me Sam."
Kirsten Lyfeld (played by Flashwolf96)

Kirsten didn't even crack a grin at her joke. "N-Nice to meet you." she said, remembering her manners. "My name...is Kirsten. A-Alan is my brother." she said.

(Also Alan never saw Kirsten since they split up, so he wouldn't have known for sure that she went into the elevator. But I get what you mean in that the only way she could be alive right now is if she was in the elevator, so it'd be a safe assumption for him to make)
The teen had a sort of helpful nature about her, as she thought innocence would be the wrong word. Prepared, too. A good type of person to be stuck in the apocalypse with. And, of course, the older woman had been in a semi-state of denial, hoping that what was on the intercom and in the stairwells really wasn't what the doctor said it was, trying to stem the tide of existential and worrying thoughts that were only worsened by this damn situation. Conversation always helped.

"And last, but hopefully not least, I'm Rilla," she introduced, somewhat interrupting.

"Certainly not least. I wish I could say nice to meet you, but considering the circumstances..." Sam trails off, shrugging helplessly. Nevertheless, she straightens and extends a hand out to Rilla, even as she turns her gaze to the emergency hatch.

"If you could boost me up, Rilla, I'd like to take a look in the elevator shaft. Maybe I could see about prying the door open."
"No offense taken," Rilla replied. She looked up at the ceiling, swiping a tongue across her lips once more, pondering if it would work. There was a fair enough shot. Even if there wasn't, she would have accepted.

She shook Sam's hand, then fashioned her fingers together like a stirrup as agreement.

Sam nods in determination as she sets her hand on Rilla's shoulder, gaze locked on the hatch. She glances at Rilla's face, hoping her nerves don't show as much as she thinks they do. "It'll take me a few seconds to get the hatch open. Think you can hold me?"
"I'll try, but if you break my arm, you're paying the hospital bill." She said, with a faint, but reassuring smile.
If we get out of here, that is. Rilla kept her mouth shut about that part for Kirsten. Not because she was a kid, but because she didn't want to stress someone with possible anxiety out even more.

"I'm seventeen," Sam laughs, bouncing a bit in warning to Rilla. She tenses, ready for the woman to boost her up. "There's no way I have the money for a hospital bill. Ready when you are."

Are hospitals even operating anymore? What's going on? The biologist... Can someone reverse engineer the sickness? If anyone of that capability is even still with us...
"Yeah, it's called a joke," she replied with a smirk. "Alright, ready."
Rilla braced her upper body and protesting back, focusing on boosting the girl up. As much as she wanted to worry and wonder about the disease, there was only one way to find out what was going on.

"Alright!" Sam braces one hand against the lining of the hatch, trying to take as much weight of Rilla as possible as she fumbles with the lever. She grunts as she pulls at it, grinning as she manages to pop it open and lift it up. With only a little struggle (Thank god for athletics making me climb ropes. Stupid ropes.), she pulls herself up on top of the elevator. She peers over the edge at the two left in the box. "You guys good?"
Rilla rubbed at her shoulder. The woman couldn't see anything beyond Sam's head, her hair pouring down the hatch.
She gave her a thumbs up with her free hand.
Dungeon Master (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Sam you can't see much but there appears to be two figures about two stories up clinging to the wall. But you can't tell gender or whether they are turned or not.
Kirsten Lyfeld (played by Flashwolf96)

Dungeon Master wrote:
Sam you can't see much but there appears to be two figures about two stories up clinging to the wall. But you can't tell gender or whether they are turned or not.

(With the way things are going, it sounds like they're going to meet up soon. If they are, are you sure there's no way to keep them separated?)

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Two Hundred and Forty Days...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus