Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Two Hundred and Forty Days...

Tanner Goodman (played by _EBG)

(Fack! Christ XD XD Rilla, you killed us XD Alan and Tanner's fates are left to the DM now XD)
The Lyfelds (played anonymously)

(XD I like it though, the idea of Alan and Kirsten being separated for a good portion of the story is an interesting concept. I just hope Alan and Tanner can get out of the building alive to follow up on it)
Tanner Goodman wrote:
(Fack! Christ XD XD Rilla, you killed us XD Alan and Tanner's fates are left to the DM now XD)

Sorry xD
Alan Lyfeld wrote:
(XD I like it though, the idea of Alan and Kirsten being separated for a good portion of the story is an interesting concept. I just hope Alan and Tanner can get out of the building alive to follow up on it)

Yeah, that was my reasoning too.
Samantha Ardel (played by ShadowStryker)

"Saw her in the crowd, lost and scared," Sam answers, passing the girl her Burger King bag. "She began having a panic attack since she was separated from someone. All I got out of her was a pronoun."

Sam sits up against the wall and slowly draws the child into her lap, beginning to rub her back and hum soothingly, mimicking her own mother's comfort methods. She drags the gun beside her with her other hand, gaze locked on the elevator doors- worried for what sight will greet her outside them. Her gaze flickers only briefly do the woman.

"So. Do you have any idea what's going on?"

(Should we just start up a group chat? It sort of disrupts the story flow to have all the OOC interactions mixed with the IC)

(True. I agree, but who's going to make it?)
Kirsten Lyfeld (played by Flashwolf96)

(I'll do it, but I need to know everyone that's going to be involved in it. There are some people that are in this Rp, but have not posted yet)

(We could just make an OOC forum, so anyone who joins later could just find the link to it. I've learned though experience that giant PM chats are messy anyways.)

(The OOC Chat would be lost in the forums. It'll be better to keep it in our inbox.)

(Well, what if someone made a group and invited all of us into it? We could drop the link to it for every new person that replies)

Tanner Goodman wrote:
(The OOC Chat would be lost in the forums. It'll be better to keep it in our inbox.)

(Wait isn't that why you subscribe to your topics? I mean, I'm really down for anything, I just know PMs have been messy in the past so I though I'd point it out.)

(I agree, I'm okay with whatever)
Alan Lyfeld wrote:
(I agree, I'm okay with whatever)

Same; either PM or forums work.
Dungeon Master (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The elevator begins to move up then jerks suddenly and screams down to flights before the safety lock kicks on and all Players in the elevator fall down. You are stuck in the elevator currently...

Players not in the elevator, as the doors close you try to force the doors open but it takes a few of you to break the lock. An Npc who helped you loses his valence and falls downward. As you look up the elevator drops but catches itself two floors down.

The PC's move into the elevator shaft as the two hordes of undead collide in the hallway. The elevator doors slam shut and screams fade outside the shaft, all PC's are either in the elevator dazed or inside the elevator shaft two flights above the actual elevator. No NPC's are alive in this building as the screams turn into moans, undead are everywhere!
Rilla was about to answer with, well, she's probably scared because she's seperated from whoever she's supposed to be with, as neutrally as possible. Click. Vroom!

The woman heard a scream like a squeak, then a slam. She faintly registered that it was her own body that had caused the noise; as well as the older girl. She hadn't hit her head, but it would leave a bruise on her backside. "Of all the damn things..."

She dragged her knees forward, stretching her back out slowly, cautiously. Rilla put one hand over her fretting heart. In the corner, the child was curled up. A gaggle of goose bumps had seized the clammy, pale skin, her hair a brittle shield. Her breathing was jagged. She was in her shell, sensing only fear. "We need to get her back to whoever she was looking for; give her some form of safety after getting out." Or illusion of safety. Rilla turned to the teen. "You.. relatively ok?"

Kirsten took the Burger King bag and began breathing in and out of it. It calmed her down a little bit, but she was still worried about Alan.

She dropped the bag when the elevator went into free-fall. She didn't open her eyes once during the whole endeavor, but eventually opened them when she was asked a question.

"I...I want to go back..." she mumbled. She was glad that she could speak now, and her panic attack had seemingly passed. She was still shaking, but her breathing was slowly returning to normal, or as normal as it could get when you're stuck in an elevator with zombies outside.

Sam, when she had been thrown by the elevator, had been unable to stop the instinctive stream of curses pouring from her mouth when her head had smacked against the wall of the elevator. In her defense, studies have proven it helps reduce pain.

She claps a hand over her mouth as she reaches for the bag and passes it back to the child. Sam plops next to the girl, moving her hand from her mouth to her head to rub at her injury. "I'll do my best to find your family, honey. Are looking for your father? Brother?"

Kirsten whimpered again when more screams and horrifying sounds came from the building. She didn't care about Sam's cursing, as her father often swore like a sailor. Alan told her not to do it though, so she would never try it herself.

"M...my b-brother..." she mumbled as she took the bag again and pocketed it. It would come in handy the next time she had an attack, which was inevitable as long as she was separated from Alan. It still happened even if he was with her, but it occurred much more rarely and subsided sooner when in his company.

She tried occupying her thoughts with funny things about Alan. "H-he's a scatterbrain, and he gets scared easily. He screams like a girl and makes really dumb jokes. That's why I'm scared that he's all alone." she said.
Dungeon Master (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Alan and Tanner both can see the elevator two stories down, Alan you know your sister is inside but as you struggle to cling to the metal walls of the elevator shaft you both can hear intense scratching on the other side of the closed doors to the 12th floor. Looking up you can't see the top, darkness sets in around the twentieth floor but you know there are thirty floors in this building.

Ladies, only three of you in the elevator but the lights are still on... You can deduce you are around the tenth floor, but you don't think your door and the outer door line up. If you press the open door button nothing happens, if you press any button... Nothing happens. However there is an Alarm switch, if you press it a small bell goes off until you turn the switch again. Then it goes off....

What does each group do??
"Let it all out," Rilla said with a huff. The light above had stopped, twitched, and then burst back to life, allowing her to look about the elevator. Below the button pad was a little intercom. Next to that, an alarm. Well, it's worth a shot. She pressed the voice button.

There was scratching, then a sort of sick gurgle. Following was a hollow screech and chatter, not quite animal nor human. Rilla jumped back, clenching and unclenching her fists. She swiped her tongue across her lips, staring intently at the controls. "I.. don't think it'd be a good idea to press the alarm."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Two Hundred and Forty Days...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus