Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Ditched in the Park (Open!)

Melle (played by TheLily)

Melle had her eye on the picnic blanket as she wandered around the bushes. She knew that Molly and her mother would back later in the afternoon and needed to make sure she was close. She didn't want to break the kid's heart, especially since she was having an exciting day. A whole afternoon with her mother who hadn't had a drop to drink.

Dressed in her "best" boy's Bratz formal wear, Melle tugged at the uncomfortable elastic keeping the shirt tucked in, looking at the bird nest she had just found. There were no eggs in it, but she still felt like she was intruding. She wandered back over to the blanket and could just barely see Molly in the distance, a kite in the sky.

Her heart ached and she missed her mum suddenly. What would she give to see her again? Have a row like old times or even just say "I love you." Tears rolled down her ghostly cheeks, but the doll remained dry - there were no real tears anymore. Only ones she could feel inside her plastic prison.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara had come to the park today because she still couldn't get into work. She'd have to talk to Draeval about the lab the next time she saw him, though she had no idea when that would be. Today she's got on a pale yellow sundress with little white flowers embroidered on the hem, and her long, dark, wavy hair was tied back with a white bow. The look was completed with some white flats, and minimal makeup.

She had her ever present black tote bag, and she was reading a book that looked pretty worn and had no title. Even the woman playing with her child didn't seem to bother her, it was a nice day out and she just wanted to enjoy the weather too.
Melle (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

Melle got up, determined to stop crying. She began to walk in a figure-8, talking quietly to herself, "Don't bother crying. There is no point in crying. It won't change a thing!" She kept walking, feeling the jerky movements of her new joints combined with the smooth movement of her other movements.

She scratched her head and pulled the blue-black wig into a better position, not paying any mind to who might see her walking around. Nor did she even seem to notice as Molly and her mom came and picked up the blanket by the four corners, letting everything slide into the middle of it. They walked off, leaving Melle on her own with no idea how to get home.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara was content to read, and enjoy the weather. It's some rustling in a nearby bush that catches her attention and she pauses in her reading? "Hello?" She doesn't notice the little doll that had been left behind right away, because she's thinking that she's looking for some sort of animal. Chiara was an animal lover, the herd back at her house could attest to that.

"Is someone there?" It might seem odd that she would attempt to speak with an animal, but where she came from animals communicating with her was no big deal.

Melle froze when she heard a voice. She let her body fall to the ground and stayed as still as she possibly could. She wouldn't be hard to find against the dark brown of the musty earth. With the grey skin of her doll body sh stuck out like a sore thumb - she just hopped whoever found her wasn't too sadistic.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara put a bookmark in her book, and went to go investigate the bush. It didn't take her long at all to find the barbie doll looking thing, and she'd reach out and pick it up. She realized the woman and child were gone, and she looked around for them. She didn't spot them right away, so she'd return to her seat with the doll in her hand, "I'm sure they'll realize they've left you behind and be back soon." She'll settle back down on the bench with her book, and the doll is gently laid on the top of her tote bag. She doesn't realize the doll can hear her, she's just talking to an inanimate object because she's a weirdo.

Melle shifted herself to get more comfortable and to keep a better eye on the stranger. She really did hope Molly would come looking for her again. It felt, sometimes, like Molly understood her.

She sighed and scratched her leg carelessly while she lost herself in thought.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara was pretty well caught up in reading her book, when movement in her tote bag caught her eye. "Er...hello?" She's honestly confused, she'd thought she picked up a doll, but the thing was moving and that suggested it wasn't a toy at all.

She'd lean in a bit, "You...um...do belong to that little girl don't you?" She'd feel really stupid if she'd picked up some sort of sentient life form and stuffed it into her tote. "I could put you back under the bush if you prefer?"

"Err... Well, um." If her little plastic face could move, Melle would be really embarassed. It was really stupid of her to let herself get caught like this, "Well, the body belongs to Molly, but since I'm inside of it, ownership becomes a little more complicated. I would rather not go back in the bushes, since well, it's quite filthy down there, and a bird might try and steal my wig again."
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara didn't seem at all frightened of the doll, "Trapped inside?" She'd reach out, "Here, let me." She'd set Melle on the bench so she could sit and not be stuffed in the tote bag. "I'm Chiara." She'd offer a finger for the doll to shake. She was nothing if not polite.

"You can sit here with me if you'd like. If they don't come back when I'm ready to leave we can try to find them. I'm sure my husband would be able to." She had on two rings on her left ring finger that fit together nicely, one was a gold band with leaves carved into it, and the other was a rose gold band with autumn leaves on it. "What's your name?"

Melle pressed the plastic hand to Chiara's finger, her real digits making better contact with the pad of her finger, "M'names Melle. Um, The best way I have to describe it is that I'm a ghost, and I'm stuck in here." She twists her wrists and looks at her hands, "But I don't know how I got here. Or even where the real me is. I've been Molly's toy for about three months. She's a sweet kid."
Nomti (played by EonRising)

Nomti had been strolling around the park, just enjoying the sun when he spotted a woman speaking to her bag. He wasn't a mean person in the slightest, but he knew that a grown person talking to an inanimate object would make a priceless story. He walked up to her, a look merely of curiosity on his face,"Who are you talking to?"
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara smiled "Melle is a pretty name." She'd think about it, "Well...there might be ways to get you...unstuck if that's what you wanted." It seemed like Melle was attached to her little girl though, "I have to admit, I don't know a whole lot about ghosts, but...maybe you have some unfinished business?" That was always what people first thought of when they thought of ghost trapped in the wrong plane, right?

Chiara would settle back against the bench, she was probably going to go back to reading in a minute, "Don't worry Melle, whatever you decide you want to do, I'll help you." Not like she had much else to do anyway, her life was pretty boring. She was startled then to find a person asking who she was talking to, and she looked up at him, "This doll." As if that made everything perfectly clear. Right.

Melle stayed silent for a moment. She didn't know how many people she could trust, but she also didn't want Chiara to seem insane, "Hi to you too." She turned her head back to the woman, "I know there is unfinished business, but I don't know how to finish it. I don't know where my body is. I don't even know how I died. I know I've been missing for a while. Probably a year now."

Nomti nearly jumped out of his fur when the doll spoke.
"D-did that doll... Just speak? No string and to me?" his fur stood on end and his ears twitched wildly, not sure if his ears were matching his eyes.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara nodded, "Alright. Well, that's something we can work with. Are you sure about your name being Melle?" She could start looking things up online when she got home, for a woman with that name disappearing. "Maybe if we find some more information, it will start to jog your memory I can also see what we can do about getting you reunited with your girl."

She'd look up a Nomti, a bit confused, "Yes. She can talk. She has a name, and she can hear you." She didn't seem put off by the fact that she was speaking to an anthro either, she was used to people like him where she came from.
Neji (played by Rubix)

Neji wasn't your usual beast, not in any respect for the word actually. He looked somewhere between a wolf and a grizzly bear with the proportions of the latter and the generally appearance of the former. His body was solid black though his fur was still thin and bits of scar tissue were apparent. He had the feeling that would never change, but one could hope. Over his face was a melanistic mask in the shape of a bird and white as snow which made those gold eyes of his pop out even more.

Now while all of this was hard enough to comprehend, the fact that he had a bright pink paper bag in his mouth with some sort of bakery logo on it and that he was humming something that might have sounded like, "Cuppy cake, cuppy cake, my cuppy cake, oh so delicious cuppy cake" was probably beyond all mortal comprehension. Well except for maybe...

"CUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE!" And then a mass of black fur was launching right at Chiara's back. Even though he landed before actually tackling her she could probably feel the force of his body against her's in a somewhat unfamiliar form of grace. And his words had been muffled by the fact that he was NOT letting that bag go.

His little half fluffy tail was wagging so hard it made his whole gigantic body move in an awkward unorthodox and almost impossible rhythm, but then again everything about the bolf was now wasn't it? Sorry, if anyone else was there Neji wasn't capable of recognizing that fact at the moment. But if the evidence of powdered sugar and multicolored icing along his face and full length of his body had anything to say about it, well he'd probably just ate a bakery.

Melle's eyes went wide and she scrambled back. Well, that wasn't entirely true. She did scramble back, but her plastic face stayed the same as she let out a little scream.

Inside her prison she shook as she looked at the beast, terror giving her the inability to speak, or act. She lay still, as though that might save her from being eaten.

(I just realized that my drawing manequin character, Christopher, would have been perfect for this)

"Th-that doesn't happen! Dolls don't speak!" Nomti rubbed his temples; this woman clearly had a very strange idea of weird, and the fact that she was talking to a doll wasn't anywhere on that list.
"So, Melle..." he had already inferred by what the woman had said that the doll had been left behind and was about to ask her if she at least knew the house number or street name when he heard someone yell "cupcake" like a battle cry and a massive creature barreled into them. It knocked Nomti flat on the ground and left a streak of icing on his chest. The thing was as big as a bear but looked like a wolf. Being of Anubit heritage, Nomti had seen some weird things, but never a creature of such proportions or appearance. It seemed friendly enough though, tail wagging and his whole body shaking.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara was trying to be serious, but Neji just wasn't having that. She'd recognize that voice anywhere, and when he came barreling over, she couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her. She had to be serious though, and she put on a stern face, "Neji look what you've done. You've knocked this poor guy over, and you've frightened Melle. Come over to this side and sit down, out of the way." She pointed to the opposite side of the bench, "And just where have you been? You've got frosting all stuck in your fur." Which was probably pleasing, because lately he hadn't had much fur to speak of.

Chi would then scoop up Melle, "Look, it's alright, he won't hurt you." She'd set the doll up again, and she'd turn her attention to Nomti, "You were saying?" Yeah, she really wasn't overly phased by the appearance of Neji, she was used to dealing with him.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Ditched in the Park (Open!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus