Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » CSS Question!

I've been practicing CSS more and more these days, despite knowing what the cause and effect it will have its still pretty much Chinese to me.

With that said I'm in a bit of a bind, does anyone know the coding to center the widget Columns itself? I'm clueless!

Would anyone please give this mad old thing a bit of a hand?

Cheers,

Lyss'
I admit I've been out of the loop for a bit, but last I checked, there was no straightforward way of centering a block-level element (the chunk the text sits inside of). Instead, tricks tend to get used. I... was going to explain the trick I'm most familiar with, but instead have realized just how much I've forgotten.

I do remember that it's a trick using the margin, but I don't remember if it's 0 or auto. I also remember that the block being centered has to have a defined width for it to work, and that it only works for horizontal centering.

In case someone doesn't provide a more clear answer soon, I hope that's at least enough for you to play around with or research.
Sanne Moderator

I'm a little confused - what do you mean with widget columns? Do you mean the BBCode columns? Do you mean the text inside? Or the div layer?

If you can show us what template you're working on and which section you want changed in which way, it'll be a lot easier to help you out. :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » CSS Question!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus