Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » All We Know (1x1)

Acacia (played by Ishu) Topic Starter

She locked up the store once he was out and walked with him down to the theater. She didn't respond when he mentioned her ears and signed to him that they did not need subtitles. The theaters in the area didn't offer them even if she did need them, but she didn't divulge the information. When they reached one, a few movie titles were listed at the front. Acacia walked up to the sign and pointed out a few of the titles. There were a few dramas, some romantic comedies, a pure comedy and some horror along with an action film or two. She wasn't one for violence or horror films, leaning toward the drama and comedy but she didn't know what to pick so she looked to him and took a step to the side so he could see it himself and, hopefully, pick something out.
Jettikai (played by Jetticus)

He would sign, "I told you to pick, think of it like a date that is not a date." he would laugh at the ridiculousness of his statement.

He would stand back and demand she pick it. Once she did he would go in and get some food, he was hungry, as well he would get some things for her, popcorn, soda, etc. He would sign, "You realize it could be hard to talk in the movie like this..." he would smile at her.

Acacia decided to go the route of the romantic comedy. The storyline wasn't horrible and she thought a good laugh would be good for the both of them. After they went inside and approached the counter he seemed to have offered to buy her some food. Everything in the theater made her feel green- and not in the good way. She decided to go the route of the nachos as they were the least disturbing. When he mentioned that signing would be difficult, she acted as if she had not seen him try to communicate with her, sipping from the top of a bottle of water.

Their movie was going to start soon and she checked her ticket, waving at him to follow her as she took him down to the correct door and down to the middle of the aisles. She took a seat at the perfect position in the theater, plopping down in her seat, adjusting her things so she was comfortable and holding down a seat for him to sit in.

He would take a place next to her for the movie. He'd had a hotdog which he ate before he even got into the theater. He would make sure that he was comfortable as well, the movie was going to start soon when he would lean over and say to her, "I understand you don't want to talk, that's fine, please don't be offended if I do." he would then take a sip of his pop and lean back in his seat, he didn't quite fit into it... oh well this was common for him. The lights would dim and the movie would start.

Before the movie started, she looked over to him and watched him as the lights dimmed. She never found him using his voice as an offense but when he used sign language, it tended to throw her off. He hadn't seemed to have any trouble communicating but he had kept it up with her. She didn't think he was trying to make fun of her, though the thought did cross her mind in the beginning. He seemed to be an all-around sweet man with muscles that rivaled that of a pack of oxen. She smiled and finally turned to watch the movie...

People in the audience laughed here and there as the jokes and situational comedy came up. She was quiet for the most part, only keeping a smile as she finished off her nachos and sipped on her water. It wasn't until a particular joke came up that she finally made a sound as others laughed at the screen. It sounded like she was choking as her vocal cords stuck together and tore apart so she could breath. It sounded like she was choking or suffocating and her features reddened as if to confirm this. But she looked happy- like she might have been laughing.

Jett would enjoy the movie thoroughly, he would laugh loudly throughout the movie, it was part of his personality to laugh hardy like. He was only doing the sign language to be respectful as with the language she signed in and her mannerisms reminded him of his time in Thailand. He was only speaking during the movie, after the movie ended he would stand up collect his trash and allow her to walk out ahead of him, holding the door for her like a gentleman. He would sign to her, "Would you like me to walk you home?" he was trying to be polite, nothing else. He would also sign, "Don't worry I won't ask to come in." he would laugh.

The lights came on again and she collected her trash, still smiling at some of the jokes she remembered from the movie. After dumping the trash into the proper receptical, she followed Jettikai out and turned to look at him as he signed. She put her hands up and told him, "You don't have to sign to me all the time. I can hear you," She pointed to her ears and then to him and continued signing, "I appreciate the gesture and I would love for you to walk me home."

Acacia pointed down the street and started to lead him to her residence. They were about halfway there, after crossing the street and taking a turn or two, they crossed the street again and passed the book store. They continued down the same street, passing the little store where he bought his first aid kit, an italtian restaurant and a stand that sold hot dogs during the day. Finally, they came to her building. She went inside and led him up a few floors and to her door, which she unlocked and opened. Acacia turned to him and signed, "Thank you for walking me home. I had a great time."

Jett would sign, "I don't mind signing, I'm just a little rusty is all, and some of the time I'm a little slower than others." he would have shown by now that he had the aptitude to sign to her, but he would be slow with some words. He would sign, "I don't mind really, I would like to think it's a sign of respect more to use the sign language, not necessarily for any other reason." he wanted to be respectful.

The walk to her place was very nice, it was a nice night after the rain all day. Once in her building her would sign to her, "No problem I had a good time as well and I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself." he was kind of bummed because it was likely this was the last time he'd see her... "Thank you for going to a movie with me... miss..." he didn't catch her name... "I know you were wearing a tag earlier but I'm always afraid women think I am looking at their breasts." he would laugh.

She smiled up at him, a choking sound coming from her throat as she tried to laugh. She cleared her throat, coughing slightly as she hoped he would not notice the strange sound. She put up her hands and signed, "Acacia, like the trees that giraffes graze on." It was the only connection she had to her family and she found herself lucky to be able to keep her birth name, or what she thought was her birth name. She continued signing, "Before you leave, would you like some water? It is a good walk back to your hotel and the movie was expensive." Her skin darkened to a deep red. She didn't like talking about money and found herself embarrassed for bringing up how expensive the night had been. She staggered with her hands, hoping to change the subject or keep him from noticing, "I-I only have Suidō mizu, sui-sui- tap water." It seemed even hands could stutter as hers did as she tried to keep her signing in english.

He would sign, "If you'd like me to come in for some water I will." he would smile at her, her brighten reaction was comical to him. "You have a very pretty name, Acacia." he liked her name it was the most original he'd heard in a while. There was some disconnect because of her stutter, it was hard to understand but he thought she said tap water.

Her hands moved down to her sides and she gave a nod, holding the door open for him to come in. Once he came in, she shut the door and hung her poncho on a hook on the inside of the door and put her bag on a counter in the kitchen. Her little home was quaint, the bedroom combined with the living room and dining area. There was a bed near the window with a plant at the head on the window sill and an old sofa chair set toward the middle infront of an old tv placed on an end table. It looked pretty eclectic- like items had been collected over time or pulled off of the street. She didn't have a lot of money, or maybe she didn't want a lot of money. Either way, it was obvious that loads of money was not a common factor in her life.

Acacia took a glass from a cupboard and filled it with water from the sink. She came out and held it out to him before pointing to the sofa chair that he could sit on. She went back into the kitchen for a glass of water and came back, sitting down on her bed and sipping at the contents in the glass.

Jetticus would make his way inside her small apartment, it only felt extra small to him because of his size. He would accept the water and sign, "Thank you for the water." and take a place on the sofa chair. He sat down slow so he didn't break the furniture, though he could hear it creek when he was finally seated. He watched her sit on the bed. "Nice place you have here, close to work and it seems like it's about the right size for you." he would sign to her. He liked the idea of a simple space, she definitely had one.

She smiled over at him and signed, "Thank you," before drinking about half of the water and then turned, pouring the rest into the the planter holding the large-leafed plant. She set the glass down beside it and turned back to Jettikai, signing to him, "You know, you never told me your name." She found it sort of odd that he knew hers but not the other way around. Maybe he just forgot.

Jett laughed deeply, "J-E-T-T-I-K-A-I" he would sign, "but just call me Jett." He would finish his water and see her pour her water into a plant, "What kind of plant is that?" he'd sign to her. He may have seen it before, but he was never terribly good with plants.

Acacia glanced over at the plant and then back to Jettikai, lifting her hands and signing to him, "Epipremnum aureum; a pothos plant. My boss gave it to me as a house warming gift." She looked over at it again and touched the leaves, stroking her thumb over the broad, green, heart-shaped arm. With her free hand, she signed to him, "Do you have any plants? Or pets?"

He would sign from here on out unless specifically deciding otherwise.

"That's a very nice plant." he would watcher her hands, "I do not, at least not anymore.", he remembered a time in his life where he'd had a couple chickens on the farm he grew up on, they were the closest things to pets... or friends. Jett was polite and took his glass to the kitchen and extended his hand for hers so she wouldn't have to get up. He began to think that unless she wanted him to stay longer he would go ahead and leave soon.

She watched him move around the apartment, putting his glass away and sort of standing in the kitchen. She stood up and walked over to him, carefully signing a question, "Where do you live?" She had a feeling he didn't even live in the city, or at least not close by inside of it. After all, he did rent out a room at a hotel. He couldn't have gone just to clean up and go home later, could he?

"I don't really live anywhere, it's kind of hard to explain.", he didn't typically tell people that, he usually told people he lived in Buffalo, which was the one city he'd never been to... "I'm in town for a little bit, working on a few things." he was getting a bit nervous, but he wouldn't show it... something his training had taught him, he smiled at the thought of using his training in this situation. "May I ask why you ask?"

She seemed to be thinking about a reason as to why she would ask and after a grueling minute or two, she simply shrugged and signed to him, "Curious." Her hands lay down at her sides and she wandered out of the kitchen, to the bathroom and shut the door. Soon after, a flushing sound could be heard through the door, followed by the sound of running water as she washed her hands.

Jett would think for a moment, `Don't get this involved in your crap man, she is a sweet one and she deserves to stay innocent... just leave.` He would look over to the door and consider it... he had a few moments... she would never see him again if he left now... but he wouldn't...

He would stand there quietly until she came out. What would he do now...?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » All We Know (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus