Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » All We Know (1x1)

Jettikai (played by Jetticus)

"Okay I'll see you in a bit, I'll bring back lunch." he would sign as he exited the store.

He would walk down the street following a few signs, he'd find an electronics store sign with a big window in the front with a MONSTER flat HDTV that came with a subscription for cable. That's what his surprise was, he was going to buy her a big tv, cable, and a stereo system. He walked into the store and walked over to the man at the counter, "How much for the TV in the Window, the subscription and your best surround sound?" he would ask in anticipation...

"Well after all that it's about three thousand five hundred, with tax."

Jett didn't even hesitate, "I'll take it and a copy of every movie you have on blue-ray."

Jett would have the man deliver the equipment to her house at 9pm, a late delivery, but he could hook it up on his own. The man agreed to the terms. Jett left the store making the man VERY happy with a great commission for the sale he'd just completed without doing anything, all the paperwork and selection took about forty-five minutes. He saw a pizza shop, "That should work for lunch." he would make his way into the store and order... well a little bit of everything, he didn't know what she liked. He paid for the pizza and made his way back to the bookstore, he could see it now.
Acacia (played by Ishu) Topic Starter

He was gone for about an hour, leaving her alone. No one came into the store and, after about fifteen minutes, she went into the back room. The door was left open and she could see out of it and at the front door. She was on an old computer. The connection wasn't the best and the computer looked to be from the 90s but it worked and it worked well. With her notes in hand, she started up a test. She'd completely forgotten to do it the night before at her new friend, Jettikai, had suddenly come into her life.

This thought made her smile, the mouse clicking on the proper answers for the test and continuing on to the next page. After another twenty minutes, clicking away, she came to the essay and filled it out. With her test complete, she submitted it and shut the computer down, taking her notes, shutting the door, and plopping down behind the counter.

Jett would walk into the book store holding five pizzas... each half one thing and half another. Supreme/Pepperoni, Veggie/Garlic Chicken, Cheese/Ham & Pineapple, Meat Combo/BBQ, and of course Spicy Tabasco/Jalapeno Sausage... The last was his favorite. He would set down the pizza on her counter, "I hope you like pizza, a lot." he'd sign to her with a big smile on his face. "What is your favorite?"

The scent of greased bread layered with cheese and meats filled the air like a growing yeast. She looked up to see a rather large stack of pizzas on the counter and looked from it to him, then back. She wasn't sure how to respond to this and fell back on her knowledge of food through movies. She lifted her hands and signed, "Cheese... or veggie, if it's in there... somewhere." She smiled, nervously, and lay her hands down on the counter.

"There is Supreme half Pepperoni, Veggie half Garlic Chicken, Cheese half Ham & Pineapple, Meat Combo half BBQ, and of course Spicy Tabasco half Jalapeno Sausage!" he'd sign as best he could and then show her the list of pizzas after removing the price side of the receipt. He'd make her a plate of Veggie and Cheese, two small pieces in total. "Is that okay?" he'd sign to her before deciding to get his own.

Acacia nodded along and glanced over the list of food. She felt a bit queasy and took the plate he offered her, signing "thank you" and setting the plate down in her lap. With a napkin from one of the boxes, she picked up the cheese slice by the crust and nibbled on it. She took her time eating, eventually moving on to the veggie slice and cooing as she crunched on the vegetables.

Jett would make a plate, a very large one, "Do you like it?" he was anxious that he'd gotten something she didn't like...

"I like pizza personally.", he was excited for their date... then realized something, "What time do you close today?" he was worried they wouldn't make it to Chinatown and back to her place in time...

She showed him a smile as she plopped part of an olive into her mouth and nodded before taking another bite of the pizza. With one hand, she signed to him, "I usually close the store around seven or eight o'clock. Sometimes I stay late to work on my classes but I did some of that while you were gone so we can leave at a normal time." Acacia stared at him with her large blue eyes and asked while swallowing her pizza, "Do you have somewhere you need to go?" She was teasing him and it was obvious by her expression.

"Let's try to be headed out the door by seven, if that's okay? Of course if it gets busy I'll understand." he would laugh at her question. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't... you'll never know." he'd sign to her and then return to eating. After he finished eating he would take clean his face with a napkin and put his hand out to throw away her plate, assuming she'd finished by then. "Do you want me to sit with the pizza in the reading area or would you like to take it into the back?" he would sign to her before accessing his book.

Acacia wiped her mouth clean and put her napkin on the plate, then handed the plate to him to throw away. She signed to him, "I'll put them in the back," and, without giving him time to stop her, she hopped up and grabbed the boxes. After putting them into a pile ontop of each other, she carried them into the backroom. There was a small fridge in the back and she managed to fit the boxes in on the short shelves, separating them into smaller stacks so they could fit.

"Did you enjoy your lunch?" he'd sign to her with a smile. "I'm going to sit over here in a read until we're ready to go."

He would walk over to the chair he could see her from and begin reading the book, he would likely finish it in a few hours.

She signed back to him, "It was good, thank you," then opened up a book to read for one of her classes. She didn't converse with him much throughout the rest of the day as she tried to focus on her work and not get too terribly distracted. It helped that he had something to read himself and, before they knew it, the sun started to set. The sky looked to have orange hues painted across it's face.

Acacia looked out the window and watched as the oils seeped into each other, reds faintly accenting the oranges as the yellows began to vanish. She closed her books and stuffed them into her bag and walked down the aisles to Jett. With her hands up, she asked him, "What do you want to do with the pizzas?"

"Well if you'll eat them we can leave them here so you can have lunch for a few days? Or we can take them to your house? Or we can donate them to a homeless shelter?" he would sign to her.

He would get up and pack in his book, which he'd finished, he would put it properly on the bookshelf. "Someone else could read this book to enjoy it, if they come across it just give it to them." he would smile. "Ready to go to Chinatown?" it was about ten after seven.

Acacia signed to him after giving him a thumbs up, "We should take it to the shelter. I'm sure they would appreciate it." She didn't include 'even if it isnt warm'. There were probably some microwaves or stoves there. After they grabbed the pizzas, she slid her boxes onto his boxes (oh, dirty! LOL) and took out the keys for the shop. She locked up and pointed up the street as she walked so he knew which direction they were going in.

It took them about half an hour to get to the shelter and a good five minutes to unload the food. The workers thanked them and tried to get them to stick around for some decent conversation, but they were able to escape before the clock could tell them it was almost 8'clock.

It took another good 20 minutes and a short cut to get to China Town. Even though it was dark, the area was still bustling with last minute shoppers and different types of asians yelling at each other from across the street. She took a turn into a ramen shop, avoiding the people telling as she went through, and approached one of the waiters by tapping him on the shoulder.

The man turned and saw her, beaming before he exclaimed in Chinese and hugged her. He was fast, moving as quickly as the job required. He talked about how busy his day had been and how the Vietnamese across the street were complaining about their business being stolen. He blew it off and kept talking, yelling now, as he moved into the kitchen and returned with a bag filled with boxes.

He slid it over to her and, as she went through her pockets for money, he lightly slapped her hands and shoved the bag into her arms. He said something about it being late so the vegetables were not at their best and he would not charge hr for shoddy goods. He kept talking, not giving her a chance to try to fight him on it. The man turned away from her to cook ramen, no longer speaking. She bowed to show her thanks, even though he did not look at her, and then she bustled out of the shop with a bag with some little food boxes piling up on her arms.

Jett took the items from her and insisted that he carry everything, he realized it was closing in on nine... he would then make a slightly rash move, he would pick her up and the food as well and begin running, he would gain speed quickly moving faster than it might be considered possible for a person, but it probably didn't feel like it, with him being so big he likely felt slower. Jett would dash in and out of alleys having memorized the path they took from the book store, he would dash past the store before it was a quarter to nine. Jett would continue down the path as fast as he could, they would reach he apartment in few minutes, stopping he would set her down gently, "Hurry I don't want to spoil your surprise!" he would sign as fast as he could to her, he would continue to hold the groceries and she got the door open he would shut the door behind him. It was likely that she was wondering what the hurry was about, not to mention the speeding he did, but she would find out soon, in just a few minutes a knock would come at the door... "Would you like me to get that?" he would sign to her with a smirk.

IT all happened so quickly. After he'd taken the box of foods from her, he'd picked her up like a small animal and dashed off with her in his hold. She'd shut her eyes, wrapping her arms around him. Her cheeks puffed up as he rushed ahead and her stomach churned. It was like riding a roller coaster after engorging oneself on food and sodas or alcohol. Luckily, it didn't last long. She wobbled after her feet touched the ground and she took out her keys, opening the door and stumbling in with him behind her.

Acacia took the bag of food and went into the kitchen with it. She reached her arm out and signed to him, asking him to get the door before pulling out a pan and heating it on the stove. She rummaged through the boxes as he opened the door and took the delivery, completely unaware of what was going on outside of the kitchen. Instead, she was trying to think of what she could make. He'd rushed her home before she could finish the shopping so she was left with an assortment of vegetables and some dried up noodles.

She checked the inside of the fridge and found a little box with a white slab of... something drowning in liquid. She took it out and gave it a little sniff. IT was still good and maybe only a few days old. She hoped he would like it.

Jett would accept the delivery, he also decided he would have the gentlemen leave their tools, he'd forgotten to buy some of his own, he gave them a fair tip... more than enough to pay for the tools. He would begin to think about the location of things, three large boxes now filled her living room, along with about three smaller ones.

Jett would wait for her to turn to him. He was excited to show her the things he'd gotten, the cable was all hooked up, they just had to flip the switch from the outside of the building, he'd purchased her subscription for about five years. "Ta Da!" he'd say as she looked at him... He had a great big smile with his arms out, to show his gifts.

She set down the little box on the counter by the vegetables and pulled out her box she was going to eat lunch from then turned and headed out of the kitchen to see him standing there, arms wide open with what looked like thousands of dollars of electronics pressing up against her open wall. Her eyes widened and she dropped the box. The lid slid off and a few grapes rolled around with a piece of broccoli laying on the floor next to it.

Her hands went up to her face and she didn't know how to react, her palms touching onto her cheeks as she tried to process this, finally looking to his face. He looked happy, excited. This must be how she was supposed to react to such a frivolous gift despite the boiling churns in her stomach. Acacia smiled and walked over to him, hugging him as her thanks.

Jett didn't get the reaction he'd hoped for... "Do you not like it?" he'd sign to her, "I was just trying to do something nice for you, I can take it back if you want me to?", he signed feeling he'd upset her almost, but she wouldn't come out and say it.

Jett was deflated to say the least... he did this merely to give her something more to do, he didn't do it to impress her, he didn't even do it because he wanted something to do... he did it because she was the only friend he'd had in a long time... "I'm sorry.", he'd sign.

Acacia shook her head. She could see and feel him getting worked up as he signed along to her and she finally grabbed his hands. The girl looked up at him with her large, blue eyes and smiled. She lifted one hand, stilling holding his with her other, and signed to him slowly as she moved her lips. "The gesture is beautiful. Thank you." The girl leaned up, pushing herself up with her toes, and gave his cheek a little peck.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » All We Know (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus