Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » All We Know (1x1)

Jettikai (played by Jetticus)

Jett would see the woman pass... he didn't give her much thought though... what was he supposed to do about Acacia... he could leave and never see her again... or could he?

Jett would flash to the top of the building... ten stories up, it wasn't seen or heard, he was just gone. He would roll out his bedroll and lay down. "I'll figure this out in the morning."
Acacia (played by Ishu) Topic Starter

Morning came, the light shining into the window of her studio apartment. She stretched against he mattress and looked up, seeing the world upside down and staring out the window. She smiled and sat up, immediately going to the kitchen to get her morning glass of water. She sipped down half of it and poured the rest into her plant, giving one of the leaves a gentle peck before showering and getting dressed for the day. She wore the same pair of shorts and shoes but with a white halter styled tank top. She grabbed her bag of books and stuffed a little box filled with her lunch into it and headed out the door, hurrying down the stairs and stepping out onto the sidewalk. Acacia started down the street toward the book store, a little smile on her face as she, in a way, sort of expected, or hoped, that she would see Jett at the store again that day.
Evelyn Sideris (played by Ishu) Topic Starter

She was sitting inside the italian restaurant that sat a good ways between Acacia's apartment and the bookstore. She didn't seem to take notice of the albino looking girl walking up the street as she flipped through a newspaper. The comic section wasn't particularly good that day, but the grey papers were a good way to hide her from the chest up if anyone decided to look at her.

Jett would awaken early in the morning for a bit and think to himself... "Where can I go? I am tired of running!", this is a man who'd been running for far too many years... he liked a woman and he was going to make it happen he'd protect her too. Jett would roll his bedroll back up and flash back to the alley, once again unseen. He would walk down to the bookstore... hoping to find her.

Acacia stopped outside the bookstore and took out the keys to open up. It was later than usual but she was certain the owner wouldn't mind. She moved inside and flipped the sign on the door to say "OPEN" so others could come in and look around as she pushed her bag under the counter and plopped down in the seat. She rocked in it, gently, still excited from the wonderful outing she'd had the night before...

The edge of her newspaper curled and she peeked around it to catch a glimpse of the embarrassingly large man walking down the street. He still looked upset? What could that be about? It was her mission to find out but she wasn't going to leave until she finished her shoddy breakfast filled with italian cheeses and grease she didn't even want to know the origin of.

Jett would walk into the Bookstore as soon as she opened, he would sign to her as soon as he could get her attention, "Good morning." he would walk into the bookstore and turn and flip the OPEN sign so that it said CLOSED. "I need to talk to you." he would sign for the remainder of their conversation. "I'm not good at talking, in fact for knowing as many languages that I do, I'm damn near terrible at it." he would do his best to sign in a manner that she would understand. "I know that it's strange, but I like you, you're fun, different, and content without me... that's what I want...", he would look at her again connecting with her eyes... "Would you please go on another date with me tonight?" he would smile at her.

She started to point at the sign to have him flip if back to OPEN but stopped when he started signing to her, her eyes transfixed on his hands as she tried to understand the emotional jumble that were his fingers. Her eyes trailed up to his as he slowed and she kept contact with his sight, though she could still see his hands. He asked her out on another date and there was a silence between them, as if she were trying to process what he'd just asked. The girl smile and jumped up, wrapping her thin arms around his neck and hanging from him like a child trying to give a tree a hug.

The mystery woman threw down some cash and picked up her pita wrap then hurried out of the store. She nommed on the sandwich with one hand and kept the paper up on the side so the stores beside her couldn't see her. She was fast enough to catch him go into a bookstore and receded to a normal pace, stuffing the food into her mouth quickly as she slowly walked past the store. She only had to look over once to see a girl, probably a few years younger than herself, beam and jump at him, then catch him in a hug. Cha-ching.

Jett would smile deeply, he would hold her up so she could hang easier, accidentally placing his hand on her behind, but quickly moving it after he'd realized it's position. "Sorry!" he'd say as he turned and flipped the sign, "Would you be upset if I stayed here and read the rest of my book today?" He would give her a kiss on the hand... just because he wanted to...

Acacia smiled at him, her cheeks burning a bright pink as she squeezed his hand after he gave her the sweet little peck. She lifted her other and signed to him, "Please, stay as long as you want." She gave his arm a quick hug, as she could fit it against her frame without much trouble, then let go of him and moved behind the counter. With one hand in the air, she signed to him, "I brought some extra food so, if you get hungry, we can share." She took out a book for her to study from and set the box of food down on the flat counter but kept it shut.

That kiss was the icing on the cake. That girl was way too excited to be a daughter, and even if she was the trip would still be worth it. She spit out the food from her mouth into the newspaper and wrapped it all up before chucking it into the trashcan toward the end of the road before crossing the street. A car honked at her for walking when she shouldn't and hurried past her once she was far enough across. She disappeared down the rest of the street...

"Well I was thinking I would go pick something up for us, do you have a favorite place to eat?" he would sign to her, "I don't want to eat you out of house and home..." he would get his book out, but move the chair so that he could see her if necessary. While setting up his chair he would get a view out the window of a woman looking away from the building... it was strange... but familiar... he would sit down and begin reading.

She leaned slightly to one side so she could see him and answered with some sign language, "It depends. What kind of food do you like?" She was open to most styles of foods ut because of her particular eating habits, dining at restaurant-like locations could become difficult depending on the establishment.

"Well if you can think of your favorite food, I'll go pick it up and bring it back here." he would sign to her with a big smile on his face. "We can save a restaurant for tonight, or I can cook for you if you prefer?"

Acacia was surprised at his final suggestion. She signed to him from across the store, "You can cook?" She smiled and continued signing, "I know what our next date can be." She leaned closer onto the counter so he could see her hand better as she signed on, "We can go to China Town and the Farmer's Market to pick up some food. We can go to my apartment and cook for each other. It could be a lot of fun!"

"That would be awesome!", what would he cook her, "What will you cook me?", he had some favorites, but at the same time he hadn't cooked in a long time. "What should we do for entertainment?" he would think for a moment then come up with a good idea... "I've got it! But it's a surprise!"

She tried to laugh because he was so excited. She had some trouble signing to him but managed, "What part is a surprise? Should I even answer your questions?"

"It's a surprise I'm not going to answer you on what it is though!" he'd sign in excitement as he closed his book. "I'm going to go run a few errands, I'll be back in about an hour." he would sign to her with a smile on his face. "Do you want me to get anything while I'm out?"

She shook her head no and signed to him, "I'm going to go to China Town after work. If you still have that map, the farmers market is on N. Bank St." Acacia lay her hand down and flipped the page of her book, grinning wide like a little girl as she tried to focus on her notes.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » All We Know (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus