Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Out for Blood

(Modern Fantasy--so posting here in General Forums)

He was one with the shadows. Creeping from doorway to doorway. Alley to alley. Shadowy sidewalk to shadowy sidewalk. Any stray beam of headlights and he stopped, letting his dark grey trench coat absorb the light before he dared move again. He trailed an innocent victim; a young person who had the ill luck of gaining Kai's attention. Not least because she stumbled when she walked; nor the fact that she tried to keep to the sporadic lighting of the neighborhood.

So when she stopped and contemplated her next route where the next two street lights were out, he knew his chance had come. She looked around, warily, before stepping into the void. And that was when he pounced; hands over her mouth, dragging her to the ground, as he wrenched her head to the side and exposed her neck. A moment later, he buried his fangs into her neck, drinking his fill of her blood.

He felt the rush of bloodlust swell up in him, blacking out everything else around his immediate surroundings.
Dexter Byrnes (played by Rubix)

Dexter shifted in the driver's seat of the pristine 1971 Dodge Challenger the brothers inhabited and hunted in. They'd gotten reports on vampire attacks in the area, and by they he really meant Sebby. Dex wasn't one to find leads, he was told where to go and who to shoot and that was good enough for him.

He'd been driving for a while though and was ready to bed down for the night, but there was work to be done and as they eased into this new town he leaned a bit to slap Sebby's arm with the back of his hand.

"Wake up Sebastian." His tone was gruff as usual and straight to the point, but then again Sebby could probably tell he was exhausted. Dex shifted again and turned the radio up, rich hard rock screamed out of the speakers as music to his ears.
Sebastian (played by Loki)

Seb had his seat pushed all the way back to accommodate his very long legs and he was snoring softly against the window when he was poked, and then had some rock music blasted into his ears. He awoke with a start and glared at Dex, turning the music down. "Do you gotta wake me up that way every time? You would have thought it ceased being funny twenty times ago." He was a bit grumpy too, he hated very long car trips. Of course, if he hated that, it probably meant he was in the wrong line of work.

"We here?" He's looking around, "Let's find a motel and set up. I can find out where the last victims were taken and we can hit up that morgue in the morning." Just because the reports said vampire, didn't mean it actually was one. Seb liked to be very sure before they actually went after anything.
Valsig twitched as he moved through the streets, his eyes constantly shifting from person to person. He stopped at a homeless guy and gave him ten dollars, seeming to not care about it and muttering something that the old bum seemed to agree with. Anyone who heard it would hear "We must help, none benefit from dead people. We don't want the demons getting all!" He'd then set popcorn kernels in the man's lap before walking off.
Kai Zarre (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

The woman's life faded and entered his veins. He dropped the carcass to the ground and paused to collect himself. The bloodlust faded slowly and he licked his lips. She had been surprisingly healthy and full of vigor. Too bad she hadn't thought of taking a taxi home.

Feeling a little more in control of himself and confident, he headed for the busier parts of town. He kept an ear out for sirens--but the local authorities wouldn't notice the body until someone called it in. If they called it in. And Kai remembered belatedly that he really should stop biting people in the neck--it was much to easily discovered by the news and media these days.

So without a care in the world, he headed for the town center, not caring if anyone might see him.

Dexter snorted at him, "Best alarm clock in the world." And leaned forward to turn the music up again, "No touchy." Dex shifted and tried to get more comfortable but there was only so much you could do when it felt like your rear was conforming to the shape of the car.

"Yeah we're here, otherwise I woulda let ya sleep Sleeping Beauty." He smirked and kept driving for a few before spotting a po-dunk motel, it looked like it has been built in the age of shag carpets and neon signs, which in fact it had. Cruising into the lot and letting the car idle for a moment he finally stretched his back and sighed.

"I'll be right back, grab the gear and we'll see what we're dealing with...just as soon as I can move again..." And thus started the slow process of crawling out of the seat and standing, he'd driven straight through since Sebby had fallen asleep and while he wasn't complaining he also wasn't as young as he used to be. After getting everything in it's proper order he pushed himself up and headed inside to secure a room.

Classic rock was so not Sebastian's thing, and when it was turned back up he cringed. Lucky for him they were pulling into the motel and he was climbing out of the car and stretching his long legs. "Ugh...I feel like I was sitting in that car for twenty years." He's already leaning back over to grab some bags out of the back seat, while Dexter goes to get them a room. He'll just linger near the car, looking like an out of place giant. Hopefully Dex would be back soon!
Val began running, heading right for the populated center. The Malk's eyes moving from person to person as he looked for a good meal. He didn't like to feed from tthe homeless as he found it was hard enough on them. His eyes closed as he begann rocking against a wall, his mind screaming at him for some reason or another. He slid down the wall and began muttering to himself.

It was always sudden, fast movement that caught Kai's attention. It had been ingrained in him during the six years he had been a vampire hunter--before he'd been turned--that taught him to look for it; as often it was a sign of a vampire attack.

So when he saw someone, a tall man, break out into a run, he swiveled and kept an eye on him. Which was why when the man began to lean against a wall, he found himself inexplicably drawn to him.

A hapless victim in the making? Or maybe something else? Kai wasn't sure, but he watched and then approached warily; the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end when he drew near. "Is there something wrong, sir?"

Dexter was inside for a few moments before coming out and spotting the big moose, Dex was wearing his best cat ate the canary grin and he waggled his eyebrows as he called out to his brother. "Come on princess, they gave us the honeymoon suite."

Poor Sebby, Dex was a bit of a clown but he wasn't that bad. "Only room with a mini bar, need a hand?" He made his way over to the car and offered a key up to his brother.

"You know I hate it when you call me that." He'd narrow his eyes on Dexter, "You know your love for alcohol is giving the desk clerk the wrong idea?" He was pretty okay with most things, but something about someone mistaking his brother for his boyfriend gave him the creeps, "You're so not even my type!"

He had a good hold of all of his stuff, "Just lead the way bro, I'm ready to take a shower. You know how I hate long car trips."
Val drew knives "Leave us alone!" His eyes filled with madness as he twitched. He'd dart off and climb up a fire escape, not bothering to sheathe the blades as he kept them in hand. Kai would be able to notice that Val was only a little faster than a normal man at that time.

Kai blinked at the blades and the speed at which the man moved. It took him a moment to realize that this man wasn't likely human; he moved too fast.

Kai hesitated. Should he follow or let him go? The man was armed and he didn't seem all there. He was hardly a target to pursue in terms of feeding.

"Alright, alright; take it easy," he muttered and turned to head back to a slightly more populated area. He ambled down the road, keeping one eye peeled in case the stranger decided to follow or launch a surprise attack. Kai ignored the fact that he was passing in front of an obnoxiously decorated hotel that was obviously meant to relive the past...even as he kept an eye peeled for a potential target to feed on.

Dexter snorted, "I know, makes me all tingly to know I'm getting under your skin. Princess." He snickered and shrugged at the suggestion, "Please, like they aren't going to get that impression already. Everyplace we go thinks we're two closet queens. You just gotta live with it bro."

He had to laugh and almost doubled over at Sebby, "Oh come on, you know I'm the hot one and you're the puppy dog one." He snorted and lead the way with flair that usually he reserved for binge drinking. "Oh but I do love to hear you complain little bro, it's music to my ears." He was grinning though, not being too much of a jerk.

Sebby would swing his backpack that was stuffed with clothes at Dex's head, "Ugh. You're so gross." He'd sling the bag back over his shoulder and he's just following Dex because he knows where the room is. "Puppy dog one? I don't think so, you're just in denial."

"Let's just get to the room." He was tired, he wanted to shower and get this hunt over with. Vampires had never been his favorite, they were always hard to take down. He was actually hoping that once they visited the morgue it would prove that it wasn't a vampire after all and they could move on.
Val climbed back down and began following Kai, watching him a bit as he moved. The malkavian's knives were sheathed and he was walking somewhat normally, a feat he was working to keep going. Val's eyes looked around and he hid the light twitches that he had by putting his hands in his pocket.

There was one good thing about a hotel being located in the seedy part of town: potential victims prowled the streets.

Kai took his time to select one older fellow who was waiting at a bus stop. The man didn't have so much as a cane and Kai didn't expect a fight. He ambled over to the older man and nodded at him.

The man looked over at him clearly surprised, but nodded back. "Did you miss the bus?" Kai asked.

"I don't think so-" the man replied warily, turning to glance at the bus schedule. As soon as his back was turned, Kai attacked--burying his fangs into the older gentleman's neck.

Dexter snickered at Sebby and kept on walking, "I am so not in denial. Now come on you big ole moose, let's set up and get some work done." He'd be getting serious soon enough, but the first thing on his mind was something refreshing to drink and no that didn't mean Sprite either.

He'll move down the line until they came to their door, then quickly opened it and backed out of the way for Sebastian to move in. "Tell you what Princess, you get cleaned up and relax and I'll get the electronic-y stuff together. Might even do some book hitting or something." That...didn't sound so great now did it Sebby? But Dex wasn't that bad at research, he was just a little special.

Sebby snorted at his brother, "Quit calling me a moose." He's heading into the room and he'll drop his things on the bed, "Yeah sure, try not to break my computer." Then he's heading into the bathroom to get himself cleaned up. Hopefully Dex can come up with something while he's in there, otherwise Seb might be annoyed!
Val tilts his head, the malk's mad laugh heard as he watched Kai feed "We mustn't do that in plain sight, they watch us and wait, always watching our movements." It was hard to tell if he even knew what he was talking about but he at least had a point "We don't want the other being seen."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Out for Blood

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus