Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » hello everyone

I am crissy and I love to rp I have a huge imagination and that's where my characters come from my first character I have on here is Victoria she is a halfling (half human half demon) she has just found out her father the priest was killed over seas by a bomber and is currently running from the police because she doesn't want to end up in the orphanage so that's where im at with her and if anyone can help with the whole picture thing please feel free to help I'm new here
Sanne Moderator

Hi Crissy!! Welcome to RPR. :) It's good to have you here~

What picture thing do you mean though? Do you need to find pictures you can use for your characters, or are you unsure how to add them to your characters' profiles?

I'd like to ask you if you could try to incorporate some commas and periods in your sentences. It becomes difficult to read because it's a long run-on sentence. If your sentence has ended, throw in a period. If you have longer sentences it helps to throw in a comma. :) It will help us all understand you better! (Feel free to read our forum rules if you're unsure: http://www.rprepository.com/help/forum-rules#42 )
crissy-bear Topic Starter

Um I'm talking about both. I can't figure it out and I tried all day yesterday so help please? And thanks for the warm welcome
Kim Site Admin

Hi Crissy bear! It sounds like your character is in a high action drama at the moment. :D

Can you tell us what you've tried to do so far when adding pictures? That way we won't be suggesting things you've already tried. :)

Well I've tried clicking on the question mark because I don't see any other options but that's all I've tried. Yes she is my chars always have something going on so when I'm rping I'm never bored lol
Kim Site Admin

Clicking on what question mark?

Are you trying to give your character an icon? You need to go to editing her and then click on the icon. :)

That's what I did but it didn't give me any icons I'm wondering if its because I am on my cell and not pc...
Ilmarinen Moderator

It should give you a prompt where you can choose a file to upload. There are no premade icons to pick from; you have to upload your own. :) It's probably easier to do on a computer!

It doesn't give me anything it will say something about automatically resizeing it but it never let's me choose one idk what the prob is ill try it at the library next time I'm there :)
Hello, Crissy dear~ Though I am certain that the others can assist you with your picture problems, I could supply a step-by-step process of how to acquire a picture for your character(s) icon~

But first, I will hope you enjoy your time with or without a picture icon. Sometimes it is a lot of work to find a suiting picture for certain characters~

I already have pictures for my chars I just have to get them up...
Yes, I know. If you would like assistance, I will gladly help you~

Or, if I cannot, then the problem lies elsewhere~

Yes please
Step 0. For easier access to THE PLAN OF PICTURES (these steps), copy and paste them into a word document of some kind. Note pad will also work~

Step 1. Under the RP repository banner (Which is/should be located on the top of the screen), click on Dashboard. Ignore the pop up menu, as you will only need to navigate to the Dashboard.

Step 2. There is a section that will have your characters listed. There should be a small pencil mark next to each character's name. Click the pencil mark next to the character's name that you wish to edit (and put up a picture for them).

Step 3. Underneath where it says, "Manage [character name here]", there will be a figure wearing sunglasses and [character name here's] profile. Click on that.

Step 4. Seeming as how your character will not have a picture, there will be a question mark in a box. Click the box.

Step 5. Make sure you know your character's picture's location. I keep mine in a specific folder named Character Pictures, but that is just me~ After clicking on the question mark, another menu will pop up.
It will say that the site will resize the image, but the image must be under 100kb to be resized.

Step 6. Click on Choose File and locate the picture you wish to upload.

Step 7. Click on Upload Icon.

Step 8. If you are successful, I congratulate you. If you are not, then your picture may be too big. Though it may say it can be under 100kb, it is best not to trust everything you read~

Step 9. If the image is not loaded, there is a good chance that it is too big. Open paint and open the picture you wish to shrink. There is a multitude of ways to open your picture, and I simply copy the picture and click on Paste~

Step 10. If your Paint is like my Paint, then there should be a Resize right next to the Select Box, both of which are easily seen to the right of Paste. A menu will appear and say Resize and Skew. The 100's in the Horizontal and Vertical bar can be changed to anything less than 100. If you wish to shrink your picture in half, you may change one of the 100's to 50, and they should both change. If they do not, simply put 50 in for both of them~ Click on Ok.

Step 11. Once the picture has been shrunk, click on the darker blue icon above Paste. The main menu will drop down and you should click on Save As. Save the new and hopefully smaller picture as the same title as your original picture, but put the word "small" after it. Save it in the same folder or location as your original picture.

Step 12. Back track to Step 6 and upload the smaller picture. If it still does not work, back track to Step 9, open the smaller picture with Paint, and make it smaller again~ Save the picture. Eventually, the picture will become small enough to be accepted by the resizing machine~

Thanks for the help but im on phone and not computer and its not working so it doesn't really matter Im not here to rp anyway I'm just storing my chars so I'm not worried about it thanks for all the help
You are welcome~

You are on: Forums » Introductions » hello everyone

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus