Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » a Warrior's heart

Ryder (played by StillDoll) Topic Starter

"I can't help it. I'm used to defending myself," Ryder muttered.
Wincing every now and then, she looked around warily. Ready to defend herself if needed.

She could feel the prescence of Hellguard getting closer. They would be safe there from any attack
Jake (played by wolfkill11)

Jake nodded his head and grabbed a knife. He threw it at a guy in a tree. He then got an arrow on a bow and when it shot it expoleded

Even if she wouldn't admit it, Ryder was impressed. Using her uninjured arm, the blade slid from her skin and she killed or severely injured anyone who got near to Black Knight.
"Hellguard is only a few miles from here. We should pass under the barriar." a pause. "Now!" she said and looked back.
All arrows bounced off some invisible force and people who were chasing them, bounced off as well.

Black Knight went under the barrier and cantered into the place.

Jake grabbed her and jumped of Black Knight

"I can get off the horse on my own," mutter Ryder.
Really she was thankful for the help, but she wouldn't admit it.
"Come on. My dad is the king here. He needs to meet you," Ryder said quickly.
Taking Jake's arm, she walked quickly into the large castle. The guards blocked their way but as soon as they saw Ryder, they dropped to their knees.
"Get up. I don't want you bowing to me," growled Ryder as they passed.

Black Knight snorted at the girl and snapped " maybe show some apprecation! " He said before walked next to Jake

Jake followed her

Ryder ignored the horse. She wasn't in the position to waste time arguing right now. Letting go of Jake's arm, she scowled.
"Fine you two can find your own way then," she snapped mainly at the horse.

Disappearing, she reappeared in her fathers throne room.
"Father. Demons are going to attack soon. I tried to warn mother bu the demons had already made it there. The whole city was destroyed," Ryder's voice wavered as she said so and tears brimmed her vision.
Ryder hadn't slept in two days, except for the very short nap she had gotten in the tree. Her father saw her exhuastion and looked at her with sympathy.
"Go to your room. Get some rest. Your guest will be put in the room next to yours. Try to be nicer in the future, darling." the kind replied gently.
Ryder scowled and marched off to her room, with a huff.

Jake snarled at Black Knight. " Can't you ever shut up! She was being nice and i was trying too! "

Black Knight snorted at him " yeah yeah "

The king sent his guards to find the guest and bring him to his room. Which they did promptly.

Ryder undressed then dressed into her sleeping clothes. Laying in her bed she fell asleep quickly.

Jake walked to the room and Black Knight turned into a bow. He grabbed the bow and went into the room. " Ill just go and check on Ryder " He opened the door and looked for her room. She opened the door and saw her sleeping. He smiled

After a few hours of well deserved sleep, Ryder got up from her bed and looked out her bedroom window. A full moon hung low in the sky, telling Ryder that she had probably slept all day and to early on this night.
Hopping out of bed she dressed in a corset top. It was fully black with red laces sewn in at the sides and down the middle. Then laced up in the back with red and black lace. She pulled on some pants and decided to go barefoot. Tieing up her long hair in a messy ponytail with a bright blue lace.

Walking out of her room, she descended the stairs towards the dining room. The lights were on and there were voices coming from the room, suggesting that her father had invited Jake down for dinner.

Which he had earlier on that evening, setting out a feast for the guest and his daughter.

Jake smiled and then he looked " Do you know where Ryder is? "

The bow let out a growl at the sound of her name

"She should be coming down the stairs in a few minutes," the king replied.

Ryder walked in right after he said that. The king stood, with a grin on his face.
"My darling Rye!" he exclaimed.
Ryder sighed and sat down across from Jake and she offered a small smile to Jake.
"Dad sit down please. And i've told you not to call me darling. Hi Jake," Ryder said.
Ryder's dad cleared his throat then sat down, looking at Jake he smiled.
Ryder took a sip of water and the king grinned at Jake.
"So your marrying my daughter then?" the king asked Jake.

Ryder choked on her water and started coughing hard.

Jake looked at him with a horred look on his face. "What! No! " He exclaimed almost deing because he almost choked on his food

The bow turned into Black Knight and reared at the King " he would never! "

When Ryder finally stopped coughing she glared at her dad.
"Why cant you just stay out of things! No he isnt!" Ryder snapped.
"I-I just thought.." the king stammered.
"And you!" Ryder turned on the bow. "I would love it if you would quit being so rude! I kept those humans off your ass! I couldve let them catch up or i couldve let you die from that arrow! But i didnt!" snapped Ryder.
Standing up, she stormed out of the dining room. Flashing to her room, she went in, slamming the door behind her.

The king looked where Ryder had vanished and sighed.
"Im sorry Jake. Its been hard for her lately. An you'll have to forgive me for that assumption," the king apologized.

Jake stood up and then said " its alright ill go check on her. "
He walked up the room and then he knocked on her door " Ryder. Please open up. Its Jake "

Black Knight snorted " I dont care about my ass! " He turned into a bow

Ryder looked over at the door then with a sigh, she opened the door.
"Yes?" she muttered.
Then instantly she relaxed a little.
"Im sorry. Yea Jake?" she said in a sligtly happier and more relaxed tone.
She had let her hair down and it was slightly past her shoulders, and she was in shorts now.
Stepping back, she opened the door enough for him to come in her room.

Jake nodded and walked into the room. He sat in a chair " What did your dad mean. Why did he mean, by he meant that he thought we were going to get married? " He said confused

"Dad's been wanting me to get married the past three years," Ryder said dismissively.
Sighing, she trudged over to her bed and flopped onto her back.
"So every man i bring home, he thinks im marrying them," she said with a small laugh.

Jake laughed with her " At least you have a father. " He said and then stood up. " are you like royal or something? "

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » a Warrior's heart

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus