Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Mental Hospital and Another Dimension (open)

Cody glanced around the room, checking that no orderlies were going to come eavesdrop, and then let his ideas spill forth.

"If we're locked in our rooms, we can both have attacks at the same time. They haven't been securing me hand and foot lately, so I'll be able to probably break free. If I can convince them that I've taken my pills. If I can stab them with the tranqs, too, that'll help. I'm in room 103, which one are you? If you have trouble, I'll break you out. Um...do you know where this portal will open?"
Issac (played by xCharlottex) Topic Starter

*Issac didn't officially know where the portal would open but he had an idea.. He once had a dreamlike vision of something that almost looked like a black hole but pulsing in color. He remembered it right...
.... of course in the room of patient and scientific research. In other words right smack dab in the experiment room.*

"Yes I know where the portal will open; in the room of scientific research. That's where we will meet. And we can't be late for when the portal opens because once it closes it closes for good. My room is 112, but I'm pretty confident that I will be able to escape without assistance..."

*Issac paused for a moment reviewing what he had just said.*

"Oh and once you get into the experiment room be sure to bring blades and drills because even I'm not sure what's on the other side. Basically I want to escape before I get sent to death row. Are you in and any questions?"
Cody grimaced. "Really? The experiment room?" He hated that place with a passion, and only because he'd heard the sounds of screams and unpleasant things from inside it. Or rather through the walls. He hadn't been there but twice, and they hadn't exactly done anything to him but inject fluids and hook him up to a lie-detector. He'd still prefer not to go there, but there was little question of that now. They'd also be trapped if the portal didn't work.

"Alright, fine. I'm sure any questions I have will be answered soon as we're free of this place." Still, he preferred to think optimistically. Was it him or were the drugs beginning to fade a bit faster with the nearing excitement of breaking free?

Issac nodded.

"Alright 5 minutes till lock down then all we have to do is wait till the right moment to break free. We head to the experiment room, grab the tools and head into the portal. Comprende?

The orderlies were already getting ready with trauq guns in hand. They were preparing to heard us yet again into our claustrophobic chambers. The guns were for the ones who weren't compliant and they were prepared to fire at any means necessary.
"Midnight, right?" Cody checked. "A change in night crew happens at 11:30. We can break out then." It was worth a shot.

He eyed the armed orderlies and scowled. "Great, here goes the ol' round up." He would be his usual, reluctant self, requiring a few nudges and warnings to get him back to his room. It was all as per usual as far as the orderlies were concerned. And when he was handed his nightly dose of pills, he popped them all at once before they locked him in his room for the night.

"Home sweet home," he muttered, before snatching the sheet from the pillow and depositing the pills into it that he'd snuck into his hand rather than his mouth. "Now to wait," he muttered, lying down on the bed and keeping an eye on the door of his room.

Issac was quickly shuffled into his room where they gave him his daily dose of medication. When they gave him the three blue sedatives he pretended to swallow and when the orderlies left he placed them in the pillow case. The lights went out and were replaced by a red glow throughout his room and the hallways signaling it was time to rest. The he stared at the digital clock waiting for 11:30.

"Just another ordinary day...." he muttered to himself. The numbers were counting closer and closer to showtime.
At 11:28, Cody tossed and turned and then cried out. According to the sound feed in his room, he was having a seizure. In actuality, he was grabbing for the pills in his pillowcase.

At 11:29, the orderlies and a nurse were knocking down the door to get in. He didn't even pause when the first orderly launched himself onto the seizing patient. Cody twisted, and drove one of the pills into the orderly's mouth. The man actually swallowed and then gagged, backing up.

The other orderly brandished a syringe, but missed on the first strike. Cody had it in his hands within a moment, and easily tranquillized the second orderly. The nurse ran out in hysterics.

At 11:30, he was padding down the hallway at a good clip, gathering what he could along the way. A lot of syringes and needles, the occasional pill.

By 11:35 he was in the experiment room. Keeping low lest a passing guard or orderly find him. At this late hour, no one was being tested on. He was lucky.

When the orderlies came in to check up on Issac after he screamed in anguish they were surprised by a swift kick in the shin and their own tranq darts in there flesh. He grabbed there guns and syringes as the nurse ran frantically for the alarm. Issac aimed the tranq gun and shot a dart right between her eyes. Luckily through the years he had trained excessively with firearms of all kinds. The women's eyes rolled back in her head and she collapsed to the ground like a rag doll.

Then Issac ran down the hall stealthily. There was no one in sight so he headed into the experiment room where he grabbed a surgical saw off the table. He saw that Cody had gotten in before him.

"Alright now all we have to do is wait." He said with a smirk.
He jumped when Isaac finally entered, but fortunately recognized him before he accidentally did anything like stick a sedative in him.

He nodded at the comment, grinding his teeth. He hated waiting; it gave the enemy time to prepare and coordinate their own assault. At least no alarms had gone off yet. He wondered about the nurse that had fled his room. Had she not told anyone? Or maybe she'd been waylaid.

He would have paced, except that that would draw attention to a room that should be locked down tight. Instead he focused on a clock across the hall.

"Almost time," he muttered, feeling the hairs on the back of his neck prickle.

"yep." Issac nodded.

He watched the digital clock count. He held his breath anxiously and straightened his glasses.

11:57....
11:58...
11:59....

He was ready to be free to the world ahead of him no matter how dreary or foreign; he was going to escape his fate of death by fatal injection. He waited silently with tranq gun and buzz saw in hand. He grabbed a first aid bag when he had first entered the experiment room, they would probably need it. He knew how to survive....The only thing he was worried about was what alien creatures awaited him on the other side of the universe.

12:00....

The number rang in his head and he heard a loud crash. He turned around abruptly and where there once was an experiment table was what looked like some sort of black hole. It would rotate in such a fashion that it seemed like space itself was being sucked inside. The sound was at first like wind, then waves, then a wailing siren. Unnameable colors and tones flashed through the center and rims of the spiral. In the room around him vials broke and supplies was flung in random directions.

He looked over at Cody and yelled through the pulsating sound. "Ready?"
Cody couldn't move fast enough. He'd already thrown a hypodermic needle injected with sedative through the black hole before registering what it was.

"Are you nuts?" he tried to yell back at Isaac--but his voice didn't carry and the very hole seemed to suck his words in. Of course he couldn't back out now. He hadn't made it this far only to be caught and dragged back to his room where he'd be drugged senseless for months--or years--on end.

He nodded and then entered the spinning black disk. Just before he did so, he saw a flash of white--a very familiar flash of white--that had goosebumps forming on his arms and legs, and the hair on the back of his neck standing on end. He had no idea what he was getting into; but he knew what he was getting away from--and that was enough to make him jump.

Issac couldn't hear Cody over the sirens so he jumped into the churning spiral. He had a sensation like he was being pulled apart. He looked down at his body wondering if his flesh was tearing in half but he was intact. Flashes of light and colors of all tones swirled around him as the very sinews of his body flexed. All around him were these white amorphous creatures swimming like fish through the chaos. He never got a good look at any of them since he was practically spinning out of control.

After what felt like a lifetime things started blur. The spinning and stretching had come to a stop and the noise died down. When he opened his eyes he realized he lay in a mossy grove in a forest. He heard the distant sound of waves crashing so he knew water was close by. All around him there were wiry trees that were far taller than the ones on Earth. There were unnameable plants and he caught a glimpse of a bird flying through the trees. He stood up and realized the sky wasn't blue but a light indigo. There was also a sun and many planets that he could see that looked translucent by the pink tinted clouds. There was a light mist in the air and he guessed that it was morning.
Not far from Isaac, Cody Wesson began to stir. He spat out a mouthful of dirt and scrambled to his feet--automatically he reached for something at his side, and cursed when his hands came up empty.

He scrambled for the few needles he had brought with him, the ones filled with sedative, and then turned in a slow circle. He blinked when he saw Isaac and then went over to the guy.

"Um, you wouldn't happen to know where we are, would you?"

Issac started to collect his tranq gun and darts. He looked around for the saw and scooped it up.

"Well currently, we are on an unnamed, unmarked planet on the other side of the universe. But on this planet is the escape we need. All we have to do is find it; the key to unparalleled power. And right now we have to find a certain person to help us..."
Cody's mouth twitched as he wrestled with an ironic smile. "And what kind of person are we looking for? Or will we know him or her when we find them?"

He shaded his eyes to look into the distance for any kind of a threat and then sighed. "It looks like we're the only ones here at the moment."

Just then a winged figure in armor dropped out of the sky to land beside them. Six wings flared as it stumbled to a halt along the ground, letting out a curse.

Cody jumped with a yell and fired a dart at the creature before recognizing it. What was more, the dart actually bounced off the Legion's shield.The Legion looked at his shield and then at Cody, whose face was white as a sheet. "Apparently, I am corporeal now. Please do not do that again." The Legion shook his wings out and then folded them flat against his back, before drawing the shield against his chest. The sword still hung at his side--sheathed.

Issac stared at the winged figure with saw ready. When he first saw it he envisioned the archangel Micheal from biblical stories. For some reason an arch angel is not the figure in mind that had talked to him through visions. In his visions the voice was female.

"You're not what I'm expecting....who are you?" he asked in a confused and somewhat shocked tone.
The angel turned to regard Isaac and eyed the saw. "I am this mortal's protector. Though at the moment, it seems I am no longer incorporeal." It stretched its six wings to their fullest, and Cody watched as a feather floated down to land on the grass. In spite of himself, he reached down to pick it up.

"It's called a Legion. They make up one-third of the angels that plague mankind. Well, Fallen are the type that plague us; Legions slay the Fallen and then there are Guardian angels..." Cody rubbed his face. "Oh god, I can't believe I'm the one saying this now. It doesn't really matter--except that if we need protection, this Legion will provide it--hopefully."

The Legion narrowed his eyes but nodded. "I will protect insofar as I am able to."

Issac stared wide eyed. He didn't want an angel watching over them since this was a quest to become immortal themselves or that was at least Issac's plan. He couldn't say no so he just nodded his head. He had to find the being that was talking to him.

"Alright....so if your going to protect us, or at least him then lets start moving. I have to find a specific being that's been trying to contact me. I'm not sure where to go yet but for now I think we should find shelter."

He looked at the grey sky as little droplets of rain started to fall and he heard the sound of distant thunder.
Cody grimaced when it began to rain. "Fantastic," he muttered. "I couldn't have brought a jacket with me beforehand. And not a straight-jacket."

It was just as well that Isaac decided to ignore the Legion, since the Legion was more or less content to ignore the mortals, though of course keeping an eye open for threats.

Issac didn't know where he was going to go. He whipped around and headed off north. He walked swiftly but kept an eye open for any threats or obstacles. Along the way he spotted bizarre creatures and plants., he saw four winged black birds, what looked like a large pure white fox with odd markings and a particular grotesque looking plant that was a giant orchid with a jaw bone and teeth. He made a large swerve around that specimen. He had been walking for a while and the rain turned heavy and the wind picked up. They needed to find a shelter fast. Blue lightning streaked the sky when he saw something in the nearby trees that made him halt. Today was about to take a turn for the worst...

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Mental Hospital and Another Dimension (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus