Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The newest and coolest ride at the new amusement p

My Unknowns (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Nora ordered a suite of rooms and a Personal Guide Electronic Map with a years subscription of their internet connection which was an independent internet channel somehow. It came with entrance to a private lounge on the top floor and more she was told. She was very eager to sit down and read all about her new 'toy' but it would be quite rude to Hayden to back out of the date. She tried to the kit in her back pack but it was too large to fit inside.

"Hayden, I need to drop off my backpack and kit off in my room before we go. I hope that you don't mind." she asked quietly.
When he saw how large the thing was, he no longer wondered why it was pricey. What he did wonder was how people who were riding rides took that on the ride with them and didn't loose it in a loopy loop. "Yeah. Lead the way." He was perfectly fine with her wanting to drop some things off. He'd only brought the single pair of clothes, so it would be an adventure, he was sure. Hopefully he wouldn't sweat too much during the day.

Nora went to the top floor in the elevator then down the hall a ways to the room. She slid the card key inside the slot and opened the door. It was an enormous room with many features such as coin operated drink dispenser and snack machine....

"Oh boy...... I do hope that the company will pay for this suite. It must have cost more than what I earn in a year. I hope that I didn't get the wrong car. Let me check with the front desk." Nora spoke in awe as she looked at the jacuzzi in the corner.
She hurried to a rather large desk and picked up the phone.

"Hello this is Nora Williams in suite 707. I didn't order a luxury suite but a regular suite..... Yes, I did.... It made that much difference!... No, no everything is perfect, Thank you....." she spoke and turned to Hayden in amazement.
"This suite is mine for an year........ I sure hope that Bob will understand the bill when it comes in."
He took in the appearance of the room and whistled. It was lovely. Maybe he should have taken that handout after all! He watched her hurry over to the desk and couldn't help but to eavesdrop as she spoke to the person on the other side. He wondered if this came with that fancy kit she'd just bought. When she told him that it was hers for a year, he raised his eyebrows in surprise. "No wonder people go missing. There's your story right here. People come in, buy that stupidly priced gizmo and then get wowed of their feet." He smirked after speaking, "So now that the mystery's solved, how about that date?"

Nora sat down a minute with a sigh. She took the receipt back out and carefully read the charges on the bill.

"1 suite for 3 days and 2 nights, automatic upgrade with purchase of Deluxe Edition of Personal Guide Electronic Map, wait a minute.....I just ordered Edition of Personal Guide Electronic Map not the Deluxe Edition of Personal Guide Electronic Map.
Deluxe Edition of Personal Guide Electronic Map which is the same price of Edition of Personal Guide Electronic Map so I shouldn't complain of that..... 5 for 1 year purchase of Deluxe Edition of Personal Guide Electronic Map.
I'll have to read the manual but it still seems fishy to me. Let's go out so that I can clear my mind and I'll read the manual after I come back." Nora spoke as she tucked the bill into her back pack.
He didn't understand the nonsense that she rambling to herself, and he almost wanted to leave. She seemed to focus quite a bit on whatever held her attention at any given time. He supposed that had as many pros as it did cons. He tapped his foot impatiently as she continued talking mostly to herself. He began wondering if she would even notice if he snuck out of the room. If he was a betting man, which he was, he'd guess that she wouldn't. "Alright. So head clearing we will go. I vote for the craziest and largest roller coaster first." He opened her room door and held it open so she should come on.

"Sure thing. Let me get my fanny pack so that I can keep my stuff together........."she pulled out her fanny pack and tucked a card inside it and some money just in case like. Then tossed the rest on the bed.
'I think that I have what I need. Let's go to the adult rides and games. Maybe even try out a game or two."

Nora snapped the fanny pack around her waist as she headed out the out door.
He was glad to finally be going. He glanced down at his watch briefly and decided that they should probably get a move on it they really wanted to have a day full of ride hopping. Once she was out of the room, he shut the door behind them and led her to the elevator. They passed the lobby on their way out, and Hayden made a mental note of where the hotel was. It would suck to go out and have fun, but forget just where he was staying for the evening.

Once out in the open air, Hayden looked around, a small smile on his face. "So where to? Are we going to walk or is it back to the trolley?"

"If you want to get out of frontierland then I suggest a tram to the rides. The walking to where we want to go. Maybe I should have brought that gadget along after all..... Well, lets get a map for the adult area. I'll splurge for it since it is my fault for not setting up the one I bought." Nora spoke guiltily.
He shook his head. "No. Let's just adventure. Wing it, you know? It'll be fun. No need to plan out every single second, and if we get lost then we can just ask someone for help. Have you seen how pristine this place is? Surely we'll encounter workers all over the place." He offered her his hand so that they wouldn't get separated in the large masses of people and began leading her to a ride, ready to being enjoying the amusement park.

"Just like teenagers, huh?" Nora laughed as she followed Hayden.
There were plenty of people around milling about or standing in lines. At least there were no children screaming and begging for this or that. Then a thought came to her...
"Hayden, I want some cotton candy and a caramel apple with nuts. A giant cup of soda with a straw too. Must have pizza with a lot of pepperoni and cheese."
He almost stopped in his tracks as she began saying all of the things she wanted. They were essentially strangers.. Well, he'd offered her a date, so he supposed he'd have to pony up. "Alright. Do you want all of those things right this second or can we get some now, you know as like snacks?" He realized then that everything that she wanted was junk food, and he began to wonder if she didn't normally allow herself to eat those types of things.

"I am not going to eat all of those things in one day! I might feel like a teenager but my body would definitely rebel against me if I ate all of those goodies in one day. Or I would think so.... then I'd be in bed for a day or two in complete misery. But then misery does like company so maybe you would like to be miserable with me?" she laughed lightly as she looked at him.
He laughed and shook his head. "Sorry to disappoint, but I eat like that all the time. You'd be the only miserable one." He guided them to one of the shorter lines and leaned against the railing, watching the ride go. "When do you want your snacks? Is after this ride alright?"

"That figures. I'll wait for my misery of being bloated and sick to my stomach. Let's go on the ride. I'll eat later after a few rides. Now which one shall we go one first? The smaller one to warm up on? It does go into underwater tunnels according to the sign." Nora spoke with a smile.
He nodded. "Yup. Smaller lines means less waiting, and I'm not too patient of a person," he commented. The line moved quickly, and after two rounds of the ride, it was their turn. They were given seats right by each other, and Hayden grinned over at her as it began.

" I hope that it is fun with a small bit of a scare. I wonder what kind of fish we will see. Whether they are real or mechanical. Maybe a large shark like jaws or a hug octopus like in the movies. What do you think that there will be?" Nora asked as she glanced towards Hayden.

(Do you want to lead this part or shall I?)
you can)

(let me think a bit while I do a bit of mapping it out im my mind. You want to do the next ride?)
Hayden shrugged in response to her questions. He was sure that they'd figure out soon enough. The ride began, by launching them in a tube that traveled through the water. Colorful tropical fish swam along as if the ride wasn't even there. The thrill of being dropped through the water left him excited, even though others on the ride screamed. They came to a turn, and there looked to be a leak in the tube, but it was all special effects. A robotic shark jumped out in front of them, actually getting a scream from Hayden. It retracted as they ride continued.

After a few minutes, the ride was over, the vast majority of it showing off the aquarium that likely was an underground exhibit. He couldn't see why they'd have an 'under water' ride and not have a whole aquarium. The place was large enough for that, after all. With the ride at a complete stop, the safety bars rose, and Hayden unbuckled from the ride. He stepped onto the platform, a large grin on his face as he followed the other people off of the ride. He turned to Nora to ensure that they hadn't been separated. "Where to now?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The newest and coolest ride at the new amusement p

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus