Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Dear Community

Jetticus

It has come to my attention that I hate the internet currently. It has nothing to do with what anyone has said or done... I just feel that what was once intended to unite the world has started making my life lack in development and adjustment. "The internet...", "Well Google says...", "They have a wikipedia page...", etc... This kind of talk has made me decide to more or less step away from the table for now... I can't stand the politics of any site I'm on, Facebook, Google+, etc., so I am forcing myself away so that I can take a few days or weeks to relax.

To those of you who I have recently been Role-Playing with, I apologize, this is part of the reason I haven't posted as much in the last couple weeks... I need some time to just get away and recharge my batteries, go fishing, swimming, etc.

If you're upset, feel free to message me and I will make sure to explain this in further detail once I return...

Thank you for understanding,
Jetticus
awww :(
I don't have any social networking except the RPR. For realz. No FaceBook, no Google+. Hell, I deleted my MySpace long before it was cool to do so.
That said, I 100% understand and appreciate your frustrations, my friend. Might I suggest watching a few Arnold movies? Or maybe even Friday?
Dude, I really really know what you mean. I did this a little while ago, it felt like i was missing out on life and that it was taking over my life. take care, smile, laugh, and live. We will be here when you get back
It's okay, I totally understand :) Take some time and just enjoy yourself away from the computer. ^^ I look forward to when you come back, but don't rush. :) Take it at the pace you want
Minerva

facebook-killing-meaningful-communication.jpg

I totally understand, man. I've had a long, long vacation from the internet, partially for the same reasons. Like, a three year vacation. I'll be back soon, but at this point real life is like "LOL, THE INTERNET? GTFO YOU CAN'T GO THERE." and I'm like "AHHH! NOW YOU NEED TO BACK OFF!!"
I completely understand.

For years and years now, I've been an Internet junkie. While Jay and I were living in Texas, and he was working 12-14 hour days, I would spend ALL DAY online. Doing something, anything really. I didn't really know how to exist much outside of a computer anymore.

Here recently, we've met a few really awesome people, and it's keeping us out and about a lot more. Sometimes I joke that it's interfering with my internet life, but that's all it is now- a joke. I'm so glad that I've learned to exist again as a person, not just an internet personality.

I know that it sort of defeats the whole 'stepping away' thing, but seeing as how this is the only form of communication I have with you- if you EVER need to talk, have a conversation, get something off your chest, anything- just send a message my way. :)
We all need time away from the computer sometimes! We'll all be here when you get back! :)
Jetticus Topic Starter

I am back, I'll begin replying in a few minutes.
Yay. Hope you're not swimming in notifications lol
Jetticus Topic Starter

it was bad XD
Lol you were misseed

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Dear Community

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus