Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Eldrenae Academy (Semi-closed.)

Serenity (played by Nemmysis)

The group seem to be succesful on finding the classroom, but it wasn't in time, Serenity was never late to something, and the teacher was already there. He was a hansome man that could have the eye of any woman, it was almost sinful she actually thought that. Again out her nerves she tried to fix her hair, this time was clear her compulsiveness, before someone pointed out she decided to raise her face while she moved with class. She could never blame he thought they were losing time, but it was somehow embarassing he pointed it out.

"Good morning, teacher" she said in her calm small voice blushing and added a reverence, now becoming her distintive mark. She looked the classroom, this will never fool anyone, it was still a palace. The long desk looked like a promise, they were going to work in group, or at least she thought, now she needed to look for a place, she wished to be next to one of the new ones, she did loved the idea of seating next to Carabia, since she was the most gentle person she knew "Miss Carabia would you seat with me, please?"
Okami Sagashi (played by RikuNanase)

Okami took a seat by the window near the back, not liking the front, setting her bag on her desk. She didn't like being in the front, because of having people behind her made her nervous. She took out a little notebook, and started writing. She did promise Kiba she would write to him when she could. Okami had promised to at least once a week. The first being mostly about her journey here, leaving out that she got lost several times along the way. She hadn't asked for help as that time, mostly because being in wolf form scared most people...but she figured it could be pretty normal here. She only transformed when necessary.
(Hello all. Hope everyone is well.)

Two years. Two years away, and it still looks the same. I hope they kept the bloody library in order.

Riding slowly up the path to the academy, the large figure of a person, almost certainly a large man, could be made out riding an equally large horse towards the grounds. Stragen had offered his services and knowledge to the school several years ago, at first teaching, and then moving to the quieter task of being head librarian. Now, after two years of absence due to traveling to expand his own knowledge, he was returning to share what he had learned.

Large indeed by human standards, the half-Orc's similarities with his Orcish kin ended there. While most Orcs were savage brutes or bandits that used weaponry and their sheer size to take what they wanted, the grey-skinned teacher used magic, and very powerful forms of it at that. He smiled just a bit at the thought. The surprise on the existing staff's faces when he arrived, offering his services.

Still, thinking on the past was only truly beneficial for research. Turning his mind back towards the present, the half-Orc man guided his horse onto a stable on the grounds and was soon striding across the grounds towards the large library building. Entering, his keen grey-blue eyes scanned the shelves, finding them at least decently in order. He'd have to reorganize several sections for sure, but it was better than he thought it would be.

Time for that later. Classes should be going right about now. I need to get the hall open for use for the day.

Making himself busy, he started going through an ingrained routine that he remembered even after this time away, getting the library ready for use, as it was certainly a heavily used facility for those that wished to learn at a bit of a more complex level.
inori (played anonymously)

"Yay!!!!! A friend" she said junoinhbup and down. "Oh hi miss okami names inori" inori says holding out her hand. "Yeah it seems like we all are heading to the same class" inori says.i made a new friend yes I can't wait to get started in class I wonder if there be like other cool people that's would be awesome everyone so far looks so cool. She thought inori was happy to be at this school when she is excited she forgets some stuff
Albae (played by Robyn) Topic Starter

(For the sake of simplicity, any replies from Cara will be thrown into Albae's post while this teacher is active!) Carabia will have nodded quite quickly indeed, sending those ivory ringlets dancing about her frame in doing so. Of course she would love to sit with Serenity, how could she not? If allowed, the Devil even aims to link arms with her, hoping to lead to a seat at random along the long marble desks. Once seated, a hand rises to wave towards the others excitedly, leaving it up to them as to where they sit.

Naturally Albae observes their interaction with a light smile across that fuzzy bearded chin, glad to see the newer students already getting familiar with one another. Always the best start to a term. "Welcome to Eldrenae Academy." Once all seated, the tall man bows slightly from the waist. No reason to dismiss a slightly more formal greeting, given the kinds of students gathered.

"It is an honour to teach you this term. I am Albae, your teacher in both potions and combat. As some of you may already be aware, what classes you take beyond the basics is entirely left to your own choosing. This is, of course, the Introductory Class. Here I welcome you and answer any questions lingering across your minds." As he speaks on, his large hands clasp behind him with thought, steps falling to carry him gradually across the room once more, halting before the desk so he may have a better view of everyone present. Including those hiding towards the back.
(Forgot to mention for others, Stragen is the head librarian and also an advanced Illusion magic teacher for the Academy.)

Stragen nodded a bit after a good fifteen minutes of tidying and fixing up the records kept within the library hall. The grey-skinned took pride in the organization of the room, for it made it much easier for others to find what they needed. Several tables with comfortable chairs were spread across the room for those who wished to study within the room itself. After fixing these up some, the half-Orc left the building.

Walking across the grounds, his black and gold cloak flapping around him a bit, Stragen decides that he'd go to fins the Introductory Class taught in the first days at the Academy. He couldn't help but wonder who would be making up the student body this year. He had missed the previous two, and thus didn't know quite a few of the student faces he saw. Smiling just a bit, he entered one of the buildings to find the class. Eventually, he did find it and entered, only to realize the class had already started. A faint smile coming to his lips, his keen eyes scanned the students present, most of which oddly being female it seemed, and then fell on Albae. Giving a small bow of apology, he spoke in a rather rich, deep voice.

"Apologies. Had I known your class had already begun, I would have simply kept my place in the library hall."

Serenity felt euphoric, not only did everyone looked gentle and kind including the teacher, she had seem to cause a good impresion on Carabia, being maybe the start of a good frienship. Friendship. That was new to her, since the life that she had on church was not a quite social one, not helping the fact that she didn't wanted anything to do with peasants, but she learned soon she was just wrong of being in that position. Before leaving her city and previous life behind, she told herself that she was going to change and act like a worthy person, the deacon and the others laugh to the idea, but she will prove them wrong, she had been proving them wrong already.

As both young ladies have take their place, and the teacher his introduction and before any question were formulated, a figure interrupted the class, he was rather tall and had what she will describe as "Orc trades"another race that was unknown for her by sight. The reason she was so moved by races like elves and orcs was that they were unexisting back were she lived, considered outcast by some, they were not common between nobles, so she did lost a little her cool, having to do with the fact of being apparently the only human in the school, even though she had magic and considered herself some kind of noble.
Erroll (played by stalkati)

Erroll takes a seat toward the middle of the classroom, making himself comfortable and setting his satchel on the table to pull out parchment, quill, and ink. Adjusting the wooden mask on his face since it had come loose during the rush to class, before looking up to the teacher and offering a small smile and a quick, "Good morning," before he started the introduction. Adjusting his mask once more just to be safe before turning to look at the half-orc, seems like an interesting man... and place. Hope I can do well here., the elf thought to himself while shuffling his papers and taking up the quill to dip in the ink pot, ready to learn.
Edolie (played anonymously)

Edolie fell back a bit as more students had gathered and chatted. She observed the others, the way they held themselves..the way they talked. Even the clothing they wore. Lionesque tail swished behind her as she watched before she followed the general group towards the classroom they were going to. She had gathered they were all going to the same place.
Her common was not the best so she did not speak to anyone, perhaps seeming distant and aloof, and maybe more so as she chose a seat closest to the door and not near anyone else. Satchel was placed on the table in front of her as she looked over the teacher whom had already been there. Small tilt of her head given as she got a strange feeling about this man. Sadly she wasn't sure what it could be, and the arrival of the half-orc distracted her and she tensed reaching towards her side as if to grasp something. But her hand closed on nothing and she remembered what she'd been told when given the rules of this place. It would have been foolish anyway, as he were dressed like no orc she'd seen and it seemed he knew their teacher. Perhaps he worked here, as strange as it seemed to the little faun. She straightened after that and looked forward towards the teacher once more.

His seemingly intense, ever-studying eyes shift once the door clicks open across this huge room, watching on as this new face enters. A half Orc? "Ah!" Perhaps something clicked. "I have heard some wonderful things of you, Sir." He casts him a polite smile, straightening from his lazy lean on the desk. The fellow makes his way towards him with ease, a large hand stretching out with hopes of shaking. "I am the latest Headmaster, you see." At this he chuckles lightly, the position still surprising even himself. "But, please. Albae is quite fine."

Whether he had accepted the handshake or not, Al turns to face the students gathered. "This is Stragen, everyone. Our gifted head librarian. I trust you will respect each treasured title within." He glances back to the fellow. "Would you mind describing the classes you offer?" He smiles lightly, gesturing to the front of the huge room where his desk lies. Perhaps a silent invitation for him to join up ahead, crossing the floor once more to stand before that large desk.

Only now does he note their silence. "Any questions are welcome." He reminds the group gently, though he doesn't yet pick on anyone. From a wooden, engraved box that had been sitting on his desk, he begins to lift golden necklaces. "These act as your student identifications. Given the size of the student body here, these help ensure that not just anyone wanders in. There is no strict expectation that these are visible at all times, however. Do wear these daily." The golden chain thin, the pendant small enough not to be any bother. It must be diamond within its' center. Naturally he walks gradually to begin handing these to each student, casting every face a reassuring smile. It seems they're all a little nervous today.
da10783_030101_l.png
Stragen did shake Albae's hand, and when offered to step forward he did so, bringing his sharp eyes onto the students. Had it not been for his grey skin, he would have simply looked like a large human. Aside from that, and his slightly pointed teeth, he looked the same as any other human. Putting his arms behind his back, he gave the students a small smile.

"Hello all. As Mr. Albae said, my name is Stragen. I'd give my last name, but I've watched too many chew their tongue off trying to say it."

Giving a bit of a grin at the jest, he didn't focus on anyone I particular for more than a few seconds. He answered the other question regarding what he taught.

"Aside from protecting the vast knowledge that you will now all have access to, I teach advances classes regarding Illusion magic. It's very complex, only meant for those with the mental capacity to bend others to theirnwill, make them see things and feel things that don't truly exist. Of course, you should probably learn your basics first before attempting."

Looking back at Albae, he gave a slight bow and stepped off to the side out of his way, allowing him to do his job.

"I believe I will simply observe for a while, unless you require my assistance."
Erroll (played by stalkati)

Takes the gold jeweled necklace to smooth fingers over the surface with a small smile, he likes the golden sun it reminds the young elf of home, before hanging it around his neck and stuffing the front down the collar of his shirt. Once finished the elf returns attention to the instructors and straightens up at hearing about illusion magic's, he's always been interested in the subject but had never had the time to learn it. Writing it on parchment to remember for later before returning attention once more to the... headmaster? Cocking head to the side some, he's to young, and handsome, to be a headmaster. Quirking a brow in thought and nibbling on his lower lip, thoughts shoved aside for now he finishes writing down a few thoughts.

Raising his hand and once called upon he sheepishly asks, "How will you assess or analyze student work?" Looking upon both professors if both or just one waned to answer.

After the conversation between the teacher and the newly arrive librarian, it was clear how diverse and maybe complex subjects there were offered by the institution. Serenity did loved to read, and in her collection or finished books it could be found a whole library. I wonder which types of literature I will found here . She knew were she was going after class.

When handed her necklace she was in awe. The beautiful piece of jewellery had a simbol that could be compared to the sun, and she simply loved the sun, so when recibing she blushed because of how suiting it was. "How pretty it is" she let out, as it made a perfect match with her gown.

Serenity was already wearing a necklace, it was one that a priest gave to her as a birthday gift, maybe her only real gift, it was a golden cross of course, which was actually not visible, as she felt like it was like a property sign, but didn't had anything better to replace it with, until now. Serenity took of her former necklace and made a space for the newer, this time this one was for everyone to see.

Okami slowly took the necklace, examining it for a few seconds before putting it on. She didn't make eye contact, her ears laying flat against her head. She muttered a thanks, still nervous around another adult figure. Keeping her tail close to her body, Okami kept herself aware of everything around the room, including all new people and conversations going on. She fiddled with the necklace given to her as she kept her gaze either at the front of the room or out the window to her right.
inori (played anonymously)

Inori went to her class and sat down. oh poo hope I didn't miss anything. Cause if I did the teacher will be really mad at me for zoneing out. She thought inori fiddled with her pencil she decided to be herself and kept fiddling with her pencil she loved doing this cause it kept her from freaking out about sertain stuff. She was supper excited to be going to this academy she never been to academy more of a school but never a academy.

He nods simply towards the fellow teacher, grateful that he had taken the time to introduce the kinds of classes offered out under his own instruction. "I do suppose that depends on if questions are shot your way." He answers with a light smile, those friendly, yet still studying-gaze slipping onto the only male student now.

"Yes, young man?" He calls over once that hand lifts, not yet knowing of their names. "Ah, a smart question indeed. There are showcases held here, you see. In these showcases, students will be expected to demonstrate what they have learned. Be it a combination of their already-known magics among the learnt styles here, or strictly what they have learnt here at the Academy. It is indeed formal, viewed by myself and usually two other teachers. Naturally, the grade does depend on your technical skill, the performance of them, and even order in which they are displayed." Yes, no pressure at all. Ahem.

He smiles gently once he overhears Serenity admire the necklace. "Indeed it is. The sun is Tanbarune's emblem." Tanbarune being the kingdom they had all travelled to, of course. With Okami appearing nervous, he only nods in reply to their thanks. Though the shy manner is indeed kept note of. "Now, for your first assignment? I believe it would benefit everyone to view your current abilities in magics. This way, I know of your strengths and areas which can be worked upon. I would like everyone to prepare personal demonstrations and perform this skillset tomorrow."
Edolie (played anonymously)

Edolie accepted the necklace without comment. The item was held before her and she gazed curiously upon it before she glanced around at the other students and back to it. It was pretty. Though quite...city. She lifted it and placed the necklace upon her neck, letting it settle there on her top, not bothering to tuck it in. It was a nice way to identify students from teachers.
As there was a call for questions she pursed her lips slightly and looked almost like she wanted to ask something, but then looked off instead, remaining silent. There were things she wished to know..many many things. As one student asked about something she didn't quite understand she looked to him and then their teacher once more. She still struggled to understand fully what was said, but she got it for the most part. Tomorrow would be a test of skills. So tonight she must prepare herself.

Hearing that made Okami a bit nervous, she had no problem showing her power over the shadows, but her transformation was something she would have to work on. Maybe she could just leave it out...? No...she had a feeling their teacher would know if she was lying or not. Taking a deep breath, and glaring at her desk, she tucked the necklace away and putting her hat back on over her ears and her cloak over her tail. I hope tomorrow takes a while to get here...I need all the time I can get...
Freya (played by Raider-jack29)

Freya was running late...this is what happens when the coachman decides to stop for lunch at the wrong time in the bloody day. Her carriage was a simple silver thing with bangles of diamond hanging from the top four corners of the carriage over its sides, edged upon every inch of the metallic surface of its body where ornate images of dragons with eyes made from the purest gems found in her family's empire to the distant west...as to why she was here so fast from home you may ask? To put it simply her father wanted the best for her and this was the best school in the realm. She had already sent a scroll to the headmaster of the academy giving the details of her delayed arrival, when the carriage stopped and she stepped outside her attendant whose face was covered by the hood upon his black robe pulled her aside and placed upon her head a silver circlet with a pendant that that resembled a star. The two then shared a quick prayer to the nine blessed dragons of creation (which where her families personal deities ) and parted ways, the circlet was barely visible amongst her locks of white hair that framed her face in elegant curves, she wore a simple white dress that hugged her curves and ended in a trail behind her. This dress was embroidered with golden thread in the design of flames that seemed to dance and change like fire itself. She looked up at the school in ahh before quietly entering and noticing that the entrance hall was quite empty.
"I am rather late aren't I "
She mumbled to herself as she walked further into the hallways as she was not sure where to go.
But being as proud as she was she kept her head held high and kept a straight face, she would continue to do this until told what she must do now that she's arrived.

(I forgot about this rp starting because I wasn't told it had...my bad )

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Eldrenae Academy (Semi-closed.)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus