Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Harsh Day In The Desert (Open)

Laelu Visali (played by LexiSama) Topic Starter

Laelu tightened her hand on her spear, suddenly terrified. What would happen if she got caught by her lamia sisters at the temple? She shook her head, banishing any thoughts on that subject. "I truly hope I'm not leading us to our doom.." She mumbled, looking straight ahead as the temple ruins began coming into view. It was old and crumbling, partially hidden in a large sand dune.
Nomti (played by EonRising)

"Our doom? Why would it be our doom?" Nomti asked nervously, very concerned about the possibility of more Lamia. He was uneasy around Laelu and she was clearly harmless.

Laelu stopped for a moment and looked at Nomti. "Well.. Truth be told I'm not supposed to go anywhere near the temple, or even the village nearby.. I was exiled a few years ago, so I don't know how the other lamia will react if they see me." She sighed and looked towards the temple. "I don't want to die, and I certainly don't want to get someone else killed because of me.." She looked down at the ground, tightening her grip on her spear more.

"Well, why were you exiled? Tell ya what, if you help me find six wadjets I'll help you get un-exiled."

Laelu shook her head sadly. "Because of me, many of my sisters were killed. My mother was so enraged that she exiled me, hoping I would meet a similar fate. Theres no way I can return to the tribe, as she will never forgive me.." She teared up a bit and turned away to wipe her eyes.

Nomti struggled with his fear for a moment before reluctantly patting Laelu's shoulder. "Well, what happened?"

Laelu smiled a bit and started moving towards the temple again. "I've said enough for now, if I say anymore I won't be able to focus on helping you." She laughed at herself a bit. The sand dunes around them began to shift and slide, shielding the temple from view. "Oh no.." She slithered back and hid behind Nomti as best as she could.               

Nomti drew his cycles, more scared of Laelu than the shifting sands, but was still worried by the latter. "What is it?" he asked, taking a defensive stance. It certainly wasnt a sand storm and he had a feeling there would be a fight, hopefully not against other Lamia.

Laelu shivered in fear and from the chill of the early night air. "I don't know, but I don't think its good whatever it is." She readied her spear, though she doubted she would actually use it. The sand continued to shift and move, creating a circular sand wall around them.

Nomti crossed his cycles over his chest again and whispered something. His form shifted and grew and he changed back into the form he had first assaulted Laelu as. He snarled viciously at the sand wall, turning around, watching for any movement within the sand and trying to catch some sort of scent.

Laelu nearly fainted when Nomti changed forms, this was almost to much for her to deal with. She closed her eyes, trying to concentrate on whatever it was in the sand. "Sounds like snakes.. and lots of them.." She mumbled, sticking her spear into the ground to check the vibrations to try and get the exact number.

Nomti still couldn't vocalize and he simply let out a snarl that sounded like "lamia?" He turned again, following the wall of sand.

Laelu kept her eyes closed, shaking her head. "Bigger, much bigger." She tightened her grip on her spear, she couldn't figure out how many there were. The sand shot straight up all around them, like crumbling pillars the sand dribbled off of the massive snakes that now surrounded them.

Surrounding them were four massive wadjets, their size probably making it seem like there were more. Nomti examined each of the winged cobras, hoping at least one would have blood red wings and a mark in the shape of a sun on it's forehead, marking it as a Ra's Wadjet, but none did. Nomti twirled his cycles, they spun so fast that they became a silver blur, whipping up sand.

Laelu opened her eyes and froze in fear, she wanted to scream but knew it wouldn't be worth the energy to do so. She knew that if anything went wrong she would probably only have seconds to escape, so any remaining strength in her body would be necessary in order to get away. She looked over at Nomti, fearing him and oddly enough fearing for his safety at the same time.

If Nomti could figure out which one was the leader and kill it, maybe he could scare the rest of them away. He saw one of the Wadjet about to spray it's venom, which would eat at and dissolve any flesh it made contact with. He had no time to make an attack and shielded Laelu's body with his own, howling in pain when the acid struck his back. He was angry now and he let out a vicious snarl, feeding off his own fear and whatever he could of the winged cobras and leapt at the nearest one, hooking his cycles around either side of it's neck and pulled, quickly beheading it. He whirled around, jumping at another, impaling it's head. That was enough and the massive snakes disappeared into the sand. Nomti took a few deep breaths and fell forwards, reverting back to his normal form. His back was bare in some places and the muscle and sinew beneath his skin could be seen.

Laelu covered her mouth to muffle a shriek and was quickly at Nomti's side, picking him up as gently as she could and carried him into the temple. "Hang in there!" She set him down on the old stone floor and began searching for anything she could use as bandages.

The adolescent anubite shuddered but didn't move. He started taking sharp breaths. "F-fear," he spat out, "N-need... F-fear..." he said and started feeding off of that of the lamia, and it tasted good. He didn't know why, or if the other Anubites could taste it too, but he loved how the fear of girls tasted. He closed his eyes and shuddered again as his back began repairing itself, but soon he had taken all the fear from Laelu he could and it stopped, some tendons and sinew still visible.

Laelu stopped and bit her lip. "Fear..? I see." She closed her eyes and purposely began remembering all the terrifying things shes been through, trying to scare herself for Nomti's sake. It slowly started to work, so much so that she was shaking and almost brought to tears.

Nomti felt Laelu's new fear surge strongly into his body and he seized up as his body began repairing itself again. After a few more minutes, Nomti's back was fully healed and he sat up, breathing heavily.
"T-thank you... You can stop," he stood and thought for a moment. He had no reason to be afraid of her now. The jackal anthro gave Laelu a quick hug then pulled away. "Are you alright?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Harsh Day In The Desert (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus