Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Harsh Day In The Desert (Open)

Laelu Visali (played by LexiSama) Topic Starter

Laelu sighed with relief and banished her horrid memories deep within her mind. "I'm fine and I should be the one thanking you.. I'm certain I would've died back there if you hadn't done that." She wiped her eyes and coiled her tail, sitting on her coils. "No ones ever protected me like that before, thank you." She smiled warmly.
Nomti (played by EonRising)

"No problem," Nomti rubbed the back of his head and grinned a bit embarrassed. "At least I know you're the one snake I don't need to be afraid of," Nomti looked around for a minute. "I'll be back in a minute," he ran off and a few minutes later returned with four giant wadjet wings, each one at least four feet across. "I really don't like wadjets..." he muttered.

Laelu poked at one of the wings, obviously curious about it. "Hm.." She stopped poking the wing and looked around, it had been a long time since her last visit to the temple. "Doesn't look like anyone else is here." She sighed and touched the carved stone wall, slithering beside it for a moment. "What the.." She stopped and stared down into a dark crevice in the floor. Skeletons were littered all over the inside the room below. human and lamia ones mostly.

"What?" Nomti asked and walked to her side, looking down the crevice as well. He could detect a strong amount of fear coming from it. "Th-there's someone alive down there! Come one, we need to find the stairs!" Nomti exclaimed and looked around the room.

Laelu nodded and started searching the room. "I don't see any, maybe theres a hidden passage or something." She started feeling along the wall and on the floor, trying to find any way of getting into the room below. If there wasn't a way of getting in the room that way then the only other option would be to widen the crevice enough so they could fit through it.

Nomti couldn't find anything either and looked down the crevice, "We're going to try and help you!" he called and whispered a few words and a blue orb appeared in his hands. It shot out in the direction they needed to go to get to the room. "Come on," he motioned for Laelu to follow and ran after the orb, which stopped at every new passage way.

Laelu slithered after Nomti as fast as she could, unsure of what would happen when they got to the person below. If it was a lamia, then there might be a fight. If it was human, there may also be a fight. She ignored those thoughts for now and focused on keeping up with Nomti.

The orb Dissipated as soon as they entered the room. Nomti whispered a few more words and another sphere, these time a yellow one, formed in his hand. The anubit thrust his hand forwards and the orb shot away and to the center of the room, where it lit up the whole area, revealing only a baby Wadjet and a massive cave leading to the desert. It was the Wadjet that was scared and Nomti quickly took action, hurling one of his cycles directly at it and with pin point accuracy, the curved blade stuck between its eyes and the cobra fell dead to the ground. Nomti quickly grabbed his weapon, not bothering with the wings and took Laelu's hand in his.
"We need to get out of here, now," he ordered and started pulling her along and back the way they came.

Laelu blinked for a moment, confused a bit and wondering why they had to leave so quickly. "Oh ok.." She started slithering back the way they came. She was slightly disappointed that what they found wasn't a lamia, as she could've found out how the village was doing and if her mother was still in charge of it.

Nomti heard the beating of wings just as the got to the top of the stairs. He gave Laelu a moment to catch her breath then grabbed her hand pulled as fast as she could go the second he heard angry hissing from below.
"Come on, we need to get to the Pyramids boundaries. Now. The wadjets can't pass into the land of the dead since they are unholy creatures. He heard angry hissing again and turned his head to see the two remaining Wadjet from earlier, this time much angrier, coming after them. "Hurry!" he started moving faster and whispered again, a green orb appearing in his hand. He launched it at the sand in front of them and immediately a creature with the upper half of a man and lower half if a scorpion crawled out, scowling at the wadjets. "He'll hold them off until we're safe, now hurry!"

Laelu quickened her slithering pace and for a second she looked back at the strange scorpion man. "I'm going as fast as I can." She mumbled and tried to push herself to move faster, the muscles in her tail were already burning from being overworked.

It didn't take too much longer before they passed the border, the pyramids could be seen in the distance. Nomti let go of Laela's hand and bent over, taking a deep breath. He hanted exerted nearly as much energy as the lamia, but after everything that had happened, he was tired. He turned back to see both Wadjet approaching, one of them with a few scorpion legs and tail sticking out of its mouth. The snakes stopped and hissed angrily, realizing they couldn't go any further and tried spitting but the venom dissipated as soon as it crossed the boarder. After a few minutes, the figured there was nothing they could do except leave, and leave they did.
"Stupid snakes," Nomti muttered and stood up straight.

Laelu sat down on her coils, absolutely exhausted. "Good grief.." She took a deep breath and stretched her tail out, rubbing at the throbbing muscles. "I don't think I'll be able to move much for a while.." She sighed tiredly.

"You don't need to... We're safe now," Nomti panted before whispering a few more words and in one hand another green orb appeared and in the other an orange one. He launched the orange one first and a fire and tent constructed themselves. He launched the green orb and out of the ground crawled not a scorpion man, but a mummy. His body was covered partially in wraps and held a cycle in one hand and wore a head dress.
"This is Ahmet," Nomti introduced the mummy, who moaned a greeting. "He'll watch over us while we sleep and wake us up if anything happens."

Laelu looked at Ahmet and blinked. "First snakes with wings then a scorpion man and now this.." She mumbled in amazement, she had never seen so many strange and interesting things in her entire life. Everything that had happened today suddenly began to sink in and she laughed nervously, wondering what she would've done differently if it had just been a normal day.

Ahmet moaned at Nomti, it sounded like question.
"No, you cannot eat her, she's a friend. Bad mummy, you should know better," Nomti scolded and Ahmet moaned again. "No. I'll give you a treat later, but Laelu is off limits, understand? Off. Limits." Ahmet moaned sadly and turned around, scanning the horizon. Nomti turned to look at Laelu, "He's like a dog. All he needs is a good scolding and he's fine.Mummies don't eat living flesh anyways, I don't know why he asks whenever I summon him," Nomti shrugged and slipped off the sandals he was wearing.

Laelu laughed more, this time normally. "I doubt I would taste very good anyways, but he can have some of the lizard. Luckily it hadn't come untied during everything that happened." She untied the lizard from her hip and looked at Nomti. "How about you, are you hungry?" She asked an smiled.

"Unless you're scared, there's nothing for me to eat," Nomti shrugged. "Anubites feed off of fear, although we do have stomachs and everything required for normal eating, I don't do that unless I need to," He sighed and rubbed his sore feet. "You can cook it over the fire if you want, that's what the spit is for," Nomti mumbled.

Laelu nodded and placed the lizard over the fire. "Well, if you get hungry let me know. I'll give you as much fear as I can." She yawned a bit and stared into the fire. "Hm.." She started to hum a tune that was almost lullaby-ish and began flicking the beads on her necklace as she waited for the lizard to cook.

Nomti lay down and let the warm sand remove the stresses of the day. He looked up at the stars and besides the cracking of the fire, Laelu's humming and the occasional moan from Ahmet, there was no sound and he relaxed, closing his eyes.
"Laelu, I understand you don't really have one anymore, but what was it like to have a family?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Harsh Day In The Desert (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus