Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Harsh Day In The Desert (Open)

Laelu Visali (played by LexiSama) Topic Starter

Laelu looked at the amulet and then at Nomti. "Hm.." She tied the amulet to her sash and slithered out of the tent where she could stretch and not worry about hitting Nomti with her tail. "Another day, another adventure." She murmured and stretched her tail out to its full length, yawning and brushing her hair with her fingers.
Nomti (played by EonRising)

Ahmet looked at Laelu for assistance, moaning sadly and waving his arm at her.

Laelu frowned and slithered over to Ahmet. "I think I might be able to fix you up a bit." She took the twine she had used on the lizard and looped it through the broken off arm. "Don't know how long this will keep it together though." She tied his arm back on, careful not to break it anymore that it already was. "There you go." She smiled.

Ahmet gave a grateful moan and limply patted her head before going back to his former position.

Several hours later, Nomti awoke and stretched, the desert sun just working it's way up. "Good morning," he yawned, turning to Laelu.

Laelu looked over at Nomti and smiled. "Good morning." She looked up at the sky. "So what are we gonna do today?" She asked, though she assumed more wadjet hunting.

"Well, I've got four wadjet wings already, I need eight more," Nomti said and summoned another green orb in each hand, both of which he launched at Ahmet. The first one completely repaired his arm, the second one sent him crumbling to dust, the sand swirling around his remains and back towards the pyramids. "How good are you with magic? You're clearly too scared to make your spear do any good against any kind of violent creatures, so how would you feel about learning some magic?" he said and picked up the twine that had been holding Ahmet's arm on, handing it to Laelu.

Laelu sighed and crossed her arms. "Remember how I said most lamias have good skills? I have none, whatsoever. All I'm good at is being a coward. But I suppose it would be good for me to learn something, even if I end up failing miserably at it." She sat down on her coils.

"Okay, let's start with something simple," Nomti sat next to the lamia, "Vuur," he said, holding his hand out and a flame flickered to life in his palm. "That's all you have to do to start it. Manipulating it is a lot harder though," he said and the flame crawled up his arm, over his shoulder and into his other hand.

Laelu stared at the flame in amazement. "Woah.." She had seen magic before, but it never ceased to pique her curiosity. Almost all the lamias in her family were able to use some sort of magic, most of it healing or illusion type.

"You try it," Nomti urged and extinguished his flame, then repeated the word, "Vuur," and this time his whole body lit up and he ran around acting like he was on fire, but after about ten seconds, he condensed the flames into a small ball in his hand.

Laelu laughed for a moment and then tilted her head. "Will it hurt?" She asked nervously, she wasn't fond of the idea of burning herself.

"Not the caster. It'll simply feel warm, although I don't know; I'm fire proof, so it doesn't hurt me. I don't think it can hurt you though," Nomti said and flicked his wrist up, the fire shooting up and arcing into his other hand.

Laelu frowned and crossed her arms. "Thats not very reassuring.." She sighed and watched the flame, feeling uneasy about trying it herself. "I'd rather be snake bait than burn myself." She mumbled sarcastically, hoping he wouldn't take her seriously.

"Just try it. Watch this," Nomti held out his hand, the flame flickering in his palm. "In case anything happens, just say this: weg," and the flame immediately went out.

Laelu bit her lip and sighed again. "Fine.." She held out her hand. "Vuur." She said nervously, her hand shaking a bit. She was going to be mad if this burned her and a angry lamia is not a good thing, even if the she is really weak and a coward.

The flame flickered to life in Laelu's hand and Nomti smiled. "See, that wasn't too hard. Now you need to learn to control it."

Laelu stared at it. "And how am I supposed to do that?" She said as calmly as she could, though she was even more nervous now that it was in her hand.

"The flame will do whatever you want it to, as long as you imagine it dong it," Nomti explained, conjuring his own flame. He shut his eyes for a moment and the flame shifted into the shape of a lamia, coiled up. "Any shape or anything can be created."

Laelu looked at Nomti's flame and then at her own. "Huh.." She tried imagining it becoming a lamia, or just a snake.

"Good," Nomti smiled as the flame changed shape. "It works the same way offensively or defensively," he said and thrust his hand out, a jet of flame shooting from his palm and into the sand. "Or like this," he said and the flame shot form his hand and spread around the camp in a ring of fire that shot into the air about ten feet.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Harsh Day In The Desert (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus