Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Mock the Badge or Own it (open)

Althalos Fizen (played by EonRising) Topic Starter

"I've got a spare Audi, Porsche or BMW you could borrow," Althalos sai with a wave of his hand. "And we should probably go together on this. Come on, I'll take you to my garage," he said and lead Aaron out of the interrogation room.
Aaron Mauston (played by PenGryphon2007)

Aaron was more than happy to leave the interrogation room behind, but he couldn't help feeling slightly quizzical about what had just happened. "So, did you come up with this idea on your own? Or did you run it by some of your fellow cops first?"

"I talked to the commissioner and the sheriff about it. They gave me the thumbs up for operation 'Cliche.'" Althalos guided Aaron down to the parking garage where all the officers civilian cars were parked and pointed to a dark blue McClaren MP4-12c and took his spot in the drivers seat.

Aaron whistled when he saw the McClaren, his eyes widening as he took in the sleek machine. "I would give my right leg to pilot this."

He entered the passenger side and buckled himself in, still gazing around him in shock. Definitely not what he'd expect an officer of the law to have as a personal vehicle.

"So," he cleared his throat and checked the passenger side mirror. "Where to?"

"This is only my work car," Althalos said with a smirk as the engine gave a whine then a roar as it started and he pulled out of the parking garage and into the streets. "My daily outing car is a Mercedes Benz SLS McClaren. Beautiful car."

"If you weren't a cop, I would accuse you of lifting these illegally," Aaron murmured. "I don't even get to race these types of cars on the circuit. Which is a pity, because these are real cars. Not pieces of metal meant to go fast."

He shook his head and looked out the window as the car sped down the road. "So, how fast can it go? Or rather, what's the fastest you've driven it?"

"210 miles per hour," Althalos shrugged, "I do it on a track though."
They soon came to a large garage system and Althalos pressed a button on the center console, raising all the garage doors at once. He revved the engine of his McClaren as her parked the car and guided Aaron towards three cars: a metallic grey Audi R8, a blue BMW M3 GT2 and a silver Porsche Carrera GT.
"Take your pick."

"What, no Lamborghini? No Ferrari or Ducati?" Aaron shook his head and grinned before walking around each car to get a feel for what they looked like. Each circuit concluded with a peek through the driver's side window to see the interior.

At last he stood back and crossed his arms, making his decision. The Porsche was too flashy even for his tastes, and the BMW looked like he was trying too hard. "I'll take the Audi R8." Simple, elegant, and just the thing to work his way up in street racing.

"Can I test drive it?"

"Sure, I'll take you to the track I use," Althalos said and opened the suicide doors to his Mercedes Benz SLS McClaren. "The keys are on a hook behind the car. Don't be afraid to make some noise on the road, just don't break any laws, got it?"

Aaron laughed and grabbed the keys off the hook. "You're kidding, right? The car isn't even moving and already it looks like it's breaking the speed limit."

He unlocked the doors and climbed into the driver's seat. He sat with a sigh of bliss, and then adjusted the seat for comfort and visibility. Hopefully Officer Fizen wouldn't mind. And then he stuck the key into the ignition and turned.

Oh the roar of the engine. It gave him goosebumps. "I think this is going to be the start of a wonderful friendship," Aaron said, though whether to the car or to the officer, he wasn't sure.

"I'm sure the Audi while like you too," Althalos laughed. "She needs some TLC, just don't scratch the paint. It's expensive as hell to get fixed," he warned as he pulled out of the complex, closing all the garage doors as he turned onto the main road.

Aaron pulled out after him, feeling out the clutch and shifting as needed. "Scratch the paint? I'd rather lose my arm than scratch the paint of this beauty."

He stuck close to Fizen's bumper, deciding to take his cues from the officer rather than charging off down the road willy-nilly, as he sometimes did in street racing. Still, the purr of the engine was almost worth idling.

It took about a half an hour to reach the track and Althalos was able to pull in and onto the spec course without so much as a glance from the guards but Aaron was immediately stopped. Althalos waved to the guards, signaling it was okay and he pulled up to the starting line of the track and rolled down hos window as Aaron approached.
"Let's race. Two laps, no dirty driving and try not to go off road alright?"

Recovering from the unexpected stop from the guards, Aaron took a moment to collect himself before nodded at Althalos' rules.

"Sure, no dirty driving. And I'll keep it on the track." He patted the wheel as he revved the engine experimentally. Two laps. He had a feeling that wasn't going to be long enough.

"Ready when you are," he called, and waited for the signal to start.

"It's a ten mile track with plenty of sharp bends so it'll be a good race," Althalis commented as a man got up an a podium and starte waving a green flag.
The mercedes immediately took off, engine roaring angrily as Althalos took off down te track and he drifted around the first 90 degree turn.

Aaron was a bit slower off the mark; but then he was in a new vehicle and about to push it to its limits. He didn't quite drift around the corner, he was too busy getting a feel for the handling of the car and the grip of the tires.

By the second corner, however, he had an idea of how the vehicle could handle, and so, rounding the second corner he mashed down on the pedal to go all out. He would, hopefully, catch up to Althalos by the fourth or fifth corner. If he could keep even with him by the end of the first lap, then he might have a chance to actually beat him in the second.

Althalis grinned as Aaron was swerving a bit, trying to get the feel for the Audi. The cop chuckled and floored it, roaring across a 2 mile straight away and drifted around the next two u-turns.

"So much for no dirty tricks," Aaron muttered, as he watched the Mercedes pull ahead. "Alright fine you wanna play that way?"

He shifted up a gear and focused grimly on the corners coming up. U-turns. Right. He pulled e-brake and drifted beautifully across the first. And then fought to get back up to speed for the second U-turn.

He was slowly starting to catch up, now that he was getting a feel for the car. "Let's go, Audi," he murmured, hearing the engine roar as he built up speed again.

There was a half-mile straight next and then an on-ramp styled corkscrew. Althalos went through the straight in about 15 seconds and then drifted all around the corkscrew, not breaking the turn at all.

Aaron zipped through the straightaway not more than two seconds behind, trying to catch up. More than that though he was memorizing the course so that next lap he could overtake. He took the corkscrew at three-quarters the speed Althalos took it, but he handled it smoothly and came out with no loss of speed.

He mashed down on the pedal again, his adrenaline pumping as he fought to catch up.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Mock the Badge or Own it (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus