Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Ideas, anyone?

I want to make a universe where it is a dystopia, where the government rules all aspects of your lives including marriage, curfew, how many babies you can have and when you will have them (women receive a pill that may or may not be filled with the baby making stuff; I.E. It could be birth control pills or it could be to make you have more estrogen (to have more eggs)), what sort of music you listen to, what you wear, where you go, etc. But there is a resistance brewing and if you're not with us then you're against us and we will not hesitate to take you down.

Women:
- You are the most controlled. The government takes you away from your family at a young age (15) and puts you into an institution that is locked up tight with "Mothers" waiting to teach you everything you need to know about being a wife. Cooking, cleaning, budgeting grocery/bills, everything so that when your husband comes home from work at night, you will be able to provide for him a nice home cooked meal, give him a massage and anything else he asks of you. There's a catch though, once you are matched, you will learn every like and dislike of your husband in order to please him more. You will be the ultimate stepford wife.

Men:
- The government teaches you the skills in order to make it in life. You will be under close scrutiny by every person you come into contact with. Anything you say or do will effect who you are to marry and where you go in life. The government resides that you make the rules and looks the othr way if you decide to beat your wife.

The Underground:
- There is an underground where there are clubs, hookers, and the gay and lesbian communities. There is also the resistance. They plot to take over what the government took from everyone; freedom. It may have changed a long time ago, but who would have thought they would still be like this.
Cody Wesson and Roosevelt Browning are ready and raring--that's exactly the setting they're made for. Of course, they'll be playing as Resistance. XD I'll even throw in Keith Hawkins as a double agent.
Minerva

Oh, I wish I could. But my availability is still down and even if it wasn't, I don't have time to make a new character. My only real human is Wraith/Rafe and I'd have to twist up reasoning to involve him... and my others are spirits and stuff. Though there's be no doubt they would keep to the underground. Hah.
Krissy Topic Starter

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I wish more people would sortakinda be more interested.
I am interested in this. It sounds like a blast. However like minevra my availablity is kinda effed for about a month. How many are involved or have you even started yet? I think I have or can make a character for this rp.
Krissy Topic Starter

I haven't started yet, but I'm just seeing if people would be interested yet.
Olivia Birch (played by Pineapple)

Krissy wrote:
I haven't started yet, but I'm just seeing if people would be interested yet.

Okay Kool :) well I have a free character slot. So I will get a chatacter put together for this rp because it sounds fun, and different!

EDIT

Okay new character created just need to fill in the info
TheLily

I can adopt one of my characters to this setting :)
This is pretty fertile ground
Sounds cool! I have a few slots open...might make someone for this. :)
Krissy Topic Starter

Do you guys have anything to add on to all of this?

Krissy wrote:
Do you guys have anything to add on to all of this?

Yes actually :3 when iy comes to babes, does the government go far as to control the sex of the child when someone is having a child?
Krissy Topic Starter

Not sex, no. But how many yes. You can only have one child. In very rare cases does the government ever let you have two.

Krissy wrote:
Not sex, no. But how many yes. You can only have one child. In very rare cases does the government ever let you have two.

Okay thanks. And one more question, in regards to the women. How would miscarriages and still born children be handled. How would tue woen be treated in these situations. I'm asking cuz so when I get into the nitty gritty bits about Olivia I don't muss something up
Krissy Topic Starter

Miscarriages and still borns wouldn't be considered children. Although the government does look upon the woman a little harder, watching her more closely just to make sure she isn't trying to sabotage the pregnancy.
This is fairly interesting, and I might very well be interested.

Krissy wrote:
Miscarriages and still borns wouldn't be considered children. Although the government does look upon the woman a little harder, watching her more closely just to make sure she isn't trying to sabotage the pregnancy.

Perfect thank you :)
I really like this idea!
This is a very interesting idea! I'd love to either make a new character for it, or AU one I already have.
Krissy Topic Starter

Do you guys think I should start a group?

Also, if you guys were to rp with this setting, how many of you guys will be women and how many would be men?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Ideas, anyone?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus