Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Raid of Aftbide (Open)

Tara Faolan (played by Iltheyn) Topic Starter

The warrior frowned. She didn't exactly agree with the methods but didn't see a particularly favorable outcome even if she did persist in helping Kerik. After all, she couldn't exactly vouch for his integrity as a person and the local lord put a degree of power into the militia's hands when he hired them. "I'll go, then. It feels wrong to avoid it."

"Thank you. I'll let you know." Faolan smirked to herself and turned into the tent, dropping her cloak and bag near one of its corners while moving to retrieve a cot.
Katja Sauer (played by paranoid_party)

Katja bowed a bit before the woman made her way out of the tent, most likely to walk back to where the man had signaled her.

Though there was no way to confirm it, the air started to feel slightly heavier, and perhaps this is what Katja had meant when she said you could feel the power of a demon; the doctor was attempting to heal him, and it was proving to be a difficult process. Besides for making breathing something more noticeable, however, there seemed to be no other effects yet.

Tara pulled the cot into the tent and set it up quietly, pausing briefly when the air changed but otherwise not acting on it. She pulled her bag toward the side of the cot and dug around inside before producing a leather flask, turning it over in her hands and staring at it. The warrior could feel that she didn't have much more energy left but wasn't certain that it'd be wise to fall asleep yet. These Knights had plenty of precautions and experience but she was capable of imagining a disaster in the most secure of situations; especially now.

Faolan's indecision lead her to put the flask down, resting her helm and coif next to it. She would wait, if just for a bit longer...

The camp was pretty quiet where Tara was; faintly, she would be able to hear yelling, and by the voices it was Drake and Katja. Which seemed a little surprising, considering how calm Katja had just seemed. Then again, they had only traveled together for a short time. There wouldn't be a whole lot of noise; most would be quietly reflecting on the few lives that had been lost in the village, or sleeping the entire ordeal off.

Listening, Faolan wondered after the yelling seemed to fade just what their contention was. There was plenty of space to be creative; instead of focusing on the most likely topics she decided to lean towards more light-hearted reasons as a way to calm herself down. Quiet like this after so much was difficult to adjust to for the warrior. After a little while she decided to remove her doublet, intending on doing the same for the hauberk when the days finally caught up to her.

It started with a dizziness she was all too familiar with-- the zombie-like sensation of staying between full awareness and sleep broke under it, like glass put to the hammer. She could try to stay awake but was inclined not to, uncertainty resulting in the woman lying down awkwardly, her right arm and leg dangling off of the bed haphazardly. Weariness had a funny way of convincing her that positions like that were natural but she'd likely feel partially numb in those limbs in the morning.

The next morning, there was a gruff voice outside her tent, "Woman, Katja sent me to wake you." And judging by the large shadow cast from the sun, it was day and the voice outside belong to Drake. He hadn't moved to step in, having some respect for the fact she was indeed a woman.

The camp was much livelier this morning; a little ways away swords could be heard clashing, and in the day time it was visible just how large the group was. For a militia group, Katja had amassed quite the herd, and a very diverse group at that. Elves, high and dark, mingled together and chattered quietly, orcs sparred against each other, and there seemed to be many humans in the group, mixing with the others. It was hard to see why some of them hadn't taken the path of Knighthood, as there were many capable looking men who could've easily been knighted. Instead, they had opted to work with others, and more than that, to be lead by a woman.

The voice seemed to rouse Tara from fitful sleep, evident to the orc only in the small gasp that came from the tent. Before she knew what was going on she'd already been sitting up. The woman took a few seconds to collect herself, grabbing the flask clumsily from the side of the cot and opening it for a drink. "...Alright." When the warrior stood the clink of the hauberk reminded her; she'd been sleeping in her gear the entire time. That explained why everything was sore, then. Faolan reached for a sword that wasn't there, remembered where it was and walked to the front of the tent to address the voice.

Just before exiting the tent she brushed fingers through her black hair and tossed the closed flask back onto the messy cot.

He was looking a little...worse for wear. The orc had bandages over his eye, and was looking pretty bruised up, like he had gotten into a fight. But he also looked absolutely pissed, which sort of made pitying the large man a little difficult. He glared down at her, "Come on. The idiot is sober and Katja's ready to ask her questions." And he was ready to get a few good punches in too.

He walked her through the tents, and a few Knights stared as she passed by. The only thing they shared in common for their clothing seemed to be the heavy, royal blue cloaks, printed with their crest on the back; everyone had one, some shorter than others and some outfitted with hoods, but besides for that there was nothing that suggested a uniform appearance. Drake even had one, though it seemed he didn't wear it often. Instead, his crest was displayed on his tunic, right above his heart.

He walked them into a tent, where Katja stood alongside a doctor. Marcello was sitting quietly in the back, his wings folded up against his back. His tail flicked towards the entryway when Drake walked in, and he perked up slightly; Tara. She had a scent much different than everyone else, as she had been around them less often, so it was much easier to pick her out. And Katja had Kerik tied to the center post that held the tent up, standing in front of the bandit with her hands folded behind her back once again. She smiled when she saw Tara, "I hope you're feeling well rested. Shall we begin, Kerik?" Her blue eyes slid back to the bandit, and the smile was gone, replaced with a tight lipped frown that was reminiscent of a mother preparing to scold a child. She wasn't in her plate amour this time, opting for a light tunic and breeches tucked into her leather boots, but her sword remained secured on her waist, and her hair remained tied back in a braid.

Tara furrowed her brow at the orc. It wasn't the most pity felt but the warrior got her fair share of black eyes and felt a bit of empathy, at least. Still groggy, she nodded and followed Drake through the camp. While walking she checked the orc's belt to see if perhaps he'd brought the sword with him. If not she'd have to ask him later. He might want to keep it but Faolan didn't think that he'd be allowed to.

Without something immediate to focus on the woman was rather self-conscious about the staring militia. She knew that there had to be plenty in the camp who were sleeping when they returned but she didn't realize there would be so many. Considering what she knew about the Knights, it would be inspiring if she didn't feel as though she were being judged. Outwardly it just seemed as though she were glowering into nothing.

When they walked in Tara took notice of Katja, then Marcello. Not wanting awkwardness between them after last night's incident, she offered a small, "Hello." The warrior listened to Katja, walking to one side of the tent and humming in confirmation. Kerik frowned up at the knight; now that he was sober the bandit had a monstrous headache. He also anticipated it would become much more monstrous before they were done.

The outlaw opened his mouth but realized speaking out of turn was something orderly figures punished captives for, so he shut up and waited for her to speak.

"Does the bandit clan Onyx sound familiar to you?" She said. Katja's voice was soft, like she wasn't interrogating the man but, having a lovely conversation and discussing something as simple as the weather, "Perhaps the name Iskra Sokol is a better identification?" Though her posture and voice was relaxed, the woman's intense blue eyes were focused on his face, looking for anything to tell her the information she needed to hear.

Tara watched quietly, her hand resting on the grip of her hunting knife since her sword was still absent.

Kerik gave Katja a puzzled look, glancing down to the right thoughtfully. "...No. --Wait... Oh, no. I was thinking of the stone." The drunkard gave her a 'sorry' smirk and shrugged.
Dylan (played anonymously)

(may i join?)

Dylan wrote:
(may i join?)

(Click this! And scroll to the last post.)

(That decision is up to iltheyn)

Katja just smirked back, taking a step away when Drake stepped in. He gave a devious grin, "I love it when they think they're smart." And then proceeded to backhand Kerik pretty damn hard, not once but twice. He went in for a third hit but Katja put her hand up and stepped forward again.

"Do you know the bandit clan Onyx." She wasn't going to take his sarcastic answer as a complete answer, he would address her with respect or they would do this all over again.

Kerik cussed and spat once Drake was interrupted. It took the man a moment to speak, largely because he was toying with something in his mouth with his tongue. The bandit pushed out a tooth, successfully dislodged by the orc's hand. He spat it out, took a breath and said, "I don't."

Tara grimaced, eyes on the tooth where it lay on the floor.

"Good, this is a step in the right direction then, assuming you're telling the truth." She smiled again, "So tell me, what's your name. I'd hate to spend this entire day calling you scum and filth, as is usually done. I prefer names, if feels friendlier." She was back at it again, chatting calmly despite his state, "The one who will be beating you is named Drake."

"Hey!! Don't go giving out my name!"

Katja didn't acknowledge the protesting of the orc, "So, tell us yours."

Despite clear displeasure at the situation the quip about names caused Tara to snerk. She expected, especially with such a noise that she'd be next but she didn't really mind. To cover her smirk the warrior drew a hand over her face to scratch her nose, looking back down at the captive.

Kerik was not of the same humor, wrinkling his nose and stating despite himself, "That's just hypocrisy. I did it first." Then he preemptively braced himself.

This time, Katja was the one who swung on him, delivering a swift punch to his jaw before her other hand grabbed his throat. She was in his face, inches from him, the smile still stuck on her lips.

"I asked you your name, you little brat. When I speak to you I expect an answer, is that clear?" She was squeezing too tight to allow him to speak, and she knew she was doing it, yet she gave a moment of silence as if expecting him to answer. Her smile had become cruel and taunting in those seconds, "What, no answer? Cat got your tongue, friend?"

Tara tighened her grip on the knife; she didn't intend to use it but she found herself wanting to stop Katja. It seemed hypocritical but the warrior knew already that this group had a different view of criminals.

Kerik grit his teeth, a choking noise escaping him while he tried in vain to speak. As dizziness started to find him his heart beat quicker, throbbing in sync with his increasingly distracting headache. The bandit turned his grimace into a grin at the knight and with little hesitation opened his mouth just to bite down on his own tongue. The choking sounds returned but he kept his teeth clenched, intent on severing it entirely if he could.

Katja released him immediately, grabbing his jaw and forcing his mouth open; she held his lower jaw so he couldn't shut it. She grinned at him, "Oh, you really are a smart one. Alright, fine. Doc, get over here, heal his tongue for me. "

The doctor signed, walking over to Kerik. He placed a hand over his mouth, and the elf shut his eyes, focusing for a moment. It only took a few seconds, a soft green glow being emitted from the mans palm before he removed his hand; Kerik's tongue was healed, though it would be a little numb.

"Drake, grab a gag. I'm going to leave him with you for a little while." She held his jaw until Drake brought the gag, tying it securely around Kerik's mouth so he couldn't try that again. And then Katja turned, looking to Marcello and Tara with a pleasant smile, "I suggest we all leave. We can return again later." The orc stood in front of the outlaw, staring him down. He didn't make a move again, just watching him with a little bit of a smirk.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Raid of Aftbide (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus