Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Masquerade (Open)

Eike Ortrun (played by Iltheyn)

The sorcerer found Umbra's reaction about as displeasing as one might expect but did not demand a more direct answer; he simply set aside his other tools and cracked his knuckles, while reminding himself of a translated chant he was only just going to try out. He was confident that it would work, though perhaps without as much efficiency as if he'd been back home. To him, magic was just as much about reaching out to the pieces of the world you wished to influence as it was an enigmatic energy; and since he was in Italy, he should be invoking in the local language, right? For good measure the man withdrew a thick book and laid it near the assassin. He opened it and flipped to a page depicting something normal humans at the time might find abhorrent; illustrations of anatomy, carefully drawn by an artist as foreign as him.

Eike was almost done preparing to chant when he felt a new warmth come from his lantern. He looked down at it in curiosity just in time to see Thalia appear, startled but only enough to twitch slightly away from her image. "Ah...!" He uttered, more fascinated the longer he looked. Her message was not so well received, however. The man waited as Thalia spoke, too torn between his own fear of being in the country and the nervousness of treating the elf to actually do anything until the goddess was gone.

He let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding and turned back to the assassin. "...Focus." Eike reminded himself. "This will feel funny, but please try to stay still." The sorcerer mumbled softly, eyes fixed on her lower torso. First he spoke in a Norse language, then in Italian and then in words beyond human linguistics; a word learned through intuition that someone without his talent wouldn't glean. When he spoke the third time, hands hovering over the elf the ribs were almost coaxed back together; albeit slowly. To Umbra, it would feel as though her own muscles shifted in ways she wouldn't be able to will, working together to push things back where they belonged.

Then, when it came time to mend her bones together the man would withdraw a new tool; a small knife he usually used for menial tasks, now dragged across the skin of his palm to draw blood. He hissed and watched; the fluid dribbled down his hand, each droplet disappearing before it could touch the floor. The exchange made, Umbra would instantly be able to feel the difference; a small degree of vitality would return to her and the bones would reform as they should.

Eike set aside his knife and pressed against the cut in his hand, smiling again at her. "Is there anything else out of place?"
Atoli (played by Beetlebelle)

At Umbra’s suggestion of cutting the laces, Atoli turned her back to the group in a surprising act of modesty and trust. It didn’t take long to sever the pesky strings and get the rest of the dress off before she shimmied into the tunic. The shirt was large on her and looked much more like a short dress on the petite creature as it ended at her scaled shins.

Atoli squirmed and fussed with it until she felt her feathers laid properly under the fabric, and was just beginning to turn back to the group when she heard Thalia speak. She started at the odd appearance in the lantern’s flame and exclaimed, “Whoa!” And looked between it and Romulus in a mixture of confusion and curiosity. She sat on her haunches and listened to the conversation with rapt attention until the lady in the flame poofed out of existence.

The puzzled harpy blinked in rapid succession and stared at the flame incase the being would reappear. After a few moments, a wave of guilt and anger passed over her feminine features as the fire woman’s words sank in, and she murmured, “That can’t be true, can it?” Atoli asked and looked to Romulus, her green eyes on his with a dark expression. Could they have started a slaughter of magical beings…because of their actions? The thought made the harpy’s blood run cold. “Did you know that…thing? It could have been lying… right?”

Atoli glanced away and back to the flame, by this point her hands were brushing over the smaller feathers on her arms nervously out of habit. Occasionally she would pluck out one or two that seemed misaligned or flawed and caused the skin underneath to redden. “And what’s this about a warlock? A friend of yours?...” Her words trailed off, unsure of what could be done at this time except but to flee and find safety… but where? And who would stop this sudden ‘cleansing’ of magic?...
Umbra Mortem (played by Lone_Otaku)

Watching warily, the elf sayed calm up until Eike mentioned his gift. She stared at him with a raised eyebrow, "Gift? What gift?" but her attention was drawn by Thalia's entrance. Her gaze was blankly turned towards the goddess, at which when mentioned she scoffed, and she listened, curious as to why she came to tell Romulus. With her message delivered just as quickly as her exit, Umbra blinked in confusion.

As Eike began chanting and the tingle that ran through her body unnoticed, Umbra cradled her head as questions began to bombard her other thoughts. Soon an ache bounced arouned in her head with gleeful abandon and the solitary elf decide she was leaving soon. Very soon. Her control of the shadows wasn't magic, but somehow she felt the guards who chased her would percieve it as so, and notice posters were turning into wanted posters.

Standing after Eike finished, she thanked him with an unusual pleasantness and strolled the short amount of space towards Atoli. Umbra leaned in, whispering in her ear, "Can I have my knife back?" and returning to a tense stance as her eyes wandered to her armor stand. I need to get my other weapons don't I? She answered herself, "Yep..." and sighed, a quick glance towards Romulus, Eike, the dark corners of the room and finally her weapon stand.
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Charles slid elegantly down into the seat pointed out to him by the Lady Aileen, calmly resting his hands on top of intertwined fingers. He did take note of her new colour scheme and shelved that away in his mind as another point to weigh up. While he didn't know what or even if it meant anything it would still be a consideration. Then not waiting to be spoken to he asked bluntly. "So may I question you on the reason for which you summoned me? What is this new irresistible deal which you supposedly have for me.?
Romulus Mannix (played by paranoid_party) Topic Starter

"Oh, I just wanted to irritate you with that bit." She waved her hand dismissively, "You may fully refuse but I feel like I know the kind of man you are too well, and this offer would be too good for you to ignore, yes?" She slid her letter away; the top read a name, 'Katja Sauer', and it didn't seem to be of this region, "I'm certain you've heard the King's new decree, banning magic, yes? And if any of the rumors about your family happen to be true, I know this puts you in a bit of a situation." Folding her hands in her lap, Aileen smiled, "The King is attempting to seize my husbands land, which is the cause for this heightened security. The demons and other fae of this land will be on edge. That Jester, he may be magic as well, which would make him antsy. But he's also cocky, and I have a way we can use him to our fullest advantage."

"Basically, Charles, I'm inviting you and your Kin to join me in overthrowing this King of ours. I have contacted a few of my close allies to assist; however, I am not afraid to admit that I do not have the same power as my husband had; I am a woman, and many do not respect me, with my husbands name or not. Having a powerful ally such as yourself would put serious backing behind this plan."

"That thing," Romulus sighed, adressing Atoli, "Is one of the sisters of the Siren I made my deal with. There's no way she could be wrong either; Elektra is a shallow creature, she will want no death to come to me if it means losing the colors I gave her."

"This warlock though...I don't make it a priority to mingle with magic creatures. Your type are more likely to see through my ruse..." He cursed quietly and laid his head back, silent for a moment.

The assassin had many plans, of course. He could run, save himself. That would be his normal course of action. But the fact was, he had caused this. He hadn't pushed them to correct themselves, Romulus had only made them worse men, motivated by fear and paranoia to be even worse than before. He could change his plan, go about helping the creatures and magically inclined escape the city and find a safer kingdom; more than that, he could go find this man that was mention, Lord Pentre, he could go and kill him. Yes, that would be a good bet....

"....but they'll just send someone more terrible...." He mumbled softly, shutting his eyes.
Taff Gelligen let Merthyr sleep and rest his body able to recover at a much quicker pace given the magic within. After they had a good and pleasant sleep, Taff opened the door of their room only to be unexpectedly confronted by a large amount of armed men.

"I am telling you, mylord... I am certain of it all... We were coming to the tavern to bring you reports of this Jester when I found the hat discarded. I followed this youngling here and his comrade, both soaked as ducklings. But this one, he had the bag, walking soaked to the neck to this very tavern, who knows for which dark purposes. You yourself are lucky to be alive, perhaps he didn't notice you here" frowned Stephen "Clearly he threw this hat so he wouldn't be noticed but we both have a keen eye, me friend and I, isn't it Bromley?" quizzed the brigand nudging his friend with a mug smile showing his yellowish rotten teeth

"Aye, aye, 'tis one's the olde devil himself" nodded Bromley with a sure nod of the head, finger at Taff

"There was blood and all on the floor and them black feathers, who knows if he ate the harpy so it wouldn't squeak... creatures of the dark have no loyalty or manners after all" nodded Stephen seeing the explanation a very plausible one.

"You are sorely mistaken, sirs, sorely mistaken" rejected Taff, his eyes opened broadly at the sudden, unexpected accusation.

Lord Tron Pentre couldn't smile any broader at knowing Taff at first glance, tossing a hefty reward at the pair of dubious witnesses to let them be on their way, waving his men to seize Taff and drag him away at once.

"Jester, you are under arrest for high treason, charged with murdering many a lord of the realm. The king himself is after your neck as much as any other grieved lordly family you happened to have double crossed" assured Pentre making sure to search the room. "You are also charged with sorcery for it is clear your magical practices aid you in your escapes and evasion of justice, but not this time, not any more" informed lord Pentre reading the charges.

Merthyr awoke with the chattering and protests from Taff, protests that were to no avail. "What on earth is going on here?" questioned Merthyr rubbing his sleepy eyes

"Seize this one too... for questionning" nodded Pentre happy to take the companion.

"Oh no, you won't do such a thing, no one is going to lay hand on me, no one manhandles the crown prince, lord knight Tron Pentre." frowned Merthyr raising his fist high enough to show the royal seal.

"Sire, what on earth are you doing here? Surely you are aware that you're under castle arrest by order of the king? You are not permitted to leave the royal fortress and roam at leisure, never mind dressed as a common peasant and unguarded" accused Lord Pentre waving his men to halt touching the royal, well aware of his boundaries and inferior position

"Release my manservant... at once..." demanded Merthyr firmly in a frown.

"Ahh no, that I cannot do, nor will I. See, your highness, this one is proven to be the Jester, he was present at every feast and event where a lord and his family have been executed and these two men of good standing swear and accuse Taff, not only of being the Jester but also of murdering his partner in crime" informed Pentre firmly showing the bells hat and the handful of blood stained feathers. "Your highness will forfeit the manservant and find yourself another, I will forget I have seen you here, out of place, and you will return to your quarters which you were not supposed to have left from in the first place. Failing to comply to this arrangement, I will place your highness under arrest for defying the king's orders and take you both back to the royal palace all the same. Difference is.. once the king knows of your defiance he will be in no mood to listen to your pleas. Now then, what is it going to be, prince Merthyr Tydfil?" questioned lord Pentre

Merthyr froze a few moments, worry, fear and rage brewing after being caught in such a difficult position yet the lord knight was right, if he was dragged to his father's presence in chains, the king would have Taff beheaded simply out of spite to teach Merthyr a lesson in so called obedience, whether guilty or innocent, whether the Jester or not. He muttered a silent sorry at his ever faithful friend and stood aside to let the men take Taff away, snatching the bag for himself. "Do as you please... but know that his death will be most costly to you... lord Pentre" frowned Merthyr

"I will personally behead him myself, your highness, it will be an honor to bring this Jester to justice once and for all and my trained hand will ensure him a quick and painless death" countered Pentre with a sly smirk as if doing the prince a favour by shortening the agony, he waved his men to take Taff away.

Taff stared grimly and darkly at the caged carriage that was used for transporting prisoners to their dreadful fates, but, he was not thrown in with the rest. Clearly, Pentre wanted to make sport of him, thus the guards tied him securely to the lord knight's horse to make him run afoot instead. The Jester hat firmly placed upon Taff's head for further humiliation

"Mayhap the Jester came from killing the lady Minelli... he is not known for doing half job's worth" spat Stephen, quite fond of the widow and spat on Taff's face in disgust at the perceived murder, he had already assumed in his half drunken angry mind

"Aye, I tell ye, 'tis one be the olde devil himself" nodded Bromley walking away pleased enough with the gold he had been paid

At such spoken words lord Pentre's eyes widened, the thought having not yet crossed his mind. The noble woman may be indeed vulnerable and unguarded and Taff had had ample time to do his dirty bloody business whilst Pentre was busy seeking more sorcerers.

"All men at arms, all knights ready, we are marching onto the local castle at once!" barked Pentre moving his over two thousand armed men at a quicker pace than if there was indeed an incoming attack, his heart racing with worry. If she had been killed his opportunity to hunt more sorcerers would certainly be abruptly ended and he would be sentenced to endure the ever winging peasants woes as the local lord. That thought made him shudder and make way to the fortress with much greater haste, causing Taff to run ragged by the man, were it not for magic's aid no way he could have possibly kept up. Luckily the town was not too far from the woman's residence

Upon reaching the place, lord Pentre waited patiently at the gate to be at least acknowledged, the royal banners and large mass of knights, guards and soldiers an unfailing sight that he wore the king's authority and the army's command

((OOC: I brought Pentre over to the palace so that the hanged man can reply too))
----

Merthyr slammed the door shut, feeling lost and angry at the sudden turn of events. His hands were tied and he had been forced to cave into the blatant blackmail, leaving him seriously worried about his friend's fate.

He went to sit by the fireplace, fingertips pressed together thoughtfully for a time. His mind scouted possible venues to get Taff out of death's grasp, his only real remedy being of course hiring this very daring Jester everyone spoke of, but how would he find him? That was still a mistery to him. The best place to start would be the taverns and if they didn't linger there perhaps he might find someone who did know them at least, thus, without further ado, he visited them, listening into conversations hoping against hope to find information on the famed assassin who was brave enough, and skilled enough to rescue his friend without failure.

(Sorry, forgot the ball was in my court.)

Eike took his time putting away the remaining medical supplies, delicately cleaning off his sewing needle with flame plucked from the lantern. When he judged the needle sufficiently heated up he replaced that as well and set about closing his satchel. The focused labor of a surgeon followed by putting the equipment away had a soothing effect on the sorcerer; though the situation had hardly changed, it caused him to feel at least somewhat more in control. He listened absently to the other three and scratched his chin peering at the mess Umbra had made on the floor. Was it worth it to clean up? He focused on the elf a moment, trying to judge whether or not she might be thinking of fleeing as he was.

Regardless, it would leave less of a mark. Eike withdrew a water skin and manipulated the fluid within to creep out, murmuring quietly throughout. With difficulty he pressed the liquid partially through the wooden floor, trying to gather up all of the undesirable material in a translucent bubble. Then, compacting it so that no air was left between the water and gross things, the sorcerer froze it solid; it dropped into one of his hands, looking clean despite what was trapped within.

Even something so superfluous took another toll from the man. He looked at the others for some assistance; sure the mess was contained but he still had to throw the thing away. "...Ehm. Is there a place I can get rid of this?" He smiled, awkwardly.

Atoli leaned away from Umbra and glared at her, disliking the closeness. “Your knife? I took it from that one-“ She nodded to Romulus, “-when he took a tumble after bumping into magic man over there…" She reffered to Eike, and continued. "Speaking of which, I don’t know if I got anyone’s names just yet, what do I call you three? I’ve already given my name freely, its time I know yours I think.” Atoli huffed, and took out the dagger from the waist band of her baggy shorts and tossed it into a corner; deciding to give it to no one. They could get it themselves.

After a brief pause Atoli looked to Romulus and asked, “Colors?...” And looked at his hair and his skin tone, curious. “So you weren’t always so pasty, hmm? And making deals with sirens? Tsk...” The harpy glanced away and brushed her feathers for a moment.

Atoli watched Eike clean up Umbra’s mess, looking repulsed but impressed at the odd application of magic. When the wizard looked to them she wrinkled her nose and stomped over and snatched the disgusting looking globe up and walked into the bedroom. She kicked open the chest that once held clothes and unceremoniously dropped it inside before stomping back to the group, collected the clothes on the floor, and dropped them into the chest and slammed the lid shut. She walked back now to them with her arms crossed in front of her chest. “There.” Atoli gave Eike a nod; problem solved!

She looked to Romulus, “What are you going to do now?... You know that this situation we’re in and the hunt of magical folk is because of you…” The harpy’s words didn’t carry any accusatory bite to them. She just wished to know what the assassin planned to do next.

“And I’m sick of this place, I want out.” Her head whipped to look at Umbra, the small space of the room was starting to give the creature claustrophobia. “Where are we, exactly?”

With a quick glance to where she laid earlier and swept her dirk from the floor, muttering, "Must of dropped it," with a quick hum she turned towards Atoli as she dropped to orb into the chest. Walking forward, brow furrowed, she scooped up the frozen mess and dropped into a shadow, it sunk into nothingness as she looked back to the harpy, "We're in a small underground area on the outskirts of the city, no door, but if you want out, just take the shadows,"

Charles' face remained placid, not changing one bit while he listened to the plan being outlined infront of him. Upon completion, he stood up and began to gently begin walking in a wide circle around the chair in which the lady was sat. "You know this .... proposition of yours does give me a few questions that I would like confirmed. I'm sure that they won't take much time so please humour me with my little queries."

He paused, waiting two seconds before continuing, making the assumption that if she had been this desperate to call him, she couldn't readily refuse. " So the first question is what rumours might you have heard about our family, because if it the one stating that magic acts as a poison to our blood then there is no secret to that one. You already tried destroying our business in your lands once, what guarantee can you give of why that would not be repeated? Finally, what would be my families reward? If you wish for our cooperation then you must provide some end goal for us to work for. Which before you say, is not greed talking, this would involve me and my family risking the lives of everyone under our employment and that is not something we will do lightly. "

"Julius' family has owned this land for centuries," She said bitterly, frowning at the man, "The strongest assurance in this plan is that I do not have the time to play games. The King has made it clear, a woman is not fit to hold this land, whether her husband has passed or not," She pushed the letter from the King out onto the table, "Truly, I am desperate. From this, I simply want reformation. This King of ours has pushed long enough; if he were to fall from his throne, and the prince to take up his position, we may find ourselves in a much different situation. He is younger, less prone to the bitter prejudices of the older men who have lead."

Aileen seemed unphased by his circling; though it gave off the feeling of a shark circling a diver, she was cool and collected, watching him, "What I can offer you is stability. I have connections most would not have, to things most would not care to admit, but more than that, I have anonymity. I don't need you to risk your life or your families, I need you to sway some of the older families. You have influence among many, I know some of the lower lords of the land would come to feel the same about the King if they heard you too had a distaste for him. The act, as I said, we can use the Jester to carry it out."

"I....I don't know." He sighed, "I have to fix this somehow, but I've never played the Hero before..." Romulus was obviously bothered, and while that was ironic in a sense, it was reasonable. He killed for a living, yes, but the deaths of innocents were going to be on his hands. That wasn't something he could take lightly.

Eike observed with growing mirth as the ice-encased mess was handed about, relieved to see when umbra finally disposed of it. He wondered just exactly where but decided it wasn't important enough to know. "I am Eike, friend." He intoned, taking note as Umbra explained how to leave. He didn't really want to leave at that point; not out of a bond with the trio but a desire to help the newly oppressed if the others resolved to.

"...I do not mean to assume too much but I see a potential to help already, if slightly. The man chewed his bottom lip nervously, causing his silly stache to twitch like a cat's whiskers. "There will be a hunt no doubt. There will be many who cannot escape themselves. It is foolhardy but I would like to help them avoid the king's men; I think you'd be quite good for that."

Atoli’s arms were still folded in front of her as she listened to the group converse. Her brows furrowed, “And which shadows will lead where, exactly?...” She asked Umbra, and glanced about the room a little nervously as if they would swallow her up. The closeness of the room unnerved her still, setting her on edge.

The harpy thief looked to the pale assassin on the floor and said in a matter of fact tone, “Fix it by finishing what you started, then. You go for only royalty and higher classes right? Maybe you should hurry up on that and be less… flashy about it.” She tilted her head to eye his wound. She knew that what she suggested would be very unlikely though, considering his injury.

Eike spoke up, and at his demeanor, her eyebrows unfurrowed as she relaxed slightly. She was still hesitant about the wizard but he seemed to mean well. ‘Much more than the others… myself included.’ Atoli thought to herself. There was still a tone in her voice when she mimed his wording back to him and said, “Out with it then, friend.”, though it seemed more of a teasing manner than out of malice.

She paced to a small shadow in one corner of the room and carefully poked it with one toe. Atoli thought about the masquerade briefly. So much had happened so quickly there, and the image of blood on the marble floors and the Crow’s deadpan eyes stuck in her memory, causing her to shiver; ruffling her feathers slightly as if she got a sudden chill.

Umbra peered at Romulus and Eike, they were absolutely insane if they thought they were going to help the magic-users. To her, they were nothing more than a minority, if Romulus hadn't started playing involuntary hero by eliminating lords and ladies, then maybe superstitions wouldn't be thrown around against mages, or magicians, or whatever they called them these days. The rant about instilling fear into corrupt citizens, noble or not, was considered as inadvertency on Romulus' part by Umbra. She didn't agree with the reason he killed or the manner in which he went about it and that was enough for the elf to disagree with his plans.

Instead she turned on her heel, stepping soundlessly across the room to a chest opposite to the armor stand. Opening it, she began to collect her weapons buckling the sheath for both her blades onto her back, clipping a folded crossbow onto the back of her belt. The rapier already at her hip, Umbra stood, looking like she was prepared to take on an army. Of course she was now prone to doing the opposite, looking towards Atoli as the harpy shivered. With a blank look set atop her complexion she asked Atoli, "Are you ready to leave?" with a sidelong glance at Romulus she turned. Addressing both the doctor and rival assassin Umbra sighed, "What of you two, do you want to leave? Or keep rambling along about saving these mages?" She had opted for using the word mage, it rolled off the tongue better. Her previous thoughts seemed fit to be left unvoiced, so she did just that.

Charles did not for one second stop his circling, instead, it became timed, measured. No step out of place and no circle longer or shorter than the last. The reformation that she was talking about was an idea that he agreed with, wholeheartedly believing that there needed to be a change of management. Only to him, the change was not one monarch to another or even a reformation in the Lords. His idea was of a new class, one of merchants and industry, not that he was going to say that out loud. "Oh, don't be so naive, the current lords are behind the king. The prince, if you did persuade him away from the path of his father, wouldn't last longer than a field of corn in a fire."

"For me to speak up against the king would not get them to listen, just make me another enemy. Besides the Jester attacks would be too well timed, using it would never allow for power to hold for long. For one, he is no matter what just one person who is may I remind you in a war with the aristocracy. Using the timing of the attacks to push your agenda forwards will to many make you look sympathetic towards him, or even worse, his ally."

He stopped directly infront of her swivelling to face her head on. "What you need for better or worse is something else and the way I see it you have two choices: One you join the system you despise and try to change it over time from within or, Two you get an army and you change it with force. Now I could very easily provide the second."
Taff remained quiet, the bells on his silly noticeable hat ringing whenever he dared move the head, leaving him all the more mortified

He glanced with pity at the other prisoners who were undoubtedly going to regret encountering lord Pentre with certain torture hovering over them and perhaps death to encounter soon enough, his fate likely to be no better, but he stood patiently outside, attached to the horse by heavy chains and thick ropes as if a dangerous criminal, wondering what lay ahead

He couldn't refute the well made points that he had been present at all events where The Jester struck and had certain easy access to lords and royalty being a manservant to the prince. In his defence he wanted to point out that the king and nobles he served had not run into harm but he knew how stubborn Pentre could be, it was no use trying to protest his innocence, the lord knight wouldn't listen

Merthyr Tydfil spent time at each tavern, markets and gatherings, he listened attentively to no avail, starting to loose hope to ever encounter The Jester at all never mind in a timely fashion

Lord Pentre reminded still by the gates, his far superior number of heavy armed and well trained warriors giving him peace of mind and patience to continue waiting

Aileen didn't look bothered by his circles, though she seemed to make note of the systematic way he moved. And when he began scolding her, she seemed to just take it; she was fully aware she did not have a great understanding, but she felt she had the drive, "I'm not talking about using his attacks. I'm talking about using him. I can get the Jester here. I can get him to do as we please, in his own name. But...raising an army certainly wouldn't be too difficult, especially with the help I have just called in."

"I need to head into the city." Romulus said firmly, "Eike will accompany me. They will not know his face just yet, and I can use the company." At this, however, he flushed a little pink, "Excuse me for a moment...." And stepped into the dark of the room. Only a moment later, he had reappeared, but it was hardly easy to identify that it was him, besides for his clothing. His body was thinner and more feminine, his grey hair now long and the color of the towering oaks in the forests nearby, "I can't change everything as much as I'd like," He spoke calmly, and slower than before; a sultry tone that rolled off his tongue, "But I can change enough to get me by. I need to find out about this Lord Pentre."

((Hey yall, I'm sorry for being gone. I know I've said it a lot but I'm going through some difficult stuff right now soooo))

Eike first looked over at Atoli as she teased and inquired about his idea. Too polite for any of this, the sorcerer decided to wait until Umbra had spoken to try and reply-- and that was when Romulus seemed to make his decision. He realized that the jester gave no indication of whether or not he agreed but matters were presently out of his control, so he shrugged at the harpy and said. "Well, something certainly will happen." He smiled sheepishly.

He did not bring more attention to the nature of the shift in Romulus' identity; it was well within the others' knowledge that he was capable of such things. He did give a gentle nod and quiet compliment on his choice, though. Hearing about Lord Pentre made the man somewhat uncomfortable and he wondered if the noble enforcer would have access to illusory tricks of his own.

“Of course I’m ready.” Atoli replied to Umbra. When she turned back to the group to look at them, she saw how Romulus had changed and burst out into sharp cackles of laughter. “AWHAH! Ohhh! You sure you don’t wanna try on a dress? That would be perfect for you now!” Her eyebrows raised as she grinned at him, all sharp teeth and with her green eyes glittering in amusement. The little harpy had figured he had some sort of appearance changing magic already, but she did not realize that extended to that of the opposite gender.

Atoli took in a few breaths as her laughter faded, and she then saw how armed to the teeth Umbra now was, her smile went with it. “…And what do you plan to do? Kill the king and all his knights in that getup?” She shifted a little nervously and shrugged. “As long as none of those are pointed at me I don’t really care either way… I am ready to leave.”

((This may seem expected for those of you that have recently checked Umbra's page. I'm building up to drop out. I really need to get some work in on this character and others. I apologize in advance))

The assassin was deathly quiet, eyes unmoving from the ground as her brain worked, backup plans for backup plans with backup plans. Her shadow working sure wasn't magic, but it would be percieved as so and since the guards saw her escape, they would know about it. A slow and long breath escaped Umbra, taking into account what Atoli had said sh moved across the room once more, searching for a roll of cloth. Walking out in public armed as she was would draw too much attention. With a light hand, she began to wrap up her weapons, keeping the crossbow and a few bolts in a quiver. She took the bundle of blades and stuffed them into a pack, slinging it over her shoulders and onto her back.

Without so much of glance at the Romulus, Umbra grabbed both him and Eike and shoved them into a corner. They disappeared silently into the black, probably falling out of an alleyway somewhere. Turning towards Atoli, the elf kept a neutral expression and asked, "Destination? Or are you planning on coming with me? I'm planning on getting away from all this nonsense, probably head back to my family and visit for a bit. I haven't decided fully,"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Masquerade (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus