Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Masquerade (Open)

Eike Ortrun (played by Iltheyn)

"Common sense between a foreign man and a murderous magic elf is not so common," Eike replied, kneeling nearby regardless. With much more work now ahead of him, the man made quick work of unpacking what seemed like half of his backpack (though judging by its persistent swell, there was much more inside) in order to operate. "If I were not here against my will, I might write you a bill." He smiled, fully expecting the other three not to appreciate his humor. Mostly it was to ease his own nerves as the man took a jar and bottle from the pile.

Assuming that he was allowed to work, Eike would use the bottle (filled with clean water) to rinse some of the blood from her gashes. He'd offer Mortem a sip of wine from a much smaller bottle just before stitching the worst of them closed. While working he'd murmur in two other languages; some reminders for his work and some strings of spoken incantation. Then came the bones; a matter the sorcerer found outside his physical capabilities. "I want to fix these," He'd say, gesturing toward her arm though he knew her ribs had to be broken as well. "But I have to use my gift. Do you trust me?"
Atoli (played by Beetlebelle)

“A little tumble… down a mountain?…” Atoli asked and inched away from the elf… particularly from the vomit on the floor. She scooted the clothes away from the mess as well, her nose wrinkled as she did so. As Eike and Umbra were busy, the harpy took the time to hold the rest of the clothes up to herself; all of which were too long or big for the petite creature. Atoli was still wearing the torn top part of her dress and wanted to change, one of those would have to work for now...though she didn't mind the pantaloons she still had on.

“Are these yours?” She asked the elf as she began to tear the sleeves off a simple dark blue linen tunic, though it looked nearly black in the lighting of the room. After they were off she started working on getting out of the bodice; tugging and fidgeting at the crisscrossed lace in the front. She let out a huff of frustration through her nose and wondered why she even bothered getting into the damned thing; her efforts at the party were complete failure…

(Pantaloon is such a funny word)
Umbra Mortem (played by Lone_Otaku)

Umbra accepted Eike's treatment, giving a groan in response to his question, she looked over to Atoli. With a sigh, she explained, "Unfortunately for me, it wasn't off of a cliff, it was twenty feet mid-air," another sigh, "and as you know, assassins and soldiers don't mix well,"
Wincing at the stitches and shifting as she took a sip of the wine, Umbra chuckled weakly. As Eike worked, she let out a whine, "Yes those are mine, don't ruin any of the dresses, please," a frown came to her face, "That was a good tunic too,"

She lied on the boards with her head propped up on her arms, looking over to Atoli as she fidgeted with the bodice of her ruined dress. Umbra scoffed at the harpy, unsheathing the hunting dirk at her belt and offering it, "Just cut it, there's no need for any of that if it's nearly ripped to shreds already,"
anon (played anonymously)

Taff gave Merthyr a sleeping draught mixed inside his warm tea that he offered up to the prince and waited till he was asleep. Then he waved his hand and wrist in a quick circular motion to seal the room with a wall of silence so no one would listen to the conversation. He came to the fireplace in a stern voice, arms folded neatly behind his back as he paced restless. "Thalia, come to my presence, I have an urgent task for you" commanded the warlock pacing around the room

"My my I'm surprised you still remember our names warlock, it's been ages since you last bothered to acknowledge me, finally choosing to join us then, Gelligen?" asked Thalia emerging from the flames in the shape of a young woman, a smirk across her face knowing things were dire if Taff took the risk to summon her in the middle of the city itself.

"Not at all, I called you because you must reach out to any creature or magic wielder, especially the human, the lad you girls gifted... nay... cursed, and tell them that King Conrad has outlawed magic and they are being hunted. Lord Pentre himself was appointed to the task and he is brutal" explained Taff giving a head's up to the prey of this bloody hunting game that had just begun. He waved the spell away, laying down to rest tiredly on the floor, by the hot embers, joining Merthyr in having a restful sleep. They both certainly needed it after the effort.

Thalia left with a strong gush of wind that swept through the room out the window whisking her away to the given task. The three elemental siblings, Elektra, Thalia and Gaia talked briefly among them and scattered to spread the grim news for others to take heed. Since Elektra was locked in water, she could not reach out to Romulus, strictly as demanded, so she sent Thalia instead, who entered the building where the assassins were gathered by using the flames of the lit up latern, making her presence known in the room. She was not going to linger much, just tell the message and leave. "Greetings.... lad... I bring a message from the sea... a word of warning for you, if you care to listen" saluted the beauty briefly nodding at the elf and the harpy in a friendly smile of acknowledgement, yet leaving them to their task, as she addressed Romulus
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Charles looked oddly at the number of guards atop the wall, pondering on the nature of so many being stationed ready to defend. He was just preparing to turn and leave when the sallyport opened and Crow called him in.

"Took your sweet time, I was just ready to leave."

Striding through he would follow Crow to where Aileen was, all the while preparing himself for the possible bargaining. One thing was for sure, he was not going to let her go easily for attempting to ruin his business in this sector of the kingdom.
Romulus Mannix (played by paranoid_party) Topic Starter

Aileen was sitting in her late husbands study when they arrived, a cup of tea in her lap while she poured over a letter. No longer did she wear the black gowns for mourning; now, she wore bold colors, red and black and white, and it would give off a faint reminder of the killer who had ended her husbands life. She gave a tired smile to them, "Come, Sir Charles, sit." She gestured to the chair across from her, moving her tea to the table beside her. And then she smiled at Crow, "Please, go rest. I know I'm working you quite hard; I have called upon some...questionable people, to assist the guard, but please don't worry yourself with them. The others will allow them in."

Romulus frowned at her, "A warning from the sea...? Are you speaking of that sea witch? Is something the matter with her?" He scooted closer to the lantern, watching Thalia with wary eyes. He didn't trust them, but if any messages from the sea was for him, it was from that siren he had spoken with.
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man looked a little lost when Aileen dismissed him. He hesitated at the door before bowing to her and mumbling, "as you command, lady." Green eyes followed Charles for a moment longer--he didn't well trust the man, but Aileen had lesser guards watching over her. He backed out of the study.

She was right. He could rest. And he was so tired, but when his eyes shut his mind still whirled, and sleep eluded him. He was loathe to dip into the bottle again but it was the only thing that would let him relax. That, and perhaps sharing his bed. He dare not seek a partner, however, lest word spread. There were already enough ugly rumors about him, bound to get all the uglier due to their delicate situation. It would only be a fleeting release anyway, and with wine there were fewer complications in the morning.

Crow nipped a bottle from the winecellar, then dragged himself to his room. Once it was empty, he collapsed facefirst onto his bed and tried to forget the dire situation they were in ...
anon (played anonymously)

"Sea witch?! Plllllease... we are goddesses not witches...." clarified the woman "I'm Thalia of the wind, ice and fire, Elektra is of the waters and Gaia of the earth, you can call on us for favours and gifts so long you have something to offer in return. But beware that we won't always grant all your wishes though" smiled the woman broadly.

"My sister Elektra cares a great deal about her new looks, at your expense, it would be a pity any deadly harm came to you and ruined them. Besides, the warlock demands that we send you a word of warning, so pay attention and listen up" pointed out Thalia followed by a light cough to compose herself to deliver the message

"King Conrad Tydfil has outlawed magic across his realm and its kingdoms, you are being hunted as we speak, many creatures and magic wielders have already perished, many more to follow. Lord Pentre himself was appointed to the cleansing task and he is brutal, should you be caught, there will be no mercy, just torture and certain death, other lords are following suit as well so tread with caution when you walk among men. With that said... I bid you farewell... ta-ta..." finished off Thalia, snapping her fingers to quickly vanish into nothingness leaving but the dim flame in the latern that she came out of, not waiting for a response or further questions.

The sorcerer found Umbra's reaction about as displeasing as one might expect but did not demand a more direct answer; he simply set aside his other tools and cracked his knuckles, while reminding himself of a translated chant he was only just going to try out. He was confident that it would work, though perhaps without as much efficiency as if he'd been back home. To him, magic was just as much about reaching out to the pieces of the world you wished to influence as it was an enigmatic energy; and since he was in Italy, he should be invoking in the local language, right? For good measure the man withdrew a thick book and laid it near the assassin. He opened it and flipped to a page depicting something normal humans at the time might find abhorrent; illustrations of anatomy, carefully drawn by an artist as foreign as him.

Eike was almost done preparing to chant when he felt a new warmth come from his lantern. He looked down at it in curiosity just in time to see Thalia appear, startled but only enough to twitch slightly away from her image. "Ah...!" He uttered, more fascinated the longer he looked. Her message was not so well received, however. The man waited as Thalia spoke, too torn between his own fear of being in the country and the nervousness of treating the elf to actually do anything until the goddess was gone.

He let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding and turned back to the assassin. "...Focus." Eike reminded himself. "This will feel funny, but please try to stay still." The sorcerer mumbled softly, eyes fixed on her lower torso. First he spoke in a Norse language, then in Italian and then in words beyond human linguistics; a word learned through intuition that someone without his talent wouldn't glean. When he spoke the third time, hands hovering over the elf the ribs were almost coaxed back together; albeit slowly. To Umbra, it would feel as though her own muscles shifted in ways she wouldn't be able to will, working together to push things back where they belonged.

Then, when it came time to mend her bones together the man would withdraw a new tool; a small knife he usually used for menial tasks, now dragged across the skin of his palm to draw blood. He hissed and watched; the fluid dribbled down his hand, each droplet disappearing before it could touch the floor. The exchange made, Umbra would instantly be able to feel the difference; a small degree of vitality would return to her and the bones would reform as they should.

Eike set aside his knife and pressed against the cut in his hand, smiling again at her. "Is there anything else out of place?"

At Umbra’s suggestion of cutting the laces, Atoli turned her back to the group in a surprising act of modesty and trust. It didn’t take long to sever the pesky strings and get the rest of the dress off before she shimmied into the tunic. The shirt was large on her and looked much more like a short dress on the petite creature as it ended at her scaled shins.

Atoli squirmed and fussed with it until she felt her feathers laid properly under the fabric, and was just beginning to turn back to the group when she heard Thalia speak. She started at the odd appearance in the lantern’s flame and exclaimed, “Whoa!” And looked between it and Romulus in a mixture of confusion and curiosity. She sat on her haunches and listened to the conversation with rapt attention until the lady in the flame poofed out of existence.

The puzzled harpy blinked in rapid succession and stared at the flame incase the being would reappear. After a few moments, a wave of guilt and anger passed over her feminine features as the fire woman’s words sank in, and she murmured, “That can’t be true, can it?” Atoli asked and looked to Romulus, her green eyes on his with a dark expression. Could they have started a slaughter of magical beings…because of their actions? The thought made the harpy’s blood run cold. “Did you know that…thing? It could have been lying… right?”

Atoli glanced away and back to the flame, by this point her hands were brushing over the smaller feathers on her arms nervously out of habit. Occasionally she would pluck out one or two that seemed misaligned or flawed and caused the skin underneath to redden. “And what’s this about a warlock? A friend of yours?...” Her words trailed off, unsure of what could be done at this time except but to flee and find safety… but where? And who would stop this sudden ‘cleansing’ of magic?...

Watching warily, the elf sayed calm up until Eike mentioned his gift. She stared at him with a raised eyebrow, "Gift? What gift?" but her attention was drawn by Thalia's entrance. Her gaze was blankly turned towards the goddess, at which when mentioned she scoffed, and she listened, curious as to why she came to tell Romulus. With her message delivered just as quickly as her exit, Umbra blinked in confusion.

As Eike began chanting and the tingle that ran through her body unnoticed, Umbra cradled her head as questions began to bombard her other thoughts. Soon an ache bounced arouned in her head with gleeful abandon and the solitary elf decide she was leaving soon. Very soon. Her control of the shadows wasn't magic, but somehow she felt the guards who chased her would percieve it as so, and notice posters were turning into wanted posters.

Standing after Eike finished, she thanked him with an unusual pleasantness and strolled the short amount of space towards Atoli. Umbra leaned in, whispering in her ear, "Can I have my knife back?" and returning to a tense stance as her eyes wandered to her armor stand. I need to get my other weapons don't I? She answered herself, "Yep..." and sighed, a quick glance towards Romulus, Eike, the dark corners of the room and finally her weapon stand.

Charles slid elegantly down into the seat pointed out to him by the Lady Aileen, calmly resting his hands on top of intertwined fingers. He did take note of her new colour scheme and shelved that away in his mind as another point to weigh up. While he didn't know what or even if it meant anything it would still be a consideration. Then not waiting to be spoken to he asked bluntly. "So may I question you on the reason for which you summoned me? What is this new irresistible deal which you supposedly have for me.?

"Oh, I just wanted to irritate you with that bit." She waved her hand dismissively, "You may fully refuse but I feel like I know the kind of man you are too well, and this offer would be too good for you to ignore, yes?" She slid her letter away; the top read a name, 'Katja Sauer', and it didn't seem to be of this region, "I'm certain you've heard the King's new decree, banning magic, yes? And if any of the rumors about your family happen to be true, I know this puts you in a bit of a situation." Folding her hands in her lap, Aileen smiled, "The King is attempting to seize my husbands land, which is the cause for this heightened security. The demons and other fae of this land will be on edge. That Jester, he may be magic as well, which would make him antsy. But he's also cocky, and I have a way we can use him to our fullest advantage."

"Basically, Charles, I'm inviting you and your Kin to join me in overthrowing this King of ours. I have contacted a few of my close allies to assist; however, I am not afraid to admit that I do not have the same power as my husband had; I am a woman, and many do not respect me, with my husbands name or not. Having a powerful ally such as yourself would put serious backing behind this plan."

"That thing," Romulus sighed, adressing Atoli, "Is one of the sisters of the Siren I made my deal with. There's no way she could be wrong either; Elektra is a shallow creature, she will want no death to come to me if it means losing the colors I gave her."

"This warlock though...I don't make it a priority to mingle with magic creatures. Your type are more likely to see through my ruse..." He cursed quietly and laid his head back, silent for a moment.

The assassin had many plans, of course. He could run, save himself. That would be his normal course of action. But the fact was, he had caused this. He hadn't pushed them to correct themselves, Romulus had only made them worse men, motivated by fear and paranoia to be even worse than before. He could change his plan, go about helping the creatures and magically inclined escape the city and find a safer kingdom; more than that, he could go find this man that was mention, Lord Pentre, he could go and kill him. Yes, that would be a good bet....

"....but they'll just send someone more terrible...." He mumbled softly, shutting his eyes.
Taff Gelligen let Merthyr sleep and rest his body able to recover at a much quicker pace given the magic within. After they had a good and pleasant sleep, Taff opened the door of their room only to be unexpectedly confronted by a large amount of armed men.

"I am telling you, mylord... I am certain of it all... We were coming to the tavern to bring you reports of this Jester when I found the hat discarded. I followed this youngling here and his comrade, both soaked as ducklings. But this one, he had the bag, walking soaked to the neck to this very tavern, who knows for which dark purposes. You yourself are lucky to be alive, perhaps he didn't notice you here" frowned Stephen "Clearly he threw this hat so he wouldn't be noticed but we both have a keen eye, me friend and I, isn't it Bromley?" quizzed the brigand nudging his friend with a mug smile showing his yellowish rotten teeth

"Aye, aye, 'tis one's the olde devil himself" nodded Bromley with a sure nod of the head, finger at Taff

"There was blood and all on the floor and them black feathers, who knows if he ate the harpy so it wouldn't squeak... creatures of the dark have no loyalty or manners after all" nodded Stephen seeing the explanation a very plausible one.

"You are sorely mistaken, sirs, sorely mistaken" rejected Taff, his eyes opened broadly at the sudden, unexpected accusation.

Lord Tron Pentre couldn't smile any broader at knowing Taff at first glance, tossing a hefty reward at the pair of dubious witnesses to let them be on their way, waving his men to seize Taff and drag him away at once.

"Jester, you are under arrest for high treason, charged with murdering many a lord of the realm. The king himself is after your neck as much as any other grieved lordly family you happened to have double crossed" assured Pentre making sure to search the room. "You are also charged with sorcery for it is clear your magical practices aid you in your escapes and evasion of justice, but not this time, not any more" informed lord Pentre reading the charges.

Merthyr awoke with the chattering and protests from Taff, protests that were to no avail. "What on earth is going on here?" questioned Merthyr rubbing his sleepy eyes

"Seize this one too... for questionning" nodded Pentre happy to take the companion.

"Oh no, you won't do such a thing, no one is going to lay hand on me, no one manhandles the crown prince, lord knight Tron Pentre." frowned Merthyr raising his fist high enough to show the royal seal.

"Sire, what on earth are you doing here? Surely you are aware that you're under castle arrest by order of the king? You are not permitted to leave the royal fortress and roam at leisure, never mind dressed as a common peasant and unguarded" accused Lord Pentre waving his men to halt touching the royal, well aware of his boundaries and inferior position

"Release my manservant... at once..." demanded Merthyr firmly in a frown.

"Ahh no, that I cannot do, nor will I. See, your highness, this one is proven to be the Jester, he was present at every feast and event where a lord and his family have been executed and these two men of good standing swear and accuse Taff, not only of being the Jester but also of murdering his partner in crime" informed Pentre firmly showing the bells hat and the handful of blood stained feathers. "Your highness will forfeit the manservant and find yourself another, I will forget I have seen you here, out of place, and you will return to your quarters which you were not supposed to have left from in the first place. Failing to comply to this arrangement, I will place your highness under arrest for defying the king's orders and take you both back to the royal palace all the same. Difference is.. once the king knows of your defiance he will be in no mood to listen to your pleas. Now then, what is it going to be, prince Merthyr Tydfil?" questioned lord Pentre

Merthyr froze a few moments, worry, fear and rage brewing after being caught in such a difficult position yet the lord knight was right, if he was dragged to his father's presence in chains, the king would have Taff beheaded simply out of spite to teach Merthyr a lesson in so called obedience, whether guilty or innocent, whether the Jester or not. He muttered a silent sorry at his ever faithful friend and stood aside to let the men take Taff away, snatching the bag for himself. "Do as you please... but know that his death will be most costly to you... lord Pentre" frowned Merthyr

"I will personally behead him myself, your highness, it will be an honor to bring this Jester to justice once and for all and my trained hand will ensure him a quick and painless death" countered Pentre with a sly smirk as if doing the prince a favour by shortening the agony, he waved his men to take Taff away.

Taff stared grimly and darkly at the caged carriage that was used for transporting prisoners to their dreadful fates, but, he was not thrown in with the rest. Clearly, Pentre wanted to make sport of him, thus the guards tied him securely to the lord knight's horse to make him run afoot instead. The Jester hat firmly placed upon Taff's head for further humiliation

"Mayhap the Jester came from killing the lady Minelli... he is not known for doing half job's worth" spat Stephen, quite fond of the widow and spat on Taff's face in disgust at the perceived murder, he had already assumed in his half drunken angry mind

"Aye, I tell ye, 'tis one be the olde devil himself" nodded Bromley walking away pleased enough with the gold he had been paid

At such spoken words lord Pentre's eyes widened, the thought having not yet crossed his mind. The noble woman may be indeed vulnerable and unguarded and Taff had had ample time to do his dirty bloody business whilst Pentre was busy seeking more sorcerers.

"All men at arms, all knights ready, we are marching onto the local castle at once!" barked Pentre moving his over two thousand armed men at a quicker pace than if there was indeed an incoming attack, his heart racing with worry. If she had been killed his opportunity to hunt more sorcerers would certainly be abruptly ended and he would be sentenced to endure the ever winging peasants woes as the local lord. That thought made him shudder and make way to the fortress with much greater haste, causing Taff to run ragged by the man, were it not for magic's aid no way he could have possibly kept up. Luckily the town was not too far from the woman's residence

Upon reaching the place, lord Pentre waited patiently at the gate to be at least acknowledged, the royal banners and large mass of knights, guards and soldiers an unfailing sight that he wore the king's authority and the army's command

((OOC: I brought Pentre over to the palace so that the hanged man can reply too))
----

Merthyr slammed the door shut, feeling lost and angry at the sudden turn of events. His hands were tied and he had been forced to cave into the blatant blackmail, leaving him seriously worried about his friend's fate.

He went to sit by the fireplace, fingertips pressed together thoughtfully for a time. His mind scouted possible venues to get Taff out of death's grasp, his only real remedy being of course hiring this very daring Jester everyone spoke of, but how would he find him? That was still a mistery to him. The best place to start would be the taverns and if they didn't linger there perhaps he might find someone who did know them at least, thus, without further ado, he visited them, listening into conversations hoping against hope to find information on the famed assassin who was brave enough, and skilled enough to rescue his friend without failure.

(Sorry, forgot the ball was in my court.)

Eike took his time putting away the remaining medical supplies, delicately cleaning off his sewing needle with flame plucked from the lantern. When he judged the needle sufficiently heated up he replaced that as well and set about closing his satchel. The focused labor of a surgeon followed by putting the equipment away had a soothing effect on the sorcerer; though the situation had hardly changed, it caused him to feel at least somewhat more in control. He listened absently to the other three and scratched his chin peering at the mess Umbra had made on the floor. Was it worth it to clean up? He focused on the elf a moment, trying to judge whether or not she might be thinking of fleeing as he was.

Regardless, it would leave less of a mark. Eike withdrew a water skin and manipulated the fluid within to creep out, murmuring quietly throughout. With difficulty he pressed the liquid partially through the wooden floor, trying to gather up all of the undesirable material in a translucent bubble. Then, compacting it so that no air was left between the water and gross things, the sorcerer froze it solid; it dropped into one of his hands, looking clean despite what was trapped within.

Even something so superfluous took another toll from the man. He looked at the others for some assistance; sure the mess was contained but he still had to throw the thing away. "...Ehm. Is there a place I can get rid of this?" He smiled, awkwardly.

Atoli leaned away from Umbra and glared at her, disliking the closeness. “Your knife? I took it from that one-“ She nodded to Romulus, “-when he took a tumble after bumping into magic man over there…" She reffered to Eike, and continued. "Speaking of which, I don’t know if I got anyone’s names just yet, what do I call you three? I’ve already given my name freely, its time I know yours I think.” Atoli huffed, and took out the dagger from the waist band of her baggy shorts and tossed it into a corner; deciding to give it to no one. They could get it themselves.

After a brief pause Atoli looked to Romulus and asked, “Colors?...” And looked at his hair and his skin tone, curious. “So you weren’t always so pasty, hmm? And making deals with sirens? Tsk...” The harpy glanced away and brushed her feathers for a moment.

Atoli watched Eike clean up Umbra’s mess, looking repulsed but impressed at the odd application of magic. When the wizard looked to them she wrinkled her nose and stomped over and snatched the disgusting looking globe up and walked into the bedroom. She kicked open the chest that once held clothes and unceremoniously dropped it inside before stomping back to the group, collected the clothes on the floor, and dropped them into the chest and slammed the lid shut. She walked back now to them with her arms crossed in front of her chest. “There.” Atoli gave Eike a nod; problem solved!

She looked to Romulus, “What are you going to do now?... You know that this situation we’re in and the hunt of magical folk is because of you…” The harpy’s words didn’t carry any accusatory bite to them. She just wished to know what the assassin planned to do next.

“And I’m sick of this place, I want out.” Her head whipped to look at Umbra, the small space of the room was starting to give the creature claustrophobia. “Where are we, exactly?”

With a quick glance to where she laid earlier and swept her dirk from the floor, muttering, "Must of dropped it," with a quick hum she turned towards Atoli as she dropped to orb into the chest. Walking forward, brow furrowed, she scooped up the frozen mess and dropped into a shadow, it sunk into nothingness as she looked back to the harpy, "We're in a small underground area on the outskirts of the city, no door, but if you want out, just take the shadows,"

Charles' face remained placid, not changing one bit while he listened to the plan being outlined infront of him. Upon completion, he stood up and began to gently begin walking in a wide circle around the chair in which the lady was sat. "You know this .... proposition of yours does give me a few questions that I would like confirmed. I'm sure that they won't take much time so please humour me with my little queries."

He paused, waiting two seconds before continuing, making the assumption that if she had been this desperate to call him, she couldn't readily refuse. " So the first question is what rumours might you have heard about our family, because if it the one stating that magic acts as a poison to our blood then there is no secret to that one. You already tried destroying our business in your lands once, what guarantee can you give of why that would not be repeated? Finally, what would be my families reward? If you wish for our cooperation then you must provide some end goal for us to work for. Which before you say, is not greed talking, this would involve me and my family risking the lives of everyone under our employment and that is not something we will do lightly. "

"Julius' family has owned this land for centuries," She said bitterly, frowning at the man, "The strongest assurance in this plan is that I do not have the time to play games. The King has made it clear, a woman is not fit to hold this land, whether her husband has passed or not," She pushed the letter from the King out onto the table, "Truly, I am desperate. From this, I simply want reformation. This King of ours has pushed long enough; if he were to fall from his throne, and the prince to take up his position, we may find ourselves in a much different situation. He is younger, less prone to the bitter prejudices of the older men who have lead."

Aileen seemed unphased by his circling; though it gave off the feeling of a shark circling a diver, she was cool and collected, watching him, "What I can offer you is stability. I have connections most would not have, to things most would not care to admit, but more than that, I have anonymity. I don't need you to risk your life or your families, I need you to sway some of the older families. You have influence among many, I know some of the lower lords of the land would come to feel the same about the King if they heard you too had a distaste for him. The act, as I said, we can use the Jester to carry it out."

"I....I don't know." He sighed, "I have to fix this somehow, but I've never played the Hero before..." Romulus was obviously bothered, and while that was ironic in a sense, it was reasonable. He killed for a living, yes, but the deaths of innocents were going to be on his hands. That wasn't something he could take lightly.

Eike observed with growing mirth as the ice-encased mess was handed about, relieved to see when umbra finally disposed of it. He wondered just exactly where but decided it wasn't important enough to know. "I am Eike, friend." He intoned, taking note as Umbra explained how to leave. He didn't really want to leave at that point; not out of a bond with the trio but a desire to help the newly oppressed if the others resolved to.

"...I do not mean to assume too much but I see a potential to help already, if slightly. The man chewed his bottom lip nervously, causing his silly stache to twitch like a cat's whiskers. "There will be a hunt no doubt. There will be many who cannot escape themselves. It is foolhardy but I would like to help them avoid the king's men; I think you'd be quite good for that."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Masquerade (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus