Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Lux eternia (open on consultation)

*Malvia gave a desperate sigh* "You're expecting me to find your man and rescuing him and they don't even know who or what I am ? And I don't get to know them either ? Seriously, you guys are the ones defending this country ?! I'm really starting to reconsider my opinions about the army... I mean.. That seem even more... " *he seemed to struggle to find a non-insulting word* "well.. delusional than kidnapping to ask me to help you. " *Malvia then sees the group of three come in and smiles at the sight of the soldier, but then starts to feel a bit queezy, as they are too many people in the room for the snake(s taste. This closed space starts with this number of soldiers in it seems to take a tall on Malvia who places a hands over his chests, his breathing being a bit heavier. Unconsciouly he backs off to the opposite wall.
Clearing his throat and taking another wisk at his flask the snake asks with a vaguely patient smile and a tired voice :
"Captain, who are those gentlemen ?"
Ukios characters (played by Thekaleidoscope) Topic Starter

The major looked up with a half smile towards the newest military "recruit" in the room. "You get to do it the old-fashioned way and so do the rest of us. It helps make us more real I find that just sets of data, increases teamwork."

On seeing Malvia's reaction to the sudden appearance of even more people the expression of almost victorious smile melted away to be replaced with the first signs of genuine concern on the faces of both the Major and Francis. Forcing down any other emotion he called out, using the nickname he had given the young man. "Hey snake you alright?"

The captain did not do much for his part in his reaction, merely raising a single eyebrow. "These gentlemen are the rest of the squad, three riflemen, one of them being our medic."
*Malvia continued backing off and fell into a chair. One hand gripping at the wall, the other reached for one of his pockets and brought something to his lips, his face paler than usual. He gulped it down, whatever that was, and took a few deep breath, hissing lowly as a shiver passed down his spine.*
"I'm FINE , Rhiney, focus on your mission."
*Glaring back at the captain, he tried to maintain his attitude as to ensure he was still of value here.* "I'm an informant : you're all just sets of data to me. But it's nice having faces on it I guess. Also, when you say we : does that mean you're coming along on this great adventure, Joe ? I mean : there's already enough of us in here to for a platoon so why not add one more to it..."
*He's eyes a bit hazy he looked at the three newcomers and detailed them mentally. Or tried too at least.*

The captain merely smiled softly, almost mocklingly towards the notion. Before a short laugh trilled put from his lips, "I couldn't take the pleasure of this mission away from you, besides I've got things to manage back at base. The army doesn't just run itself, the captains can't just be running off on missions."

Francis slowly manouvered himself round the room to where Malvia was leaning against the wall, "hey... You sure you're doing fine? You look ... Distinctly the opposite of it to be honest."

The same expression of concern mixed with confusion that plauged his face was registering on most of the soldiers now, bar the captain shoes expression never changed and the explosives soldier whoes eyes displayed only mild interest.
"I said I'm fine !" Hissed Malvia, almost screaming. He sighed and passed a handes over his face before answering more quietly. "Sorry, I just need some air."
*turning back to the major trying to hide his hands behind his back, He asked with annoyance in his voice*
"Great, well if we all have better things to do : why don't we get on with this. Do you have any leads or suggestions on who or where I should start investigating ? Also how and when are we going to have to move ? Because I presume I have to go too.."

Francis took a step backwards, a look of shock on his face, "Alright, but I wanna chat to you afterwards...."

The captain nodded, glad to have the ball moving towards the purpose of the meeting once again which the unexpected arrival of Francis and his friends had derailed so badly. "You are most certainly going on the trip with everyone else here. Now that the introductions are done and you all have the objective I'll be taking my leave. You have this day to organise yourself as a team before leaving tomorrow. There will be no further questions."

The final statement had an air of finality, a surprise for the man who seemed up until that point unable to say anything with such weight. "Goodbye now."
"Yeah yeah, leave the hard part to us, have a terrible day." mumbled the snake lowly as the captain left after being saluted. His head spinned, so he closed his eyes but he felt a weight going up his throat and immediatly put a hand against his lips. Missing a step, the reptile got up, and grabbed his jacket. "Francis, would you mind to show me where the showers are ?" *he asked the man, his body shivering while he broke a cold sweat. Malvia, clenching his fist as to stay steady, walked almost in a straight line to the door, doing his best to ignore the Major's eye.

One look at the seemingly changed man infront of him told Francis this wasn't the best time to press questions, no matter how much he wanted to. "Sure thing, we got a set not too far from here. Sides I could do with a bit of a clean off myself."

Giving a quick wave to the others he bid them farewell for the moment and began to lead the disheveled informant towards the desired location.
After they had closed the door and took a few steps away, Malvia stopped Francis by pulling his shirt. Leaning heavily against the wall, the snake said : "We're not going to the showers little pervert : I need you to take me to the infirmary. "
*He tried to laugh it off but ended up coughing loudly abit of red on their lips as they put their hands behind their back.*
"Okay maybe we'll go take a shower if you're nice..."

The look of worry in the young soldiers eyes only got bigger at the pityable sight before him. "Bloody hell, what's wrong with you? You look about to die."

Any flitatous notes which had sung in his voice were gone. Instead there was only worry. "I'll get Marcus then, he's the team medic and almost certainly better than going to the infirmary."
"I'm FINE ! I just need some air... And some potassium hydroxyde : where's the damn infirmary ?"
*Hissing of pain as he rose up and grabbed Francis before he left.* "No you don't ! If they think I'm ill they won't respect me and I won't be able to lead themto do that mission, and then I'll be stuck here longer than I can afford to. Get me to the damn med bay, I'll fix myself up : I'm a poisoner, I know how heal too."
*That speach would have been a tad more convincing if the informant wasn't starting to become whiter than his pet, Physias seeming to try to warm up his master by coiling and sliding around his neck and waist. *
*Loocking at the soldier with wet eyes, Malvia added a begging* "Please... I know what I'm doing, just help me..."

(Agreed time skip)

It was only moments after leaving the infirmary that Francis was struck with an idea, to show Malvia the spot where the teams marksman loved to frequent. Turning to his colleague with a swist grab he began to pull the snake quickly down a different corridor towards a flight of stairs. "Here, come with me. There's something I wanna show you."

At the top of the stairs was a simple tree-lined grove, water tricklying softly down a little circular steam. Tumbling and gushing into a tiny pool before being sent on the cycle once more. Just entering from the other side was the unmistakable muffled form which had been so plainly visible in the briefing room before.
Back on his feet but still shaking, Malvia followed the soldier while trying to warm up, regretting leaving his coat back in the conf room.
"So what, it's a pretty sight from up hear I agree, what was so urgent ? I know said fresh air but a window would've done fi- . . . Is that...?"

The muffle figure slowly reached the center, back towards the watching pair. Slowly they began to unwrap the cover from the face and head, revealing a flowing set of golden hair. Hair which with no restraints began to flow outwards, seeming to catch the moonlight and trap the stars as it moved.

Francis turned to Malvia and gave him a look which plaintively showed just how beautiful the man found the sight to be.
"Uh, that is quite the exquisite sight... Though I would not have figured you for stalker, Francis.."
*Malvia brought back his eyes on the blond individual.*
"Still.. I need to learn how he treats his hair, mine look better wet than brushed..." *He said, playing with the tips of his cinder white hair.*
"Also, for a sniper, isn't leaving the conf' room after half a day of waiting for us just a little too impatient...?"

Francis gave a slight giggle, motioning Malvia to stay silent lest the figure they were watching caught wind of their existence. Yet it was too late for that as it was soon to be proved. For just a moment longer the figure stayed put, their face upturned towards the sky before snapping downwards.

Slowly the figure bent down and began to wrap their face yet again in the camouflaged bindings. "You're not very good at sneaking about... why command chose you is a mystery..." The voice while flat and emotionless had a slight, almost faded femininity to it.
"Oh, that's quite the amazing hearing you have ! I can understand how it could be usefull to a soldier. The thing is : I don't see why I'd be discrete about this : I do need to barrow your hair products. Also, I'm not supposed to a field agent really, and I don't get why they'd pick me either : I was fine not ever getting in another army base in my life and stay in my office for the rest of winter..."
"And besides... " *The snake smiled and added, while starting to climb over the ledge of the balcony and climb down the two floors separating him from his interlocutor* "Isn't it rude to listen to other people speaking ?" Malvia jumped off the last two meters and landed quite gracefully for an ill man, his white pet hissig against the sudden loss of altitude*

There was no change in posture at all with the sudden movements from Malvia, the action remained the same: wrapping the hair and still hidden face behind layers of camouflaged fabric. Without hesitation the voice returned, as flat as emotionless as before. "I don't see how those who secretly watch others can talk about what is rude and what is not. What I can and cannot hear is not really my choosing."

Francis in his own way took a few more seconds before hopping over the balcony, taking care to watch his footing as he hopped down to the ground below. Embarrassment at being caught written all over his features
"My thoughts exactly : if you can't talk about people behind their back, and they can't listen when you talk about them, then how do we communicate ? I live for the day aristocrats and kings are forced to talk to eachother by notes on shards of paper..."
*Taking a look at Francis attempt to discretion, Malvia smiled and calmly came along the masked figure, just a foot behind them.*
"Oh my, codamned to evesdropping forever : now wonder you ended up a killer too., just thinking all the nasty secrets you must have heard... But you know, maybe you could ask for one of those awfull bracelets. Well, after I helped redesign them, of course : you can't wear that with regular clothes. I think I'll try to get some too myself, for science ... and personnal use."

They put the final touches on the outfit, obscuring the last glimpses of the golden strands from view. "I very much doubt that the bracelet would change anything about my hearing, no matter what little changes you make to it and I don't mind being able to hear like I do. It makes me a very good at finding my targets and eliminating them."

Francis for his part stood awkwardly by, watching the very one sided conversation between the far more lively and animated Malvia and the cold, distant marksman.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Lux eternia (open on consultation)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus