Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Lux eternia (open on consultation)

(For ambiance, listen to this, it's pretty.)

"Yeah, yeah, sure... whatever you said."
Replied the reptile in a low defeated voice, not really caring about the vague threat of violence. Slowly, he dragged himself down the stairs and locked the door of the bakery, then, out of sight from the major, he rested on the counter and sighed.
From upstairs, the major could only hear this :
Malvia cleared his throat and then, with melancholy, said : "Eleanor, come here for a second please."
- "Yes Mister Frostwood ? What is it ?"
"I have a favor to ask of you. It's kind of dangerous... I need you to deliver these to their adressee, in person. Can you do that for me ?"
-"hum... I can, of course... Is something wrong Sir ?"
"Nothing important, now listen, I need you to be focussed because I won't get a chance to repeet, okay ? Good. So, you will go to the Zodiac Square, there, next to the fountain there's a blind woman playing chess under a white umbrella. Go talk to him, ask him to call the names on the letters. Be carefull, ask them to show their totem, if it doesn't match the drawing on this paper, I want you grab the letters and run away as fast as you can. -"
-" But Sir, tell me what's happening, it sounds really serious and I-"
"Focus ! please, Eleanor, focus. Now, this letter. This one goes to me s-... to Her. I trust you to take care of her until a friend of mine replaces you. Make sure she reads it okay ? And don't believe her when she tells you that she doesn't need her medecine. Did you catch all of that ?"
-" I ... Think so ?"
"Good. Now, once the soldier and I have left for about an hour, and when there is no one in the shop, I want you to go to my office. In the desk, third drawer on the left, there's a package. Inside are 10 000 Luxes, take it, it's yours, and-"
-"Sir i can't accept that much it's too -"
"Take it ! You deserve it, and I want you to have them. once you've hidden it, please, close the curtains, lock the door and then melt the key and the lock. Maybe release the fish before doing that if you can. Or eat them if you want, I don't mind."
-"o-okay... How long are you going away Sir ? And where ?"
"eh.. I'm not even sure where this path is leading me. It's the first time i'm don't have a clue of what's going on. I don't like that feeling, it's... scary ? Anyway, don't worry for me, I'll come back to eat your lemoncakes before you can even miss me !"
-"Alright Sir... If you say so.."
-"It's going to be fine Eleanor ! I'll be back soon ! oh, and be carefull with your back okay ?"

And on that obvious lie, Malvia unlocked the bakery's glass door, and stepped outside, giving one last smile at the woman still in shock.
Ukios characters (played by Thekaleidoscope) Topic Starter

For a few seconds the Major toyed with his conscience over whether or not to order someone to search the letters or do it himself. In the end his sense of honour and values he had already betrayed enough in the course of his duty won out and the giant man decided to not pursue whatever the contents of the letters were.

Taking careful steps down the stairs he passed through the bakery in what was for him an unusually somber mood, it was he reflected something to do with the forced recruitment. Not knowing that in just a year the notion would be completely normal. Tipping his cap slightly at Eleanor he followed Malvia out of the shop.

"Welcome to the army private... You'll be serving our country from now on. When you get back to base there will be a briefing on what exactly they brought you in for, don't bother asking me as I have no idea."

With all that he felt needed to be said out of the way he turned and began his slow craw through the brightly lit streets of Illumina. The occasional automobile dashing by the otherwise pedestrian filled avenues.
(Here's some bickering music...)

Malvia yawned and looked at the clouds above. "It's to early for all this... I already miss my couch.." He thought.
The snake follows the major for a fewe minuses and then stops, clearing his throat to call out the rhino.
Slightly irritated bit still smiling, he asks :
"Say Major... you... didn't came all the way here on foot did you...?"
"... ... ..."
"Oh gods you totally did, didn't you ? Oh come on ! The least you could do when you abduct someone is pay them a ride ! By the hierarchs, it's only been ten minutes and I already hate you, that's a new record, how can you even do that ? "

The major continued his forward journey, not stopping while Malvia spoke to him or during his subsequent reply. His eyes kept themselves fixed on the city which was beginning to shine all different colours in the light of the sun. The blue and gold flags which hung from almost every building were glimmering in the rays of light. The pedestrians were dressed in all manner of clothing varying based on social status, but the one main link between each one was the pride that went into wearing it.

"We are going back to headquarters on foot and I suggest you get used to it. There are very few friendly rides while in combat and nearly all of them are ferrying you closer to the fight. Just allow yourself to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city."
(Music for an off-tone interaction is here)

"Ahah, okay first I'm NOT a soldier, I'm an hostage at best, and secondly, with all undue respect, Major, I think it's safe to assume I breathed this city for longer than you could eve- ... wait is that... Oh ! Yes !"
Malvia then stopped talking to the major, running across the street while waving his free hand, to stop an open car that a young man in a grey outfit drove, visibly coming back from the market according to the heavy bags of food behind him.
Malvia rose on the footbord and shook hand with the stranger who stopped the car.
"Hi, hi, Jeremy, how are you ? how's your father doing with his prosthetic leg ? Is the one I send working ?"
-"Oooh ! If it isn't Mister Malvia ! Hi, hi to you too ! Well I'm doing fine, but not better than him ! you shoud see him running around like a kid : you really did me a solid on that one ! Oooh and what's with this bags, are you going on a trip ? Where is it this time ?"
"Ahah, good to hear it worked ! Ah well, I don't know exactly, I just got abducted by that soldier there, with the cap, do you see him ? the one that's coming toward us. He said "trial without evidence" can you believe that ?"
-"Is that so ? So it isn't a mafia problem this time ?" asked the driver casually.
"... . . . ... I don't know what I expected from you but.. Hey, don't change Jeremy, ok ?" sighed Malvia at the lack of reaction from the man. He continued, a tad more defeated "So, anyway... I need you to do me a favor. See, I asked Miss Eleanor to run an errand for me but I forgot that she doesn't have a car. Would you be so kind as to be her chauffeur for the morning, please ? Oh and give her that, tell her to give it to her husband, he'll know what to do about it." said the snake will placing something in the driver's hand.
-"Hum, sure thing, I owe you that much... Say, why don't you come for a drink when you get back ? I'd love to show you our new house, my wife made the most exquisite decorations, you would love it I'm sure !"
"Oh that's right, I completly forgot that the two of you had moved out of town ! Well, it'd be a pleasure, if I get back I'll contact you okay ? Bye bye Jeremy !"
-"Bye bye Mister !"
On that weird salutation, Malvia hopped of the car and walked back to the Major, looking at the clouds with a thin smile on his lips. "What a sweet kid... A bit slow, but at least he's nice. I wonder if I'll miss him too.." he thought, caught up in his daydreaming.

The major spoke not a word as he approached Malvia, the thunderous look displayed plainly on his face said everything about his thoughts. He pushed past a woman hurrying by checking a grocery list. A few paces away a policeman watched the whole commotion with a rather amused look on his face.

It would be a matter of seconds before the Majors towering form loomed over Malvia. "Listen private, if you want to have a chat with a friend, then you are welcome to do so. Bolting without informing me first is not something you want to try twice."

"Besides you don't have time to be chatting, your wanted by army brass pronto. They're also new and so kinda religious about this sort of thing, so it's best to get moving now." He turned and continued his stroll with the measured steps of someone who was certainly expecting Malvia to follow.
Malvia sighed, catching up to the Major, twirling around with a laugh, actually scanning his surrounding as he had a bad feeling about the number of people in this street at such an hour, and then he walked by the soldier, coughing a little.
"So, this base is new ? And what exctly does it do ? 'cauz I'm curious you know : I don't get kidnapped often ! ... well actually that's a lie, but it's my first time with an officier.." the snake then feints innocence and shyness, saying with an absurdishly high pitched voice : "Oh my ! Major, you stole me my first time with a man of the uniform ! And you forced yourself onto me : how could you !" he then can't suppress a childish smile. "oh gods sorry, I just couldn't resist it, it was too tempting.."

Henry sighed deeply as he listened to Malvia's latest comments wondering what he had done to deserve having to recruit the snake into the army. In reflection, though he did suppose that it was what he deserved for having broken the code he had sworn to uphold, even if it was in the countries best interests. While he didn't immediately reply to the remarks the policeman nearby did, doubling over with laughter. "Oh major, you forced yourself on him did you? I didn't think men were your type?"

The major turned sharply towards the policeman, "Francis, really...."

His smile grew a bit larger, "I know, I know, it was just too good. So that's the snake is it?"

There was a nod, followed by the Major turning back to Malvia to answer his earlier questions, "These new officers are at our latest base which is being constructed in the half of Illumina closest to Aurea, it's being equipped with the newest and heaviest artillery guns we have."
"The Snake" laughed and then slyly relied to the newcomer :
"Hey, don't be so hard on the Major, I meann : who could resist me ?" the young man said, swirling around, before suddenly clasping his hands on the policeman's shoulders, whispering in his ears : "And don't tell him but I find him kinda cute..."

The former informant then got back to his captor, and said cheerfully : "Oh, so you guys still love big, looong, powerfull guns ? Glad to see some things never change... And so, why there ? I knew there where some frictions with our fake pacifist neighbour but I didn't thought a war would come in so soon..."

The policeman watched Malvia's antics with an interested eye and a smile on his face, clearly entertained by the young man in front of him. Yet if the snake took a closer look the entire body stance was not entirely relaxed, it was more alert like a tiger waiting to pounce. As Malvia leant in to whisper to him he whispered back, "Don't think you have much a chance, he doesn't go after men."

Henry was tapping his foot impatiently, taking a deep breath before continuing. "Yes the military still does have its big powerful guns, if we didn't we all be living under the rule of Aurea or any of the other nations waiting to destroy our republic. War is coming very soon, however, all the details will be given at the base. Which by the way we really should be getting to."
"Ay, ay, we'll follow you now, please lead the way, Ô my dear Major of whom I still don't know the name.."
Malvia then slowed his pace and leaned towards Francis :
"See ? He's like a little puppy that wants to get back to his kennel as fast as he can, but at the same time he's a moody old hound : so adorable... and if you think I can't make him sway the other way... well, let's just say that you haven't seen me in a dress..."

Henry gasped in exasperation, "Finally, we can get going! I expected you to be more disciplined Francis, I won't report you but next time try to stay to the plan."

Starting his measured pace up he gave a look back at Malvia, "you don't need to know my name as my orders are to only get you back. After that I'm gonna do my best to transfer back off to the colonies."

Francis on the other hand seemed very happy with the way the situation had worked out. "You know I think that's the first time I have heard anyone use adorable when describing the major."

The next comment made the man laugh, though in trying to hide it, the sound came out more as a strangled cough. "Phah! That's an interesting plan, not sure how well it would work, but you should try it sometime. Might work on others."
A slight blush colored the pale cheecks of the snake, who put a hand against his lips and replied, almost purring :
"Oh my, and here I thought all Luxians and especially soldiers were narrowminded... well well, what do you know : I may have to widden my ... searches..." . Malvia glanced back at the policeman, detailing him with closer attention and a peculiar grin.
"Anyway" he said, raising is voice, "are you sure you don't want me to call a cab, Major ? This seems like an awfully long trip by foot and I'd hate to get any of my stuff broken... Or any of my bones for that matter..." added the snake, looking at the people in the street, especially a little group of people in suits that were advancing in the same direction as the three of them for a while now.

The policeman grinned and attempted to put an arm around Malvia's shoulders in a friendly manner, "You know you don't have to do too much searching" Leaning in he whispered in the other's ear. "It can wear a man out and well there are better activities that can do that."

At the mention of limbs being broken Henry just gave a short laugh in response, taking his time before he responded. "Look youngun you are in no danger unless you try to run. There are people around you taking care of your safety, people with very, very good accuracy."
Taking the heavy hint given to him, Malvia slithered out of the womanizer's reach, winking at him with a whisper : "Buy me a drink first, you hungry dog..."
The snake then strolled back to the major, renewing the endless waves of passive agressive sassiness that was his conversation with the soldier :
"Oh right, because I forgot that shooting an inocent citizen isn't an a crime leading to an injury but actually a security measure against , what ? freedom ? You know, I really do hope that you get stuck with me, so that you can understand just a little of how unfairly annoying this whole thing is..."

"Look, this country is on the brink of a war far larger than any that have come before, with Caloros almost on the brink of total collapse they made an alliance two days ago with Tideal for protection. That's all I can say out here without going beyond the bounds of what I'm allowed to say. Just understand everything you know could disappear soon."

Nothing more would utter from the soldier's mouth until the fort no matter what Malvia would say. Francis who was tailing behind would give the informant a sly grin each time a look was given in his direction. Although he did get delayed into the journey to try hitting on another woman who walked by.
[And we're back with some music baby !]

"Yeah, like that'd be a shame... " sighed the snake to himself "I should've never come to this country. Credenza was better... Wow, Never thought i would ever say that sentence in my life !"
Reluctantly, Malvia then calmed down, running out of will to antagonise the major more, his mind focussing on more important things to him.
As if sensing his master's daydreaming, Physias slid up to the "prisonner's" neck and shoulders, in order to enjoy mindlessly given caress from his now humming owner.

It would be another half hour of walking before the company reached their desired location, but when they drew near there would be little doubt left that this was the place. The monster of a building was partially hidden behind the street arcade, however, the glint of sunlight on the gigantic defensive cannons and the unmistakable outline of battlements gave the structure away.

The small entrance archway was crammed with soldiers running hither and thither, like a collection of ants going about their daily task. Yet even for a military garrison, there was more bustle than normal. Something was clearly amiss, almost certainly something to do with Henry's worlds a while ago.

Turning smartly Henry gave Malvia the smile of a collector presenting a particularly prized possession. "Here we are! So what do you think?"
Hidding swiftly his pet under his jacket, the snake looked around, longly, and sighed, also longly. With a tired gaze he almost whispered to the Major : "There's way too many people here.. and they're so noisy ! ... Plus, may I say, that uniforme is a complete insult to fashion."
He raises his head and adds with a faint smile* "But I love the hight and the lighting : My wisterias would juste love to climb those walls..."
Malvia advances at the center of the courtyard and puts back on his coat in a whirl, examining the soldiers while he's at it.

Henry followed Malvia's opening comment with the gasp of exasperation that even in their short time together had become one of his most common phrases. "Well thank you for the amazing contribution there, if this ever becomes a fashion contest I will be sure to call on you until then let's not comment on the uniforms not being up to the cutting edge of fashion shall we?"

The same policeman who had been following them earlier strolled in after the Major before chucking off the police helmet to don one of a more military style. Tipping it in a friendly greeting towards the former informant "Good to see you're enjoying the view."

He paused before theatrically gasping, "Ah where are my manners? I must apologise, the names Francis. A standard rifleman, with a ... few extra tricks shall we say."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Lux eternia (open on consultation)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus