Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Lux eternia (open on consultation)

*Physias started hissing as it coiled slid around Malvia's frame, clearly excited about something.*
*Innocently, cracking his bones and streching is supple body, Malvia asked* "And does it help you in an other way than spying on people ? Maybe it helps you perceive your targets movement before they're done...?" *taking an elegant pose, almost hiding his armed right kick, ready to fly, the snake added, while his pet slowly slid to the ground, almost growling if that was possible.* "Nothing personnal, I just need to know with who I'm forced to work..." *He lowered his head and smiled, closing his eyes for a moment* "That goes with you too, Francis.."
Ukios characters (played by Thekaleidoscope) Topic Starter

There was a momentary silence before the figure spoke once more. "You know the impact of testing the capabilities of someone's reactions by surprise movements is slightly lost when you announce said movements beforehand."

As for their movements, they continued standing stationary, gazing up at the sky above. Watching the ever-changing miasma of clouds and stars.

From the rest of the room, nothing else changed, not even Francis who simply watched with the expression of slight amusement. Making no move to restrain Malvia or to warn the marksman. "You know, they're not gonna react. I'd give it up for the moment."
"Meh, fine : if you won't show me I'll just have to ask someone else..." *said Malvia, shrugging his shoulders and hands, head tilted down with a somewhat disappointed expression on his face. He turned around and headed back inside the building, his hands returning to his cold sides.
"You're really no fun..." He added for the sniper, before asking, or more qccuretly ordering, to the other soldier "Francis, come : we're going back inside : i need my jacket. And a drink." Malvia, as imperious as ever, waited for his pet to coil itself around his thin waist and climbed back up to the second floor balcony as ifor taking a walk.

The young soldier gave a low whistle as he watched Malvia's disappearing form before getting ready to depart too. Taking one last look at the muffled sniper, contemplating what their face looked like under all the wrapping. "Wow, he's rather impatient and quite imperious isn't he?"

Calling up he spoke to the informant on the balcony. "I'm gonna be using the normal doors, to catch up with me take the next right, stairs down then the second right and down more stairs."
"... I like that you already guessed I'm too lazy to vlimb back done. See you in a moment."

A minute later, Malvia met back with Francis, and casually leaned onto his shoulder, holding arms.
"I'm cold. And hungry. Can you lead me back to the entrance ? I'll show you one of the best bars in that part of town if you want.." he ask, his tired voice and sleepy eyes making him somewhat cute in his demand.

"Can't lead you outside the citadel I'm afraid, but there's a few places round here that just might suit your purposes." With this in mind Francis lead his tired companion to the nearest bar which served drinks cheep enough for him to purchase.

Strangely Francis would find after the first drink, he wasn't really feeling up to the moment and instead opted for nursing his second for as long as Malvia needed.

The rays of sunlight had just begun to shine through the narrow gunslot like windows when the captain began to travel round the dorm, waking each of the squad that still slept.
Malvia wakes up suddenly when he hears the door open, rushing his hand below his pillow to grab a weapon.. and discovering nothing.
Raising up to sit, the young snake realised firstly that he was in his underwear, and secondly that he wasn't in his bed.
Looking around he found out that nothing from the day before was a dream, and upon that realisation a wave of crushing sadness washed off his thoughts.
Moving slowly, he dressed up, adjusting meticulously his jewelry and long silky white hair.
Once on his feet, he reached for his bag hidden under the soldier's bed, and grabed a pair of pills and a box. He then went to the showers to calm his tears and redo his basic make up.
As he came back, a fake composed smile on his face, Malvia retrieved Physias, who was sleeping next to Francis as to steal his warmth.
Putting the reptile around his neck and shoulders, the new recruit barely saluted the captain as he headed out, a blank gaze fixed in front of him.

Waiting outside for him was Henry, who stood there with a wry smile on his lips. Noticing the massive snake curled up around the former informant's neck but deciding to say nothing about it. The nightdress brought a raised eyebrow to the Majors face but other than that it remained unpeterbed.

"Greetings ... Malvia, I'm glad you were able to get up today for the start of our mission. Although I will warn you that your pet is not going to be allowed to go on this journey."

He paused looking over the "snakes" shoulder to see the expression on the face of Francis who had just caught sight of the nightdress and was now sitting there with a smile bordering on the lewd all over his face. "Although I'll let you have a few moments to get prepared. Come down to the courtyard when your ready. Francis will be pleased I'm sure to guide you there."

Francis stood up and slowly approached him from the background, "So that pink dress, you wear it all the time? Or just to impress the guys?"
"Don't ask like you're not loving it, I can feel your eyes on my tush, pervert."
*Turning around to reveal a somewhat amused smile, Malvia wen't back inside, brushing past Francis as to provoc him with a twirl.*
"Altough I must admit, that I do like to impress "the guys" AND I wear it every night.. In winter."
*Malvia then got back to francis's bed and picked up his clothes, sticking his tong out to the soldier as he went to change some place out of sight.*

~

*Later that morning, after having Francis showing him where to have some breakfast and complainig about it's quality like a spoiled sarcastic princess, Malvia appeared in the courtyard in his dayclothes, his coat and his bag over the shoulder, accompagnied by the soldier.*
"Hello everyone, how is the soul-crushing experience of your lives going on this way too early morning ? Mine is going splendidly bad, thank you." *He greated them with a big smile.*

Francis grinned, acknowledging the twirl with a little wink that was halfway between being simply friendly and attempting poorly to be seductive. "Only known me a day and you still know me quite well. Can't help looking at the best"

"Well, you won't have too much need of it then with where we're going. More's the pity."

The soldier would wait until the other was dressed before showing him exactly where he wanted to go.

~

The rest of the squad bar, of course, the captain who had already left to go onto his next assignment far away from where the action was going to happen, had gathered. The muffled soldier and Elliot were both standing silently behind the rest of the group which the Major was attempting to herd into a truck.

Giving almost the impression of a mother duck trying to herd their ducklings into a pen.
"Oh wow that's not depressing at all : a sauvetage mission, with the stealth of an assault convoy.. Couldn't you at least paint the damn thing or change the canvas ? Please tell me we'll have a change of vehicule at some point."
*adding to himself within hearshot of the major as he passed by* "As if they didn't know we were coming..."

*Loading his bag under the bench, the informant leaned against one of the hoop of the truck and asked more friendly to the major*
"So, we never got to finish that facinating discussion yesterday : does anyone have a plan ? hell for that matter I'll even take the most obvious ones... Also, do you... hum, we .. have a file of any sort concerning that mission ? something like the last known whereabouts, a map of the region, any kind of prior investigation ?"
*chuckling he added* "I promise I'm not asking that just to pass time during our long day..."

It wasn't the major that answered the initial question, but the engineer, the older man from the day before. "This will be just until we reach the right station, a military transport gets road priority and stealth is pointless until then. Don't worry overly much and if they do know we're coming then speed is even more important don't you think than stealth?"

After finally having ordered everyone onto the truck Henry turned back to the informant, "we have maps of the area, however when there we have to convene with our agents in the city, there we will get the full appraisal of the situation. Until then we need to be prepared for anything. This is also where you come in, when we get there you will need to do some asking around yourself using whatever contacts you can as an informant. Got it?"
"Yeah yeah, I have to do my job and I'm not even paid for it... Sure sounds fun. Well, can you brief me on the place ? Name, number of inhabitants, powerfigures ? Also, when was our target there for the last time ?"
*Sitting casually on Francis's legs as if it was ordinary, the snake looked up the sky and continued*
"And the opponents ? Army, military, angry farm men ?"

Henry sighed deeply, "if the pay matters that much to you, which I'm sure it does, I'll put your mind at rest. You will get payed, as part of the Luxian military you'll get the same pay that any soldier would get. As for where, it's the city of Lian, which while under overall national control, the main power there is the cities head of the factory owners guild. They own the local forces as effectively a mercanary army. However we don't know if they are the main threat."

Francis grinned as Malvia made himself comfortable, mimicking the same casual manner in the way he tried seakily putting one arm around the informant. "You really have picked the best seat," he whispered. "It's the only one which can transfer to the train."
Malvia ticked at the mentionning of mercenaries but kept listening, recording every info for later use.
"hum, an oligarchic town, I see. Any unexplain deaths or events in the last months ? Like a new building or a reinforcment of the force ? Maybe some kind of big social event I could investigate like a fair or something ? Also, I suggest that one of us infiltrate the merc' group : I can't be everywhere and I wouldn't really fit the profile, but I need to hear the gossips.."
*Resting his back on Francis's chest and crossing his legs, the snake snikered and giggle "sstop messsing around, i'm trying to be sserious here...!"

The major shook his head sadly, this was something he'd hoped they had the answer to when he'd gone into briefing and likewise had been disappointed. Their moles within the city had uncovered nothing untoward before the visit, that's why it had been deemed to proceed with it, even in this time of international tension. Although this did raise the creeping thought, one alien to Henry himself that they might have been betrayed, it was one that boggled his mind and stung him to the core, yet it lurked there unpleasantly. "We have not received any reports on any such event, however... well with any infiltrator who do you suggest?"

Francis grinned and rested his head on the snake's shoulder, "oh really, you brought this on yourself... you can always change seats if you want." Wrapping his arm successfully around Malvia, positioning it just above the informant's waist.
"Hum, so you do have agents there... I'll need the name of one, so that it looks like i'm asking everyone in town, and not avoiding the newcomers and/or known moles. Oh, do you know if the town has some kind of black market ? or a the house a powerfull regional mafioso or the like ? I need a cover."
*Looking for a moment at the squad Malvia just shrugged* "I don't know, juste someone with a speciality worth hiring and an age and profile that fit the demographic. Also someone with experience outside of the corps : mercenaries detect almost immedialy anything that's even remotly military."
*painfully whispering the snake answered* "oh you're so gonna get it.." *shifting the crossing of his legs and giving a lascivious but discret sway of his hips, the young man offered a sly smile at the soldier.*

"The whole cities one big black market, the merchants basically run around doing what they like in the city. Their only check is that they are still part of the overall nation and in times of war must provide. However, apart from that leading factory owners make enough to keep any police scrutiny away. I'm really shocked at you for not knowing this, do you just never deal in that area? Have all your dealings been mostly in Luxia?"

He paused to think on the second question, "as for who should go, our sniper or explosives expert should do the trick. Both aren't exactly the military types, yet their skill is undeniable which was shown in the colonies they joined from."

Behind Malvia. Francis grinned silently, pausing his playful flirts with the informant for a second to begin properly taking in information for a few seconds.
"it's too cold here. And too much of a hustle to just get there : why do you think I hire people to do my bidi- jobs... "
*Lower an averting gaze he added* "although most of my contracts nowadays are love problems..."
"And yes, most of my contracts are in the capital : it's even more of snakenest than you can imagine."
*Looking at the soldiers, Malvia closed his eyes por a few seconds seconds and sighed.*
"We'll need the sniper on our side, and I'd appreciate it if you could manage to blow the camp up when leaving..."
*The informant check for something in their pocket and pulled out a small coin, looking surprised as too how it arrived here.*
"Okay so if it's an underground city ruled by reach new selfmade lords, there's two good news. First it'll feel like home, and secondly we are going to stick out like a sore thumb. Oh and by the way do we know the name of the company renting its services to the good people of ... uh... what's the name of the town already ?"

The others in the transport van were growing restless by this point, listening to the exchange between the informant and the Major. It seemed like the two other riflemen had begun to play a gambling game with a deck of cards in which the old man and the heavy weapons soldier had joined in. Leaving only the two other silent team members to keep listening in. The entire reply, however, was lost when sudden accusations began to fly around about cheating.

It quickly transpired that one of the riflemen had apparently been hiding some cards up his sleeves and the others weren't too happy about it.

"Mind moving darling, if they're gonna fight I want in on this!" Francis urgently whispered to Malvia. Suddenly perking up at some action.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Lux eternia (open on consultation)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus