Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Kritarchy of Dei Iuris (Re-Open) (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Seychelle Jenner (played anonymously)

Loren wrote:
A'ight, interesting.

We do seem to have a lot of thieves!
I suppose two of them could work, even if certain words of sage advise would be hard to follow in such a party. >:)

How would the character get involved, Katlina?

@Edlin: That could actually work pretty well. Gamers' character, Ilyse, is a wandering former cleric and one of his ideas for her (although he can probably go more in-depth about it) was to have someone from a neighbouring kingdom request/hire her to save a person who's been taken by the dune raiders/slavemongers. Maybe they could meet while he escaped?

@Draken? Hmn, Konrad could work. I was trying to avoid other wizards for more diversity, and I'm not sure about a demon or D-H since they're pretty powerful. How would Konrad get involved, however?

What character are you thinking of using, KhaeosMage?

I'm still going to deliberate a bit before choosing anyone, by the way. I'm gonna let a few more people post their interest, 'cause I'm also interested in the dynamic between the characters themselves and what to see which ones would form the most interesting. O:

I think I will remove myself from the contending after all, but I may read your roleplay! Sorry for being wishy washy
Loren Topic Starter

Ah, okay. It's cool.
Alright, maybe he could be searching for the Istintani Auspice? It had been broken in his homeland and the parts of it have been stolen or scattered, to provoke war between the northern and southern tribes of the Istintani. Maybe someone in the Kritarchy could of purposefully stolen a piece of the Auspice so that the Istine Isles would grow weaker with civil war, and then could be taken over by the Kritarchy? Or Konrad could suspect that the Kritarchy has something to do with it?
Loren wrote:
Ahhh, okay. What are your ideas for the character?

Possibly a servant of an esteemed necromancer? Do they even have servants? Would they be treated somewhat alright? I'd imagine they'd be better off than slaves, but... yeah, not too sure. All I'm able to determine right now about my character is his name and his accident-prone ability to ruin whatever evil his master has planned. *ferocious shrugs*
I am working on a character. He'll be a merchant. Very handsome.
And here is Ramez. I hope he can fit in.
Loren Topic Starter

@Draken The Kritarchy's pretty isolationist, so its rulers would probably not be interested in invading anything. (Besides, it's in the middle of a desert. :P) The only thing I can think of is that maybe part of the auspice could have found its way through the trade routes and ended up in the hands of a merchant?

@KhaeosMage: Most of the necromancers' servants are slaves or undead (no salaries) but having a free servant is not completely unheard of, if rare. It could work! Alternatively, maybe he could be some sort of apprentice or secretary to deal with the paperwork? Undead can't really do the latter thing and maybe the necromancer doesn't trust slaves to do it.

@Kidd. A merchant's a pretty rad idea, so I'm definitely thinking of accepting him. O: It could work pretty well with other characters.
Cato of Prispia (played by TheTwilightWarrior)

Loren wrote:
@Edlin: That could actually work pretty well. Gamers' character, Ilyse, is a wandering former cleric and one of his ideas for her (although he can probably go more in-depth about it) was to have someone from a neighbouring kingdom request/hire her to save a person who's been taken by the dune raiders/slavemongers. Maybe they could meet while he escaped?

Awesome! So will Edlin be the one hiring or the one being captured?
Loren wrote:
@Kidd. A merchant's a pretty rad idea, so I'm definitely thinking of accepting him. O: It could work pretty well with other characters.

Yay! :> I hope so
Loren wrote:
@KhaeosMage: Most of the necromancers' servants are slaves or undead (no salaries) but having a free servant is not completely unheard of, if rare. It could work! Alternatively, maybe he could be some sort of apprentice or secretary to deal with the paperwork? Undead can't really do the latter thing and maybe the necromancer doesn't trust slaves to do it.

That'd be cool! In fact, perhaps he could be all three at once?
Also, I should be able to have at least most of my character's info by tonight :)
Loren Topic Starter

@Edlin: I was thinking that him being captured could work best? He seems to be the kind of guy that would go in himself if he wanted to rescue someone. On the other hand, who'd hire Ilyse to rescue him? Another option could be that we'd follow your initial idea - he'd gotten himself captured by Dune Raiders and almost got sold into slavery before another character (Ilyse) saved him, but she'd be looking for somebody else.

@Khaos: That could work, yeah. Would he be any good at dark magic in general, though? Maybe he could have ruined his masters' plans by messing up his part in the latters' magical ritual or dark spell.

Loren wrote:
@Edlin: I was thinking that him being captured could work best? He seems to be the kind of guy that would go in himself if he wanted to rescue someone. On the other hand, who'd hire Ilyse to rescue him? Another option could be that we'd follow your initial idea - he'd gotten himself captured by Dune Raiders and almost got sold into slavery before another character (Ilyse) saved him, but she'd be looking for somebody else.

Hmm... yeah, I think my idea would work best. As for hiring Ilyse I can't imagine anyone going out of their way to rescue Edlin, besides maybe his spiritual mentor. But, then again, he can't really interact with mortals unless Edlin has a strong connection with them... and it's not like Torazel can materialize money out of thin air, so I'm thinking maybe my idea would be fitting enough.
Loren wrote:
@Khaos: That could work, yeah. Would he be any good at dark magic in general, though? Maybe he could have ruined his masters' plans by messing up his part in the latters' magical ritual or dark spell.

Perhaps a natural at the magic- gifted, but unrefined- and his accident-prone luck could be an enormous factor as to why he's not quite advancing as a proficient dark arts master already ^^'
And... yeah, he could do that. Accidentally ruin beyond any hope of redoing a part of the dark ritual. hehe
...... Actually, that could tie in pretty well with Kidd's character. What do ya say, Kidd? You feel like your character should have a piece of the Auspice for a bit?
Loren Topic Starter

@Edlin: Yeah, I think your idea's the one we should go with!
@Khaeos: That could work! Also, necromancy is a pretty "oh let's go cut corpses and spend two days putting up a pentagram" kind of magical art so it requires organization and focus, which might be something your apprentice lacked despite his talent (to tie in with his terrible luck and habit of ruining dark rituals).

Edit: That's up to Kidd, but it's a thought.
What I have so far...
I had too much fun with the notes
Draken901 wrote:
...... Actually, that could tie in pretty well with Kidd's character. What do ya say, Kidd? You feel like your character should have a piece of the Auspice for a bit?
I would be okay with that!! I would just want to know about what this Auspice is exactly. I assume Ramez would not know much about the piece he has, if anything at all.
Kidd wrote:
Draken901 wrote:
I would be okay with that!! I would just want to know about what this Auspice is exactly. I assume Ramez would not know much about the piece he has, if anything at all.

The Auspice resembles something like a large iron medallion, painted green, bronze, blue, and white. It has an icon resembling a serpent's skull in the middle, surrounded by Istine etchings and runes. Your character would probably have a piece resembling a jagged triangle, going down to part of the middle.
Perfect. Ramez will take it. Sounds fun :D

So how will this all be organised? Will there be a set plot
with character arcs and so on? How do you think they'll all meet?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Kritarchy of Dei Iuris (Re-Open) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus