Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Good time

Ok guys. I seen my inspiration for this on the intro thread. And now I'm curious. I ain't trying to do no random RPR side dating thing or anything but it's just for fun. Guys and Gals. Let's hear some opinions here. What's your idea of a perfect night or day out with a significant other? And so no one feels embarrassed I'll start.

For me a significant other would get spoiled. Only one girlfriend in my past has received this. And that's cause then I was young and didn't know the value of a dollar. Now I do though and still wish to take a girl out and give all this to her. Preferably one I would want to spend the rest of my life with. Blast being single. But anyways...

Good ol classic one-two of dinner and a movie. She would get a dozen roses along with a couple other bouquets of flowers of high beauty and luxury. Couple of random gift items including jewelry and some other random thing that would just make her laugh. And depending on the location watching the sunset on the beachfront followed by a moonlit walk on said beach. And as long as me and her would have the energy to stay up all night, watching the sunrise on that very same beach the next morning.
She asked that I remove this. I am terribly sorry for it.
Sanne Moderator

A perfect night out needs no roses, fancy dinner or anything like that. It makes me feel uncomfortable and unsure, and I think it's a bit corny. I'd rather be surprised with my favorite song and a good cuddle on the couch, watching a funny movie. Joking, hell, even farting and laughing about it will make it perfect! Being ourselves makes me happiest, because that's what's going to last till the day when we're old and wrinkly. I can't be myself if I have to hoist myself into a fancy dress where I worry about spilling food onto it or tearing it with my clumsy moves, or being afraid to drink from a real fancy glass.

I'm all about going back to basic with this stuff. I've seen too many people who live a lie and pretend to be something they're not, fall in love with someone who's not real and only end up disappointed. And as corny as the advice may be, mine will ALWAYS be "Stay true to who you are". (If you're the kind of fellow who doesn't make roses and wine an exception, then that's something different.)

Not addressing anyone specifically. I don't know how you guys normally are so I can't say anything about it! Just giving an opinion on general happenings. :P
Kim Site Admin

Take me out dancing: Swing dancing, lindy hop, tango, salsa.

Then, when I am good and sore, bring me home for a quiet massage.

Food should probably be involved somewhere in there lest I become ravenous. ;)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That's kind of tricky to answer, in my mind there's no one thing you can do to have a perfect day/night together. I do agree with Sanne's point that roses do not make a relationship.

I don't have a significant other but if I did, the perfect time would just be the two of us doing something we both enjoy (and for you dirty minded people, I'm not referring to that) and just being happy together. That said, taking someone out for a nice romantic dinner is fun and I am pretty good at listening to what she says and picking up on the things she likes. It's always fun to pull off nice little surprises based on those things and making her smile.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Kim wrote:

Sounds like dating you is dangerous, there's a chance of being eaten if food isn't part of the evening ;)
Kim Site Admin

darth_angelus wrote:
Kim wrote:

Sounds like dating you is dangerous, there's a chance of being eaten if food isn't part of the evening ;)

OM NOM NOM
darth_angelus wrote:
That's kind of tricky to answer, in my mind there's no one thing you can do to have a perfect day/night together. I do agree with Sanne's point that roses do not make a relationship.

I don't have a significant other but if I did, the perfect time would just be the two of us doing something we both enjoy (and for you dirty minded people, I'm not referring to that) and just being happy together. That said, taking someone out for a nice romantic dinner is fun and I am pretty good at listening to what she says and picking up on the things she likes. It's always fun to pull off nice little surprises based on those things and making her smile.

Some may consider this all bollocks and fairy tale, we find it absolutely hilarious and dare not ever do it again. Never been so nervous in my life. I even had sweat stains under my arms.

But she doesn't mind if I embarrass myself.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Kim wrote:
darth_angelus wrote:
Kim wrote:

OM NOM NOM

Scary but worth the risk ;)
Sherlock wrote:
Some may consider this all bollocks and fairy tale, we find it absolutely hilarious and dare not ever do it again. Never been so nervous in my life. I even had sweat stains under my arms.

The fact that it sounds fairy tale makes that kind of romance appealing.
We truthfully did not like it, but we did have fun with it. Something we laugh about every so often and something we can poke fun of with one another. I get a stick of deodorant every year for our anniversary as a constant reminder. I will say this though, I not only used a whole stick for that occasion; I also had one in my pocket.
My SO is gone from February 1st to the end of April with only two or three weeks home spread out over the course of the day. One Saturday when he was home I booked a very nice and rather expensive hotel room in the city and made sure it had a jacuzzi tub in it. I had a reservation at a nice, romantic french restaurant a few blocks away. We walked to the restaurant from our hotel and back. That night we had the most massive bubble baths that you can imagine - literally three feet of bubbles. We ordered expensive macaroni and cheese at 11pm just because and had breakfast in bed.

Other dates include home made breakfasts, flying kites, or playing video games together ( ;p ).

I told him I wanted a spontaneous date once, or just a simple surprise. So we were just going to go on one of our regular dinner dates and a movie, he ended up taking me to the humane society so we could look at the kittens and cats, puppies and dogs. (We're considering getting another cat, and I also adore visiting the humane society.)
A cat named Fox....what a great idea!
I am happy I read it before she asked you to remove it, Sherlock. ;p
Sherlock wrote:

Our current cat is named Boba Fett. We've been arguing about what to name another cat if we got it. It'd likely be a female.
She wants for all to know she wasn't mad about me throwing that out there, but I've never seen her cheeks turn so bright.
Dylan wrote:
Sherlock wrote:

Our current cat is named Boba Fett. We've been arguing about what to name another cat if we got it. It'd likely be a female.

Foxy Fox. Even better!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Out of respect, I edited the quote in my reply to remove it as well :)
Thank you kindly Sir darth.
Something handmade, something expensive, something she enjoys doing, something she's always wanted to do.

What can she do for me? I dunno, I prefer giving. She could show up. :P

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Good time

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus