Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Three Wishes [OPEN]

Yundra (played by BlackJack)

The wind blows on a warm sunny day,as the sun shines down on a small field. In the middle of the field lay a golden lamp. It was rusty and plants had grown around it. It looked like it hadn't been touched in years.

Of course inside lived a female Genie named Yundra. She was only there to grant wishes but couldn't grant her own. She really wanted to be free and live her life out on earth,but she was stuck in the lamp.

Its been seven years sense I made a wish come true...I wish someone would pick up this lamp already!!!!!
With his dark shades obscuring his blind eyes, and his almost jovial attitude lending a spring to his step, Sam was the picture of happiness.

That is, until he tripped over something. Leave it to the blind man to trip over nothing in his path. Sam cursed as he stumbled over something that he hadn't felt with his cane. In his anger, he hefted a good solid kick at whatever it was, not realizing it was a lamp, before wincing as the object hurtled onward. Only for him to stumble over it a second time.

"Argh! Who left this can lying here for me to trip over?" Sam knocked his cane against the ground until he heard the thunk of plastic into metal and then he paused to bend down and pick up the can intending to toss it behind him for sure.

Except, it wasn't a can. He frowned as his hand passed around the smooth metal of the lamp. "What is this and why is it lying here?" he murmured to himself.
Yundra (played by BlackJack) Topic Starter

Yundra came from the lamp,slightly rubbing her head. "Damn...Who kicked my la- OH!" She cleared her throught and put on a smile. "Ok,um... You have rubbed my magic lamp so you get three wishes form me,the genie named Yundra! Your wish is my command...blah blah blah. What's your first wish sir?"
Sam stopped doing whatever he was doing. For that matter, he dropped the lamp entirely from his suddenly sweating fingers and he turned his head this way and that, trying to zero in on the location of the speaker.

"Look, man, this isn't funny. I'm blind, not stupid. If you think I'm going to fall for some stupid trick like this, you've got another thing coming. Try someone else."

"UGH!Please stop dropping my lamp!" She shook her head and crossed her arms. "How can I prove that I'm not lying? Im telling you the truth!" Yundra got up and flipped her lamp up right. She crossed her arms and looked down. She knew it would be hard to prove this to a blind male,but she will try.
He frowned and his grip tightened on his cane. His mouth opened before he could rethink his choice. "Fine then, if you're a genie, I wish to see again."

If he had a white-knuckled grip on his cane, it was only because he had no idea which would be worse: seeing a genie before him, or knowing that he'd be stuck in darkness for the rest of his life.

"Your wish,is my command." She granted his wish with a smile. Everytime she granted a wish,another bracelet would appear around her arms. She had a lot of them and only wished to be free. "You have two more wishes left. Rub my lamp when ready."

She went back inside of her lamp and started thinking.

He doesn't seem as smart as the last guy I tangoed with. That last guy was jerk.HMPH! Using his last wish to get three more wishes. He promised he would let me free but he lied.
Sam blinked as the darkness in front of his eyes faded, or lightened rather. Suddenly hazy forms began to register, slowly becoming more focused. He ripped the shades off his face, his cane forgotten as he stared around him in...wonder? awe? terror?

How had he forgotten how green the grass was? How blue the sky was? How white the clouds? How brown the trees? His eyes filled with tears and for once he wasn't worried about crying. The sight alone was too much for him.

And then his gaze fell upon the lamp. He picked it up, gently, turning it over in his hands. "A genie? I didn't know such things--er, creatures--existed."

Yundra's lamp started to glow in his hands as a voice came from it. "Genies are as real as you,and everyone else." Yundra wouldn't come out of the lamp untill he rubs it.
He tried to peer into the lamp and when that didn't work, he gave it a rub. "At least let me look at you?" he asked, almost plaintively. "I haven't seen anything in a long while. Several...years. Um, thank you."

He had to pass his hand over his eyes to wipe away the extra moisture gathering on his face. His eyes were unaccustomed to the glare of the sun and only after a minute did he remember his sunglasses and put them on. That was better. But weird with everything having a strange tint to it.

Yundra came from the lamp with amazing beauty. Her hair was long and black. Her hair reached at least to her ankles. Her blue eyes sparkled in the sun,and her blue and gold clothes finished up her divine beauty. "I find your happiness with your sight?"

Her smile was sweet as she put her hands on his,keeping her lamp extra safe.
Sam stared at her, his eyes almost misting over again. "You're gorgeous." Alright, so she was the first girl he'd seen in...well, years. And that just meant he'd be gawping at everyone he passed.

He flushed and cleared his throat, though unable and unwilling to look away, "Sorry. Um, so," he hesitated, wondering if he should even ask the next question; what if the genie took it the wrong way? Would she take his ability to see away with her?

Tentatively, he continued, "Um, how did you get to be a genie?"

Yundra smiled even more and seemed joyful. "I use to be a normal girl untill I found an empty bronze lamp. When I touched it,a bracelet appeared around my wrist and I was put into the lamp. After a while of reading the books that I have in there...I realized that I was now a genie."

She giggled a little as she removed one hand from his hand and placed it softly on his left cheek.
"As my magical skills increased,my lamp turned gold."
He nearly did drop the lamp again. "So you just had the misfortune of picking up a lamp and presto-change-o you were a genie?" He wasn't sure he liked that idea. What if he had been changed into a genie? His luck he'd be the first blind genie in all the land!

"I'm not sure I'd like that," he murmured, gently reaching for her hand that was cupped against his cheeking and moving it so he could see the bracelet around her wrist. He touched it gently. "Do they hurt?"

She slightly winced. "Yes,a little. They are like handcuffs and they are on way too tight." Yundra pulled her arms back away from him quickly.
He frowned and let her pull away, his thoughts turning to how to help her. "Can a genie use another genie?" he asked. Or was she so confined in the lamp that it would be impossible?

For that matter, why did one have to rub a lamp to get a genie to appear? But the mention of the bracelets being so tight worried him. Perhaps she had no circulation to speak of, but being in pain for however long she had been a genie was no way to live either.

"I can't...no matter what...Only the person who uses the lamp can set me free." Yundra looked down sadly. "Anyway...you have two wishes left. Use them wisely." She went back into her lamp as it started to glow once more.

If I get too many of those bracelets...then it's my time to...die. She was crying on the inside of her lamp,and he could hear her.
He could hear her crying and that wasn't good. A genie wasn't supposed to cry. He picked up the lamp and looked it over. What must it be like to be confined to a lamp for eternity? Why was he even thinking about such a thing?

Maybe if he found an empty lamp, he could get his ex-girlfriend, Jenna, to touch it. But even he wasn't that cruel.

"Look, I, uh, really don't have that many wishes I want. Sight was really the only one I needed back. And, oh, having a sports bike too. But...other than that," he shrugged, "I'm good. So you might as well take my third wish to set you free."

Yundra's lamp started to glow more. "Listen...I..I'm a prisoner genie. Only the person who holds my lamp can set me free...b-but... That person must know me well and care about me first." As she got sadder,the lamp started getting a little dull.
Of course there was a hidden clause in there somewhere. He frowned. "But if people are only using you all the time... there's no way you could ever get set free. Especially if the three requests were fired off in succession."

He frowned and regarded the lamp for a long moment. It would look good on the mantle over his fireplace. If he had a fireplace. He wasn't sure what his apartment looked like anymore. Certainly the walls were bare.

"Umm, you want to come home with me?" He asked uncertainly.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Three Wishes [OPEN]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus