Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » IN/IL/KY Tri-State Area: Free cats!

To anyone in the Indiana - Illinois - Kentucky Tri-State area near Evansville, IN!

We have eleven cats to get rid of.
Three are about eight weeks old: Orange, Black, Gray and Black
Four are about four weeks old, but ARE eating solid food and are no longer nursing: Orange, Orange, Black, Gray and Black.
Four are bout four DAYS old and not yet ready to be separated, and are all Gray and Black.
If interested, PM me.
Sanne Moderator

I am so interested but it cannot be. D:

I REALLY hope they'll find good homes though!!!
I hope so too :/
Yes, please... someone give a home to a kittah!! They are lovely... but we have so many. And they just keep showing up... I'm going to be a crazy cat lady!!
Minerva

Been through that cycle. They don't stop breeding, either. That's the problem.

It only compounds. Wish I could help but... that's wayyy out of the way.

580x295_2D00_catOffspring.jpg

I was lucky in starting with two females, but once they got outside... man, that was that.
Yeah... love the pic! That's EXACTLY how it happened!
Minerva

That's how it always happens. That's just how cats are. And then you end up wanting to punch someone in the face because they're like "Just spay all of them!" "DUDE, I have TWELVE. Are YOU GOING TO PAY FOR ME?"
And then of course you get told to give them to the shelters, and you see their cute little faces looking with big, blue, helpless eyes going "But they might put me to sleep!" and you can't do that either.
So then you reason with yourself that maybe you can wean them and give them away, which is where you're at now.
You may get to a point I sadly got to, and in desperation considered releasing them to the wild with their parents there when they seemed of manageable age, but that's going to shred your heart too.
Just hope that when you get lucky and find them a house, they don't manage to get out and pull the fantastic voyage back home. That happened to us too.
I'll be honest, I actually looking into shelters- but none of them in the area are taking cats. All full up.

We are working on getting them all spayed- but as you mentioned, yeah, it's a bit of cash to get them all done at once. Plus, there's two that we can't catch, so we've got a trap for, but we've got to babysit the trap when we put it out because of the skunks...
Minerva

Honestly, I was well beyond babysitting the wild cats in our area. We lived well out in the boonies. Wild cats were common there. I'm not one to follow the "how dare they kill the wildlife" mindset, because... um, technically, wild cats were settled around before we were, and have always done that and nature has survived. I don't think birds are any more beautiful than cats, they're equal, and it's nature. =) I just took care of my own and did not have it in me to put them somewhere that they were going to be put down. Especially starting with Kratos since black cats have a higher mortality rate in shelters. I don't really see it as any sort of courtesy to catch them out of an environment they've been surviving in just fine, to end up in a cage, or dead on a table. That, and I know first-hand what putting animals to sleep does and perhaps it makes it more difficult to accept. Most people think they just close their eyes, not thrash around and vomit/crap on themselves and struggle.

God bless and here's to hoping to find a non-kill shelter.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » IN/IL/KY Tri-State Area: Free cats!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus