Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Welcome to Prison Institute (OPEN)

Stella Lyewood (played by spider_pig_girl)

"It would!" she laughed, for the first time since she'd been tossed in here like a forgotten antique into the basement. A nearby guard shushed her loudly, and she shrank back into the corner she'd been in and resumed her tapping.
If she was going insane, she'd at least keep track of the seconds until she did.
Mikey just looked down at the ground, shaking slightly.

13,684 taps later, the guard that had shushed Stella was at her door.

"Cuffs!" he barked. She stuck her hands through the hole in the cell meant for such a thing. Once on, the door was unlocked and the guard hooked a different set of handcuffs to her: ones that were attached to the belt on her uniform. Her arm movement was a little more relaxed this time. She wondered if it was finally lunch.

And it was. They were having some of the most disgusting sloppy joes she'd ever seen, but her stomach was gnawing at itself from the hunger. She avoided eye contact with the server, grabbed her tray, and moved along to an empty table, closest to the heavily guarded outside doors.
Soon after the guard took Stella, A guard came around to his cell, cuffing Cuffing him. "It's about time..." Mikey said to the guard. "Be quiet!" The guard ordered as he brought Mikey to the lunch room.

Mikey grabbed his lunch, making unbreakable eye contact with the server, he wanted to scare them, and it seemed like it did. He sat down at the table across from Stella. "Hello..." he said quietly as he looked down at his disgusting lunch.
Brooklyn Carmina Burana (played by duckling_)

Soon after the two strangers along the corridor had been taken past her cell towards the lunch hall, a guard came to fetch Brooke. He was a little scrawny guy, only around the age of twenty one. He looked pertirfied of Brooke as he slowly opened her cell, shaking violently as she slowly got up and walked over to him, grinning from ear to ear. He was obviously sent since none of the other guards wanted to bother with her. They were probably just as afraid as this lad was. He inched towards her and quickly took off her straitjacket before replacing it with tight cuffs. He then pushed her gently out of the cell, afraid to upset her. He pushed her in the direction of the lunch hall and Brooke growled. "I know where I'm going, teeny." She hissed as she started bouncing down the corridor, snapping back into her crazy-happy personality. She bounded into the lunch hall, slamming her feet down as she stood still and surveyed it. She laughed slightly before walking over, getting her lunch and sitting down at the table behind the two strangers that had walked past her cell earlier.

"Hey. Nice to be doing something in this hellhole, huh?" Stella said to Mikey just as Brooke sat down at the next table. Stella turned to invite Brooke, but the crazed look on her face quickly changed Stella's mind.
"So, uh..." Stella swallowed a bite of her sandwich, turning her stomach into a pile of knots from the taste. "Why are you in here? If I may ask," she added hastily.
"I killed a man..." Mikey responded to Stella. He didn't eat one bite of his lunch, which was pretty odd.

Oh.
"Oh," she said.
Oh, okay then, she thought in a high-pitched voice.
"I'm just here on the 'institute' side," she groaned, which was surprisingly easy. Maybe it was the sandwich.
Which Mikey hadn't touched.
At all.
And Stella recognized this sign. The possibility was slim, but maybe...
"...you know, I think some of the meat in here is still raw," she pointed out, holding her stomach. "I really shouldn't eat any more..."
Stella shoved her plate aside and slumped back in her seat.

Brooke seemed to stare at the two strangers before stabbing her her sandwich with a fork repetadly. She didn't plan on eating anything in this hellhole. It could be poisoned. Besides, she hadn't eaten in the past three days. She wasn't going to start again. She turned her attention back to the pair, easily hearing their conversation even though she was a table away.
"Raw?" Mikey lifted one eyebrow. He then dig through the sandwich and pulled out the meat. "Definitely raw..." He sighed. "They're definitely trying to poison us..."

The time was 12:50, by the hands of the clock on the wall. Whether it was accurate or not, the guards used it as such, and shouted to the prisoners from a raised podium in the center of the far wall.
"TEN MINUTES, MAGGOTS!"
Stella felt a poke of a police baton in her back.
"Clean yer mess," the scraggly-toothed guard growled. Stella caught a whiff of whiskey and some other stench... Was that... Onion? She shuddered, held her breath, and took her nasty tray over to the a table with a sign labeled DISH DUMP.
Herded back to the cell she'd sought for so long to escape, Stella couldn't help but wonder how many taps it would take between now and her next egress.
"Get in, filth," the same guard snarled, shoving her into the cell and removing her cuffs. He sauntered off, leaving Stella with a chance to breathe air that wasn't putrid.
Look who's talking, FILTH, she thought, plopping back down to the ground.

Brooke grinned as she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Let's g-go." Said the scrawny boy from before. She laughed quietly before getting up, emptying and slamming her tray into the pile. She bounced over to the boy who seemed slightly less scared of her. He hadn't seen her mad yet though, so she was going to hold him to that. He saddled her back into her straitjacket before dragging her back to her cell, throwing her in and quickly trotting off. She simply laughed again before rocking back and forth on her heels, bored again.
"Shut up, bitch!" Mikey snapped at the guard at the podium as the same guard from before came to take him back to his cell. The guard hit him with a baton for being rude, and Mikey just growled at him. There wasn't much he could do, honestly. He was thrown back in his cell, and Mikey just plopped down on the ground, bored once again.

Stella began singing a song under her breath, low enough so no one could hear... For a while.
"And now... I'm lost in paradise..."
"SHUT UP!" a different guard from before yelled, clanging his baton against the bars loudly. Stella glared at him, her eyes flickering like a flame for a split second before returning to hazel. The guard backed away, mumbling about "all these ****ed up kids these days."
Stella smiled to herself over her insignificant victory. One down, millions more to come.
Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
Mikey sat in the corner of his cell, shaking. He really wanted to get out of the cell, probably pick a fight or something, he wasn't really sure but he just wanted to get out.

The guard returned.
"Rec room time!" he ordered, and Stella stood to get her cuffs on. She was led, along with others from her cell block, to a room with the oldest TV she'd ever seen in person flickering.
An old, broken treadmill sat gathering dust in the far corner, along with a long-dead vending machine that appeared to have once sold a cola that hadn't been manufactured in decades. A Foosball table sat with a few of the plastic players broken off at the legs. Moth-eaten couches, about six in total, were randomly strewn about the place. They were all different colors, fabrics, and degrees of lumpy.
Stella walked over to a couch by the treadmill, a flattened chocolate brown one with yellow stains on one side that she hoped were mustard. She sat on the opposite side from the stains, and began singing another song to herself, a little louder than before.
"When I'm down and I'm done,
And I'm coming unplugged,
When I'm ready to fall,
You're the one...
...always holding me up, with love..."
A guard came back to Mikey's cell. He cuffed him, making sure they were on tight, and led him down the corridor to the same room that Stella was sitting in. He looked around the room. "You gotta be ****ing kidding me..." He said as the guard hit him on the back of the head. "Hope you have fun!" The guard laughed as he left Mikey in the room, still cuffed.

Brooke was led by yet again, the scrawny boy. He shoved her into the room and quickly ran away, very scared since she was now out of her cell. Brooke growled as she was still in her straitjacket, which she hated. She squirmed around a bit before leaning against the far wall, sliding down it. She sat her chin on her knees and watched the other two they were the best entertainment she was going to get for the rest of her time here.
Mikey just looked over at Brooke, then slowly looked away. "So what the hell are we supposed to do in here...?"

Stella finished her song, which she had spent staring at her cupped hands. She put them to her sides, looked up at her two fellow prisoners, and realized just how much she did not belong here.
At least there was a window, even if it was another tiny prison window, big enough for a kitten to squeeze through.
"So much for 'recreation'..." she said, going back to humming. She cupped her hands again, like she'd trapped a butterfly inside, and only a small blue light emanated from within.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Welcome to Prison Institute (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus