Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Welcome to Prison Institute (OPEN)

Mikey sat in his cell, pretending that nothing had happened. He paced back in forth, knowing he would be questioned by a guard.
Stella Lyewood (played by spider_pig_girl)

Stella listened as the guard approached Brooke's door, then moved to Mikey's.
No matter what happened now, at least she and Brooke were safe. She hoped Mikey would get away with it, too.
"Where were you the last hour?" the guard barked, his temper rising.
"I was sitting in this ****ing cell for the last hour..." Mikey snapped at the guard. "Where else would i be?"

"Are you sure you weren't in the rec room?" the guard growled, staring Mikey down.
"No one's been down this way since lunchtime," Stella said loudly.
"I didn't ask you!" the guard barked back.
"No, I have not, idiot." Mikey raised his voice at the guard, since he raised his voice at him.

The guard surveyed the area once more, and cleared his throat.
"If I discover that any of you has lied, you will feel more than the legal wrath required for what just happened. This is your only warning."
"Legal for... Wait, what happened?" Stella wondered. The guard's eyes stared daggers at her.
"If you've been lying, you'll know. Otherwise, it's none of your damn business."
He stormed off, allowing Stella's heart to rest.
"Whew," she breathed. "That was so close. I'm glad we're all safe for now."
"Yeah..." Mikey wiped his forehead with the back of his hand.

Judging by the setting sun outside her own bulletproof glass window at the top of the wall, Stella assumed it was about 6 in the evening. Curfew was in 4 hours, but for some reason, all she wanted to do was sleep.
Instead, she curled up in a little ball in the corner, and cried silently. Brooke's maniacal laughter rang on and on, and that's all Stella could hear.

The next morning, a loud siren went off at 7am, signaling the start of the torture day. Stella woke in the same fetal position she'd been in the night before. She stretched, cursed the fact that there was still no clock, and wondered how her second day in captivity would fare.
She got her answer soon after. A guard came up, cuffed her, and lead her out of the cell. She passed both Mikey and Brooke, and stole quick glances at her partners in crime, whom she wouldn't see again until lunch time.
Then the real reason she'd been sent to this abyss became clear.
For five hours.
As the sirens went off, Mikey awoke on the ceiling of his cell. Sleeping upside down on the ceiling seemed to be the only way Mikey could make himself comfortable. He got down from the ceiling, definitely not looking forward to today. He waved to Stella as she walked by his cell.

"Stella."
Stel refused to meet the speaker's eye. She was fuming inside, but she kept a straight face and picked at the hem of her shirt.
"You seem angry."
No shit, she thought.
"Is it me? Is it from being in here?"
Strike one, strike two.
"Is it your family?"
Stella willed herself to not change any behavior, though her face nearly betrayed her fury. As far as she knew now, she had no family. Not even the most important one to her.
No, she was alone, and always would be. No matter how many questions this shrink asked her, Stella vowed to spend every hour of her time in this stuffy room doing a menial task and loathing her "family."
"Your family didn't fill me in on the nature of your incarceration here, but if you won't let me in, I'll have to ask them."
This stopped Stella's picking.
"If you don't want them to get involved, just talk to me. Help me help you."
The woman smiled, her lipstick-plastered lips revealing teeth yellowed from years of smoking. If this bitch couldn't even help herself quit something so damaging, there was no way in hell Stella would open up to her.
That's when Stella noticed the clock.
9am.
At least she could watch the seconds tick down.
She matched the pace with her tapping finger, all the way until lunchtime.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Welcome to Prison Institute (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus