Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

Wilhelm was prepared for things to get messy before Qi'liv spoke up. Looking up to him he began to explain.
"Horrid creatures of the foulest Necromancy. The types we encountered were amalgamations of the dead. Bastardizations of what we believed to be bears or other animals and men. They oozed something not natural. It seemed to pollute the land around it and eat away at living matter. They were however unstable." He explains in hopes they will take the warning. "The Necromancer we assumed was responsible has since been killed and a Revanent is out there with the capabilities of creating them. The exact method we don't know. We don't know who else could be involved but if there are others this could be wide spreading. We hoped it was simply the work of a contained madman but now it seems bigger. Whoever is making them has great skill in the arts of necromancy and alchemy."
"As troubling as this information is." Spoke up the bluish grey Y'kish, Ponex. "We simply do not have a stone. And even then, where would it be kept? Unless it's some how cast off the ends of the earth, I highly doubt there's anywhere where it would truly be safe from falling into the wrong hands." Ponex said.

"It would be kept in the Paladin vaults." Alrick said. "And it wouldn't be given to the Empire. It would be given to the Paladins." Alrick said, looking to Maalen. "The only one who can open the vaults is the Grand Paladin. Not even the Arch Mae, or the emperor can get into it without the Grand Paladin's approval." Alrick said. Qi'ilv was in thought.

"Unfortunately, we do not have a Philosopher's Stone." Qi'ilv said. "I'm sorry that your journey was for nothing." He said. "I believe this meeting Councilors. "Very well." Spoke Viilk, as he and the other Councilors left. Most of hte guards left as well, leaving only the one who was staring at Jackie.

As the Council left with mixed feelings Wilhelm looked down frustrated.
"Of course it went this way." He pinches the ridge of his nose. He looks over to Alrick. "Least we weren't executed. But what do you propose next? It seems we'll be shipped back tomorrow if we're lucky." Meanwhile the guard focusing on Jackie remained by the door. It was tradition for two guard to remain with the Chieftain for all meetings. Next to the door nearby a secondary guard remained. Both stared forward but this one at Jackie more than the others.
Qi'ilv waited a moment before speaking. "We do have a Philosopher's stone." Qi'ilv explained. "Its existence is a closely guarded secret. Only I, Jaqyl, Motiib, and its keeper know of its existence." Qi'ilv explained. "The Stone's keeper, an elderly Mystic, keeps it in the far mountains beyond Vylhiin." Qi'ilv explained. "The dragon you spoke of is an ancient Chimera, made thousands of years ago by the founders of my kingdom." Qi'ilv said. "Under normal circumstances I would let you continue to believe you were mistaken. However, this news of Necromancers and False chimera is troubling. The Keeper is already aged, andm ore than likely on the verge of death. And the Chimera, whilst it is icnredibly powerful, there is only one. And if the Keeper were to die, it would become far easier for someone, such as the Revenant you mentioned, to slip past the Chimera." Qi'ilv explained.

Qi'ilv glanced to the guards. "The Councilors leave for their villages tonight. Tomorrow at dawn Jaqyl and Motiib will take you to the Mystic's home. But only you three. Your soldiers must remain here. The Chimera will more than likely confront you, and it doesn't like large crowds. When it does confront you, present it with this." Qi'ilv said handing Alrick a rather larger crest of some form in the shape of a Y'kish sword. It had odd markings on it. "The chimera will know what it is and allow you passage. Once you reach the Mystic, you will present the crest to her as well." Qi'ilv explained. "Once you have the stone, return here. There are far more mundane topics I wish to discuss with you. But that can wait." Qi'ilv said. "For tonight however, you will be staying in my Palace." Qi'ilv said. Alrick gave a bow. "Thank you, High Chieftain. We appreciate you're willingness to cooperate with us. If your attitude is anything to go by, things between the Y'kish Kingdoms and Amestra's Empire may be changing soon." Alrick said. Qi'ilv gave a nod. "Jaqyl, show them to their rooms if you would be so kind. Another guard will come and retrieve you for dinner." Qui'ilv said.

Jaqyl was still concentrating on Jackie as he approached. He looked up to Qi'ilv and gave a Y'kish salute.
"Yes my lord." He looks down to Jackie. "If you would be so kind as to follow." He says as Wilhelm speaks up.
"May I be so brash as to ask a question High Chieftain?" Wilhelm asks bowing. "Why not inform the other council members of this?"
"I don't assume I need to explain my people's bloodied past." Qi'ilv began. "My predecessors united Kyldrii with the use of their Philosopher's stone." He explained. "Out of worry that it would be turned against them, my Predecessors decided to keep its existence a secret, out of fear some renegade Warlord wouldn't attack to steal it." Qi'ilv said. "In recent years since the end of the war, Kyldrii has been in more political Turmoil the never. I fear all it would take is for one extremist to discover and steal the stone to destroy not only everything my predecesors worked for, but your Empire as well." Qi'ilv said. "As I'm sure you've discovered there's more than a few people in Kyldrii who're more than ready to claim any weapon they can to seek revenge on your Empire." Qi'ilv explained.

"Yes we had seen some rather. Disgruntled citizens. Though if what you say about it is true. I doubt any of them would make it there alive." Wilhelm gives him the Paladin salute and turns to the guard. "Thank you for your time, your majesty." He bows politely and follows. Jaqyl begins leading the Paladins out and into the in for bedrooms. As they go down it there's a high number of honor guard around. Often in groups of two they patrolled this wing with mechanical efficiency. This seemingly higher security was likely a precaution. It was obvious tensions were high and if what Qi'ilv said about a possible coupe brewing was true things were worse then Wilhelm had feared. After all if they were supporting them any attack could be made to look like an Empire strike. Caution was the upmost importance. Jaqyl brought them all to a series of three doors. "You've been given a room each. You'll find the comforts the Y'kish can offer as you're honored ambassadors. My lord wishes for you to be comfortable and make yourselves at home for the night." He says bowing as Wilhelm gives a polite nod in thanks and enters his room.
"Thank you, Jaqyl." Alrick said. "We appreciate the hospitality." Alrick said before going to another of the rooms. "Yeah thanks for the rooms." Jackie said, going to the last room. The rooms were mostly the same, each being a circular room carved out of the ice. Despite being made of ice, the rooms were surprisingly warm. They each had a rather extravagant looking bed, rug on the floor, a small fire place carved into the icy wall. There would be a table with a chair and a few dressers.

As Jackie went into her room Jaqyl went in after her.
"Forgive the intrusion Paladin. I simply wish to ask you a question." He says as the door is closed. The tall figures form would be intimidating to most. But Jackie had seen horrors which would drive many mad. But Jaqyl's presence was still something.
Jackie glanced over her shoudler when she heard Jaqyl's voice. She was put a little on edge by him closing the door behind him. "What is it?" She asked.

"How was it you became a Paladin? I had never heard of Y'kish doing such things. Especially after the war."
"Well I wanted to become a paladin and my Dad, Wilhelm let me." Jackie said. "Why?" She asked.

As Jaqyl looked at her wide eyed he could see for sure Jackie was who he thought.
"Your father.... Is your name Jakii by any chance?"
"It's pronounced Jackie." Jackie corrected. She never learned to properly pronounce her Y'kish name. "My Dad's in the next room over." She added.

"You believe the Human Paladin to be your father?" He appears to be stern faced but gently twitching as if needing to say something. However stoic like control stops any large outbursts.
"Well he did raise me." Jackie said, taking note of the guard's seeming restrained anger.

He removes his helmet and places it on a dresser to his side. His ears perk up once the helmet is off them.
"You don't remember before?"
"Uh...." Jackie began as she thought. "Barely." Jackie said. "All I really remember is flashes." Jackie began. "I remember A bunch of people with torches attacking my village. My parents put me inside our cellar to hide, and tried to fight the humans off." Jackie said, trying to recall as much as she could. "After that I remember crawling out of the cellar and staying in the village for a while crying. Then I Wilhelm found me.

Jaqyl nodded.
"It was the following day you were found. That was the end of the war. The last strike of our outer settlements. The day Wilhelm found you. The day you were taken. I thought wolves got you..." He says looking as if he's holding back tears.
Jackie glanced over at the guard, clearly confused. "What?" She questioned.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus