Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"You can change the stones form but it's energy is the same. Anyone who could detect it can detect it despite it's form. Though for those who can't detect magic silver is a good way to hide it's presence. I suggest a silver box or similar containment for it." He wanders up and takes it from Jackie. "For changing its form it requires focus and the ability to channel magic. Your Arch Mage I believe wields one? I can change its form but to change it back you should give it to him." He explains as he channels magic into the stone. It's form returns to the circlet. "Don't worry it is no more frail in this form. Shattering this stones would require some of the most powerful magical weapons or spells and that's merely a theory of mine." He hands it back to Jackie.
Alrick nodded. "Thank you." He said. "Before we leave, do you have any records you wish us to bring back to the High Chieftain? Any journals you have written, dead knowledge that only you retain, anyhting of that sort?" Alrick asked. "Because once you are gone, I doubt anyone will be returning to this place to maintain it. Especially if that Chimera continues after you." He added.

Jackie took the stone back. She didn't get why it was given to her still, but whatever. She can just give it to Alrick or Wilhelm once they leave.

"The Chimera goes with me. Any knowledge I have is likely long since useful. As I see with you all now times have changed and evolved. When I'm gone if someone wishes to risk a trip up here for anything I may leave then that is their call. Besides. Chances are few even believe I exist now." He slams his staph on the ground. "Now get moving. You'd want to be down the mountain before nightfall. The Wyvern's aren't known for being as kind as my Chimera even if you have that talisman."
Alrick nodded. He bowed, beofre saluting the Mystic, as did the others, before they left. The trip from the mountain back to the ice wall was thankfully rather peaceful. The Dragons and Wyverns had scavenged what was left of the fight with the orcs earlier by now, leaivng the path as though nothing had happened. By now Jackie had handed the stone off to Wilhelm, not sure leaving it with her was the best idea.

As they made their way down the mountain things were oddly quiet. Everyone was contemplating what just happened and what they all learnt. In their hands was a Philosopher Stone in the form of a circlet. The small red gem the only visual representation of the stone. When Jackie handed it over Wilhelm couldn't help but admire it.
"This will need to be reported to Qi'ilv as I feel if the other council members learn of this they won't be as open to us taking the stone. I'm doubting he will even like us taking it." Wilhelm says to Alrick as they trek down the mountain.
"I'm sure we'll be able to convince him." Alrick said, as they passed the ice wall and mounted their drakes. They returned to Vylhiin thankfully rather quickly. It would be about ten o' clock by the time they got to the palace. They were taken to the thrown room. Qui'ilv smiled when they returned. "I see you are all back in one piece!" He said, getting up from his thrown. "Did you retrieve the stone?" Qui'ilv asked.

"Not without our share of trouble. As I suspected earlier the Revenant and it's Chimera ambushed us with some Orcs. They were taken care of and their Chimera devastated by the one that was guarding the stone." Wilhelm went into his pouch to retrieve the circlet. "The Mystic handed it over after seeing Jackie and hearing our tale. Seemed at first that the scars of the war were still fresh for someone as old as him."
"Good." Qui'ilv said, grinning. "However, I am unsurprising with the Mystic's hesitance. It's not often that former enemies return and ask for such a powerful artifact only giving their word that nothing bad will come of it." Qui'ilv said. "Now then, for those more mundane matters. For the past few months I have had messages sent to your Emperor discussing potential means of mending the wounds between our people. He has given me permission to send a few Y'kish Diplomats down to form an embassy, and he will send his own Diplomats here." Qui'ilv explained. "Jaqyl, you will be amongst the diplomats sent to Arkden." Qui'ilv explained.

Alrick was rather surprised by this news. He couldn't say he was upset though. This would be an amazing show of trust between both.

Jaqyl froze.
"Chieftain, you're assigning me to Arkden? I'm honored, if a little surprised." Jaqyl was rather surprised by this. He was hardly a diplomat himself. At most he was a guard. "May I ask what my purpose in joining them would be?" He asks out of curiocity as the shock of this announcement still rattles in his head. Hearing of discussions being happening for months made Wilhelm pause. Discussions must have been going on before this discovery and incident begun. The timing was rather convenient and well placed. Perhaps the gods were looking down on them in this trying time. Wilhelm looked to Alrick to gauge the old mans response. Seeing a look of restrained joy he figured this truly was a positive step. Assuming the tensions of the towns people could be kept at bay and either sides diplomats avoided causing problems fractures could be fixed.
"Well, you're one of the best warriors I know, and I'm not foolish enough to send diplomats into former enemy territory without protection. I fully expect the Empire to send some of their best warriors to protect their diplomats as well." Qui'ilv said. "Furthermore, I do not wish to tear your newly found family apart." He said, indicating Jackie.

Bowing in a respectful manner and hiding the tears running down his cheeks Jaqyl thanked the Chieftain in the most professional way he could.
"Thank you, Chieftain. This is an honor and an act of kindness I could never repay." Wilhelm looked between him and Jackie. He had an odd feeling. Hearing that Jackie would have a blood relative in town. Feeling slightly apprehensive but he smiled. Wilhelm took a step forward and took a knee respectfully.
"This will do a great deal for our future. If the matter is attended to though we would like to give you our formal report and begin making our way back to Arkden with all do respect. Given what we have to transfer, time is of the essence in it's safe transport."
Jackie wasn't quite sure how to react at first, before eventually a smile spread on her face. She tried to keep herself from crying with joy. She'd finally have some of her birth family around. She'd be able to reconnect with her uncle, whom she didn't have many memories of, learn about what her birth parents were like, what Kyldrii is like on a grander scale than what she had experienced, as well as having someone around who could help her figure out how some aspects of her body worked that Wilhelm couldn't.

"You're very welcome, Jaqyl." Qui'ilv said, before turning his attention to Wilhelm. "Very well." He said.

The rest of the day involved everyone giving statements and reports of their mission. Trusted scribes wrote down what they said and reports were given to both Alrick and Qui-ilv. The Paladin's were all given rooms for the night and the following day plans were made for their long trip to Arkden with three of the Diplomats, including Jaqyl and an assorted guard of twelve would be sent to follow them and establish the embassy. The others would be sent in coming months once full measures were put in place.
The trip back to Arkden was just as long as the trip to Kyldrii was. Thankfully, it wasn't near as tense. It was clear Qui'ilv chose more open minded guards to accompany the convoy across into Amestra, and after a fewh orus of travel the human soldiers began to open up a bit more, sharing stories between of their exploits with the Y'kish guards, who in turn shared their own stories.

Jackie was clearly in a better mood going back to Arkden than she was going to Kyldrii, mostly becauseo f the presence of her Uncle. She'd eagerly gone into rambling about the various things she liked to do in the capital, the vast assortment of dogs Wilhelm and Adrianna had, and describing the small handful of friends she had, mostly other Paladin apprentices.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus