Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"That's where things get a little complex. You see Alrick was being sent north to investigate the possibility of a philosopher stone in Kyldrii." Just saying the countries name makes him nervous. "We were requested to join due to you and me personally. As we show a working relationship between Man and Y'kish." He looks over to Jackie waiting for her response.
Jackie's eyes widened. "W-We're going up to Kyldrii?" She asked. "No offense but if the council thinks they'll jsut hand over a Philosopher's stone to the same people that started a war with them, they're crazy." Jackie said. "And why are they sending Aldrik?" Jackie asked. "He's like, the oldest Paladin in the council, and he's definitely not the best fighter. If Y'Kish warriors don't get him, then the cold will." Jackie said.

Wilhelm pinches the bridge of his nose.
"He's probably the most diplomatic of them all. In the aftermath of the war the Empire hardly wants to take chances so the Emperor himself requested a Paladin goes to investigate." He looks out the window to the streets. "Word was sent up to the Y'kish government and they're gonna have a representative meet us at the boarder. Alrick was one of the ones who got a ceasefire during the war. They should trust him. But as an extra bit of good faith you and me. We represent the closing of old wounds." He pushes back his hair. "Just don't expect them to welcome you with open arms. To some you'll likely be seen as a traitor."
Jackie nodded, and looked at the floor again. She had't seen another Y'kish since she was little. For obvious reasons, both environmental and societal, Y'kish very rarely moved this far south. Seeing Y'kish in human territory at all was rare, and amongst those living in human territory seeing social Y'kish was even more rare.
'when are we leaving?" Jackie asked.

"Tomorrow afternoon. We're traveling with a convoy which will include an offering in hopes of soothing things over. But that gives us a day. And I feel we have an opportunity here." He says standing and wandering to the window. Looking out at people as they wandered by.
"A great opportunity for what?" Jackie asked after a brief silence. Even with Alrik present, and Jackie and Wilhelm as an example of how humans and Y'kish can work together, she still doubted they would even consider handing over their Philosopher's stone.

"Arch Mage Delius would know a great deal about philosopher stones. Far more than anything we could have in our records. I feel he can help shed some light on them especially if it's possible Kyldrii have one he would be willing to tell us." He looks over to Jackie with a concerned gaze. "Plus it may reveal more about those using the Chimera."
Jackies nodded. "So when are we gonna head out to him?" She asked.

Wilhelm nods.
"Yes get dressed and we'll head out." He says before smirking and chuckling. "Strange how things work out."
Jackie nodded before going back up to her room. She got dressed before coming back down. "I'm ready to head out." She said.

The two went out traveling to the Arch Mages tower. The tower was attached to the Magical Academy. Wilhelm wore his casual Paladin gear primarily a well fitting brown tunic supplied by the Paladin Temple with the embroilment of his status. His pants and boots were clean and well presented. The Magical Academy was in the same district as the Paladin Temple. It was in fact behind it. Three blocks away it was a large and fine white stone building with a gorgeous garden seconded only by the Emperors Palace. The building was massive and curled around the courtyard looking much like a university. The massive spire came out from the back. It towered over the main building and could be seen all over the city. The Academy was a specialized building similar to the Paladins but working with teaching the magically adept and philosophical individuals in the Empire. It had a library at the base of the spire with very magic focused texts. Most had copies in the Paladins archives but many were exclusive here. Telling more depth about magic lores and how to work them. Arriving at the front gate Wilhelm and Jackie walked through the garden towards the main building.
Jackie stared up at the tower as they walked through the garden. Her presence turned a few heads. The only magic she really knew was Ice magic, and with most Y'kish that came naturally to her. The only trouble she had with controlling it was fairly basic magic casting that Wilhelm taught her. "Are we going up there?" Jackie asked.

Wilhelm looked up the tower and nods.
"Yea. We'll be up at the top. That's where the Arch Mage has his residence. Usually it's hard to get a meeting with him but thankfully this counts as official Paladin business." He looks over to the odd look Jackie got. "Ignore them." He says wandering till they reach the doors. He opens them and they enter. The area was smooth and clean. Marble gave everything an extremely clear look s a hallway went ahead to the tower base and two large staircases one either side of this hallway went up to the second floor. Meanwhile the halls went to the left and right to curve around with the building filled with many rooms and people.
"This place is huge inside...." Jackie said looking around in awe, before they continued on down they corridor between the stairs. They entered the library and went up the stairs to the top of the tower. Once they reached the top they were greeted by a pair of guards, who let them into the Arch-mage's office. "After going over Paladin Lupen's reports do you think it's possible whoever it was the attacked the trading outpost had access to a Philospher's stone?" Came a voice.

Standing next to the Arch-mage was Baldwin Leopold, the leader of the Paladins. He was middle aged, having graying hair, and a clean shaven face. He wore armor with a Lion motif. Baldwin glanced over his shoulder when he heard the door open. "Ah, Paladin Lupen." Baldwin said, turning to face the two. "We were wondering when you were going to arrive." He said.

Wilhelm was rather shocked to see Paladin Leopold here. He immediately salutes and shows a sign of respect.
"Grand Master Leopold. I wasn't expecting you sir." He says standing tall. "I apologies if we were late. We came over as soon as we were able." The room they were in had two large curving bookshelves going up almost a floor as small wisps flew around. A large desk sat in the middle. It was curved around and seemed to have one seat in the middle. A rather grand chair and then four smaller ones around the front. Books were scattered over it. Light came in through several windows giving the tower a rather bright look. Arch Mage Delius stepped forward. He was a man in his late fifties but looked rather good for his age. Black slightly graying hair, some wrinkles mostly unnoticeable and brown eyes. His face was clean of hair. He wore a white robe with gold trimming and a cobalt attachment sitting on his shoulders. It gave him shoulder pads and a blue cape with a golden trim. He had a staph which was made of gold and almost his height. The top had a round orb with three decorative dragon like claws holding it. The staph was engraved around the rim of the headpiece.

"Ah Paladin Lupin. I must say your recent reports have been of great interest." He Delius smiles. Wilhelm nods.
"Thank you sir. I apologies but I did over hear your conversation. You were discussing the Chimera weren't you?" Delius nods.
"How astute. We were looking over it and we reached the idea about a philosopher stone being involved." He looks to Jackie. "Given the recent reports of Kyldrii there's some concern. However your report where it does seem to describe Chimera seems to state the opposite. It would suggest the ones making these don't in fact have a philosopher stone." Wilhelm looks around pondering this.
"Reports from Kyldrii?" Jackie asked. Leopold nodded. "Yes." He began. "Tensions between the Empire and the Y'kish tribes have calmed enough that a few Human explorers were recently allowed to explore Kyldrii's wilderness. They came back reporting a large serpentine, multi legged Dragon living o and guarding Mount Ty 'Illus." Leopold explained. "Now, these reports have yet to be thoroughly investigated. But with the recent appearance of the 'Chimera' Councilor Heinrich and you two encountered, we fear these sightings may be connected." Leopold said.

"However despite this the fact remains that wilderness is uncontrolled. The weather wild and illusions of large creatures are possible. Though recent incidents you two are more than well aware of have prompted the investigation into the possibility of a philosopher stone. It's hard to determine but if tensions start rising and the Y'Kish are even believed to be responsible war could break out again." Delius explains. "Though there is too little information for me to determine what it is. But from what I have heard I'm skeptical about them being related if this so called dragon exists." He adds. Wilhelm stands forward.
"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It's a privilege to be entrusted with this knowledge. But I must request. May we please be told more about the stones now?" Wilhelm asks and Delius looks to Leopold for his permission. More of for Wilhelm's sake given the Paladin's chain of command.
Leopold nodded. "If they are to confirm the presence of a Philosopher's Stone they will need to know what to look for." Leopold said. "Considering Wilhelm and Alrick's relationship, I doubt Alrick would willingly share any information." Leopold said.

Delius nods and walks over to the bookshelf. His staph glows blue and tapping it against the ground three wisps fly out and around the shelves. They shortly come back having possessed three books giving them a blue glow like them. They land and open on the table as they fade away.
"You see the philosopher stones are items of great power. Each one is said to be able to amplify both magical capabilities and manipulate the rules of alchemy." He explains to them. "The origins of the stones is unknown but legends say they were given to us by the gods." He taps one of the books and with a blue aura makes the letters appear as magical ethereals above the pages sort of like a hologram. He begins speaking and the words enlarge as he does as if following along with his story. "Bestowed upon the realm of mortals were seven stones. Seven stones given to the wisest of the world. The greatest philosophers received these stones which magnified their abilities. The gods left them to the will of these wise men. These philosophers. These individuals who would shape the world as fate intended." He laughs. "At least that's the fairy tale." He looks to the two of them. "This is the supposed origin of the stones but this is unknown. You see this happened centuries ago if it ever did." He says seeming a little skeptical. Wilhelm took it all in waiting for the rest. The legend of the stones was something he had heard. Fairy tale or not.
Jackie listened. She'd heard the story when she was a little girl, before her birth parents died, but didn't remember much of it. "Assuming there even is a Philosopher's stone, Alrik has been instructed to do everything in his power to convince the Y'kish to give it to us. However, if they refuse but you have found the Stone, you have my permission to do whatever is nec-" Leopold began before Jackie scoffed. "You seriously think we'll be able to get a Philosopher's Stone out of Kyldrii WITHOUT causing another war?!" Jackie asked. "I've only seen like five Y'kish since I left Kyldrii and came here, and each and everyone of them hated the Empire! And if they're just regular people from Kyldrii, what are the people in charge gonna think about us?!" Jackie asked.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus