Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The road is still long (1x1)

Shannon Callen (played by Pirate)

It was a quiet day in Fortree city, much like usual. The rainy woods of route 119 attract only a few people to the city in the treetops. Even from the ground the view of bird pokémon flocking into the trees was quite a sight to behold. Too bad it was such a stormy weather. Winds roared loudly and rain fell everywhere the leafs of the trees did not cover. Even though this weather was horrible, the trees as well as the homes still stood proud, though using the many rope bridges was ill advised at this point. Most people stayed inside. The trainers as well as the many local rangers took refuge in the local pokécenter, but not Shannon.

The years had not changed Shannon's demeanor at all. As her pokémon grew stronger, so did she. Her guitarist talents had improved a lot, just like her battling techniques. Just a bit of training, and she figured she'd be prepared for her two final gyms. The league challenge was so close now, she could hardly wait.

The metal girl leaned against a particularly thick tree and waited for this weather to end. For as far as she could tell, she was the only one using the trees as cover from the rain. Everyone else seemed to be inside, or simply didn't care about getting wet.
Archer held his arms out to either side of his body and held his face up to the rain, loving the feeling.
Just behind him, a large swampert stood. This swampert was one that made most people do a double take though: his right leg was mechanical below the knee; made of a special water proofed alloy and connected to his thigh by a series of well oiled pistons.
"Alright Dom, once this rain lets up and Winona is feeling up to it, we've got a gym badge to get," Archur grinned and pet the swampert who rolled his eyes but nodded. "Oh, don't be like that," the boy smirked and playfully punched the swampert. Dom slugged Archur hard, sending him sprawling to the ground at Shannon's feet and he lay there, dazed for a few moments and then realized he was next to someone.
"Oh, um, sorry about that," he stood quickly and gave a hurting smile and rubbed his arm where the swampert had punched him .
Shannon Callen (played by Pirate) Topic Starter

Shannon had not been paying attention to what happened near her. She was too fascinated with the bird pokémon in the trees doing a couple of silly things like flapping their wings in order to have some space on their chosen branch. Archur falling down in front of her came as a surprise."Whoa, what the..." She took a step backwards in surprise."Are you alright, pal? You're completely soaked." She noticed."You should get yourself to a pokécenter and dry yo-" She now had noticed the Swampert being nearby."Cool, is that pokémon yours?" She asked the man, no longer regarding whether he needed help getting to the center or not."Hey there, buddy, I bet you're loving the rain right now, huh?"
"I'm fine," Archur grinned and dusted himself off. He noticed her interest in his robotic legged swampert and walked over to him, patting the mud fish pokemon on the back, "Yup, this here is Dom. My first pokemon and the father figure of my team, as well as my best friend," he scratched Dom behid one of the fins on his head.
"Peeeert!" Dom nodded to Shannon's question and leaned onto all fours. He walked towards her, a mechanical whoosh and whir could be heard with each step, the sound of the gears and pistons working in his leg. The massive water type stopped in front of Shannon, sniffing her and then gave her a friendly nudge, "Swaaampert!"

Shannon gladly stroked the Swampert over its wet head."One of my friends used to have a Mudkip. I thought it was the cutest thing ever. And now it has got an epic evolution as well? She's one lucky gal." Only now did Shannon notice its steel leg."Oh, you poor thing! What happened to you?" Shannon asked the Swampert, though the question was actually meant for Archur.

Suddenly the trees rustled and Shannon looked up."Spotted you!" She yelled suddenly, pointing upwards."You've still got a long way to go with going unnoticed. I'm telling you, you're not fit for stealth, Alesia." From the top a branch a disappointing growl was heard. The pokémon named Alesia landed onto the ground and revealed herself to Archur, a tall and slender Lucario with a stern look towered above Shannon."Oh, I don't think we met. I'm Shannon. Shannon Callen. And this here beauty queen is Alesia." She introduced herself as she reached her gloved hand to him to shake.
"Well," Archur was just about to explain Dom's leg when the Lucario arrived. "Hello," he tentatively reached a hand out to scratch Alesia's ears. "Anyways, Dom had a pretty nasty fight with a sharpedo. Tore clean through the poor guys leg, ripped it clean off. If Alexandria hadn't evolved," he shook his head almost in disbelief, "I don't know if Dom wool have lived," he gave the swampert a bear hug.

The Lucario would normally love to get a scratch behind the ears, but now she was angry with the fact her training didn't go as she wanted it to go. Alesia was a pokémon set on perfection. She had evolved only recently. When she was a small Riolu it was so much easier hide among the trees, but now she had become tall and clunky. The Steel type was not known for subtlety. Alesia did not react to Archur's touch.

Shannon pulled her hand back after it had not been shook and looked back at the Swampert."Poor guy. Well, at least he seems to have got a good replacement though. It looks sturdy."

The Lucario kneeled down to get at the same height as the Swampert. She looked at the creature for a few moments before gently tapping the metallic leg, curiously as to how it works.
Don seemed to understand Alesia's curiosity and put all his weight on it, lifting his other foot and balancing perfectly. Te metallic toes spread over the ground and the sound of pistons being pressed down could be heard. Dom stood back on both legs and the metal leg let out a loud hiss.
"Yep, sturdy as can be. Made by one of the best prosthetic limb makers in the world," he smiled proudly, "Anyways, I'm Archur. What's the rest of your team like?" he asked, looking back at Alesia. With almost any other pokemon, he would have scratched them behind the ears again but it seemed to him like she didn't like it, so he didn't bother.

Alesia seemed impressed that the leg could handle such a creature so well. She took a step back and leaned against the tree."Pleased to meet you, Archur." She smiled as he asked what her team was like."All of them are heavy metal." She smirked as she took the pokéballs off of her belt."Some of them are pretty big, so I'd suggest taking a step back." She warned the man as she let out her full team.
First one out was a loudly buzzing Magnezone. Its magnets twisted curiously as it was sent out."That there is Sapper, my first pokémon I ever got."

The second pokémon to pop out of its capsule was a small Empoleon, though its 'crown' was longer than that of most. He stretched his flippers out proudly and gave Sapper a dirty look. These two couldn't stand eachother."This is Emperor. He likes being treated like a royal, but you can't always get what you want, huh, Emperor?" The steel penguin raised its head vainly.

The third pokémon to exist her capsule was an energetic Skarmory. She almost instantly walked over to Archur when she was released and lowered herself in front of him."This beauty's Razor. She's affectionate, go ahead, pet her. She'll love it."

Now came the big pokémon. They could not stay underneath the trees, otherwise it'd get too crowded. Next was a sturdy Metagross, buzzing almost as much as Magnezone did as it positioned itself to face the new face that was Archur."That's Machina. A real heavy hitter." The Metagross did not seem to mind the rain, instead it almost seemed to be scanning Archur.

Lastly came Brass Beast, a peculiar looking Aggron. At first glance, there was nothing special about this creature, except for its shine. Though it was not a massive beast of gold, it has a golden shine to it. If the sun were shining, it'd be more notable."That there is Brass Beast. I know, it's more of a golden beast, but I find that the color is rather brass than gold."

"So, that's my team. And soon to be in the Hall Of Fame when I'm done smashing the competition." She grinned."So are you a trainer as well? Can I meet your pokémon too?"
Archur smiled as each pokemon appeared and pet Razor willingly, "Neat," He smiled, petting her with both hands. He watched the rest of the pokemon come out, "I have a Metagross too, named M.E.T.A.L. They are sturdy pokemon. Mine is at home though, getting some TLC from my mom," he grinned and then nodded when asked to present his team. "Gladly."

"Well, you already know Dom, so now you should his mate," he smiled and tossed a pokeball, releasing a very elegant flygon. "This here is Alexandria," he smiled and pet the flygon, who gave a happy growl before moving to Dom, who put a loving arm around her, "She's the third pokemon I caught," he looked to the dragon, "Alright, go say hi. You've gotta be more social than just with Dom," he smirked and Alexandria nodded. She walked towards each pokemon, giving a friendly cry to each before sniffing Shannon and then playfully nuzzling her.

He next sent out a zebstrika, "This handsome fella is Charlie," he patted the electric zebra's back. Charlie gave no response other than a flick of his ears and simply looked at the other team rather judgmentally before giving a disapproving cry. "Shut up Charlie," Archur scolded, "Play nice or you'll never find a girl," he said tauntingly to which Charlie gave an indignant whiny and stomped his hoof before looking away, head held high. "He's not royal persay, just really proud."

"Anyways, next up is my first pokemon I got during my time in Unova," Archur sent out a zorua with white markings rather than red ones. "This little on is Venice," he picked up the fox and held her to his chest, gently scratching her ears before setting her down again. She ran in circles before running up to each of Shannon's pokemon and barking playfully at each then put her forepaws on Shannon's legs.

The next pokemon out was a quilava, "This is Rome, rightly named for his prowess in battle even though he'd rather have peace," he smiled as the fire type sat loyally between Archur's feet, mostly trying to avoid the rain and was keeping a watchful, caring eye on Venice. "Dom and Alexandria are his foster parents and he's the big brother, or tries to be, for the whole team, besides one. I'll tell you about that later." Rome gave his master an angry glare when this was said, his back sparking up in agitation but Archur ignored it, grabbing his sixth pokeball.

"This," he released a tall, red and grey Lucario with bright blue eyes, "is Anubis. Fastest Lucario I've ever seen and smart as an Alakazam or close to it," he scratched Anubis behind the ears, making the Lucario give off a low, pleased growl. "Well, this is my team. May not be a perfect team, but they're loyal as any growlithe and twice as strong," he smiled as Anubis approached Alesia then turned to look back at Archur, who nodded, then smiled at Alesia, giving a small, deep bark.

Shannon regarded the man's pokémon with glee."They look really strong. It's like you've got one big family with you." She remarked."Mine aren't exactly like that, i mean, Emperor and Sapper simply can't get along." She said as she looked at the two. Emperor was staring the Magnezone down, but Sapper simply ignored him. Which was for the best. There wasn't much space right now to fight anyway.

Alesia, being the lonely type, pulled herself into a tree branch when the strangely colored Lucario came near. Not so much out of fear, but out of anxiety of meeting new faces, even if they were of her kind.
"Yep. Venice and Rome are still training, but Dom and Alexandria are pretty much as strong as they need to be," he smiled.
Venice gave a short cry and tried climbing up Dhannon's pants, unsuccessfully though. "Yep, we really are a family, although Charlie seems to deny any affiliation with us when he comes in contact with other equine pokemon," Archur sighed.

Anubis watched Alesia but rather than leaving her alone, he followed, sitting next to her on the tree branch.
<Hello,> he smiled softly and kindly to her.

Shannon didn't feel to comfortable with anything young. She had once dropped a baby on the couch and never forgave herself for that. Small pokémon and children gave her that same feeling. Instead she kneeled down and stroked over the Zorua's head."I'm truly unfamiliar with Unova pokémon. I know this one though, I remember a hot headed girl who used a Zorua. But that one was a mean bastard. This one seems sweeter."

Sapper floated towards Charie, its three eyes set on it as if it was using Lock-On. It didn't attack though. Magnezones are simply attracted to power scources. It buzzed a few times as it stayed close to the Zebstrika, probably making it feel uncomfortable.

Brass Beast had enough of being out in the rain and forced himself underneath the tree. Alesia just answered Anubis with a "Hello..." Until Brass Beast stood in between the two Lucario."Ugh, that rain was cold." The giant said.
Venice gave a happy growl as she was pet and happily rubbed her head up into Shannon's hand.
Rome gulped and slowly walked out from between Archur's legs and into the rain where he sat next to Venice, looking up at Shannon with a gaze that clearly said "hurt her and I will make you suffer."
"Yep, Venice really is very sweet. Granted, she's a bit oblivious, but always happy and kind," Archur smiled.

Charlie huffed, steam coming out of his nostrils from the rain on his hot breath and he glared at Sapper, his stripes lighting up yellow and his body sparking although he knew full well that he couldn't actually hurt the magnezone with electric attacks. He stared Sapper straight in the eyes, not saying a word.

<I never heard your name,> he looked at Alesia, still wearing his friendly smile, his blue eyes shining. When the gold tinted aggron approached, he smiled down at him from their position int the tree, <I personally like the rain. It's refreshing and calming,> he sighed, swinging his feet back and forth over the branch.

Sapper simply kept staring at the Zebstrika, not moving an inch and not blinking. Until it finally started buzzing again.*BZZZT* Hotheated species. Will keep an eye on you." It spoke in its emotionless robotic language. After that it simply floated towards its next target, the Flygon, where it would simply do the same as it did to Charlie.

"We should deffinatly do a battle once this rain stops. I'd love to see how far my team has grown before we challenge Winona." Shannon offered.

The Aggron shuddered."I hate it! Drops running over my spine like I'm some kind of a waterfall? Screw that." He said with a deep voice. Alesia hesitated with the name and looked at the Shiny Lucario."I've never heard yours either. Trees dampen the sound."
<Ass...> Charlie muttered under his breath and trotted to a tree a good distance away to lay down.
Alexandria stood shyly behind Dom, wearing a nervous smile as Sapper approached her.
<Do not worry, he can't hurt either of us. Ve are ground types," Dom assured her, his voice carrying a thick, Russian accent.
<I know...> Alexandria sounded Italian, <Hello, I'm Alexandria,> she gave a shy wave of her tail to Sapper.

"That sounds like a great idea, although if you were expecting a fight against Venice and Rome, they're not strong enough to take on any of your pokemon yet," Archur agreed whole heartidly. He had hoped she would ask anyways.

<I'm Anubis,> the red Lucario looked down at the ground, still smiling softly, <I've never met a female Lucario before,> he sounded a bit more shy now.

"Illogical. This unit would not attack unless ordered by *BZZZZT* the trainer." The Magnezone assured Alexandria."Simple scan. Completetion E.T.A. ten seconds." Its magnets were spinning around during the 'scan'.

"Oh, I'll make sure it's fair." Shannon answered Archur."A four on four battle is just fine. I'm sure Razor and Alesia wouldn't mind taking a back seat for now." The Skarmory wildly flapped her wings and Alesia nodded towards her trainer as Shannon looked back at her for reassurance.

Machina the Metagross did not move an inch the whole time it was in the rain. Neither did it make any sound. It simply stood there, getting wet."I've never truly met another one of my species. Not even when I was but a child." Alesia spoke."Have you been lonely for long?" She eventually dared to ask.

Brass Beast shook the drops off of him like some sort of animal, spraying all over the pokémon and trainers underneath the trees."Gah! Brass! Don't do that! Geez! I stood here to remain dry, you big doof!"
<Oh, um, alright...> Alexandria couldn't help but feel nervous still.

"Sounds like a plan," Archur nodded. He looked at Venice and Rome, who were now cuddled together beneath a tree a bit further off. The boy smiled an walked closer to Shannon, "Alright, now I can tell you: Rome has te biggest crush on Venice that I've ever seen. The best part is that she's completely oblivious to it," he whispered.

Anubis stared at Machinability as he spoke, <Lonely? I've never really been lonely persay. I was given to Master Archur as an egg. Dom and Alexandria rose me, and technically, Rome is my big brother. It's a weird family, but they're still my family,> he looked back at her, <As for other Lucario, I've seen enough to know that I'm not normal in appearance, but they've all been male. You're the first female Lucario I've ever seen. You still havent tol me your name though,> he grinned.

Archur laughed as he was sprayed with water, enjoying the cool feeling, "Ya know, I've always thought Aggron were cool pokemon but Brass here, man, he's the golden cherry on top," Archur smiled brightly and patted the metallic dinosaur.

Sapper floated away from Alexandria."Strong nature, typical for dragons. Though insecure." It resulted as it floated towards Dom. There it would do exactly the same, with its eyes menacingly watching the Swampert.

"It's cute. My team really lacks that family thing. They're more like partners, relying on eachother to make it to the top. Each and every one of them wants to make it to the top, and they know they need eachother for that. Except Emperor over here. He thinks he's the world's most important being." The Empoleon ignored Shannon as it waddled with grace to the rain."You've got a cute thing going on."

"It's Alesia. Shannon named me Alesia, after her best friend I believe." Alesia explained. Shannon grinned."Oh yeah, that's one expencive Aggron. I have to stop it from eating bridges. When Brass Beast got patted, he couldn't help but do the same to Archur, though the creature did not know its own strength and might have patted too hard.
Dom returned Sapper's gaze with a cool one although he felt a weird tingling in his leg like he always did when he got close to an electric type.
<Comrade, could you back away a bit? Electricity makes the leg itch and I cannot scratch it because... Well because the leg is the vay.>

<Alesia's a very pretty name,> Anubis complimented, his bright blue eyes looking right into hers, <But you really haunt met any other Lucario or Riolu? That's no reason to be lonely though. You've got your team. They're your friends and your family whether you like it or not.>

Archur was knocked flat, "Ow... Right where Dom hit me too," he groaned and slowly stood, holding his arm, "As much as I love big pokemon, I hate big pokemon," he chuckled, "Too strong to rough house with."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The road is still long (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus