Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Sith Lords in your Skyrim

Darth Sinnice (played by Sanne)

A'ight. I downloaded mods to make Sinnice in Skyrim for chips and giggles (Magicka Sabers and retextured Psiijic robes ftw), when I realized the potential for plot and story. A Sith Lord who stumbles into the world of Skyrim with no apparent way out? Hell yes.

The most epic Star Wars / Skyrim crossover.

Now, being stuck in bed for the better part of the day, I have enough free time on my hands to write up a story on my own. I'm definitely considering this, but I also really love roleplaying. So I have a few questions for all of you.

1. Would you want to do this roleplay with me?
The main type of characters I'm looking for are people who are native to Tamriel, since they will be the ones who will help drive the plot forward and have to deal with somebody from a different... galaxy/dimension/plane, whatever you want to call it. :P If there are more SW characters than Tamriel characters, it will be unbalanced.

2. What sort of plots and ideas would you recommend for this?
I'd love answers to this even from people who don't want to play, but just have ideas. There are so many possibilities for epic adventures with this sort of crossover, I barely know where to begin. And I might be missing out on some epic ideas. So please bring them in!

3. Does it seem plausible that the Force and Magicka are the same thing, or incredibly similar?
Because, let's face it: a Sith Lord needs his sparkly powers to shock his enemies, but they need to be drawn from somewhere! If the world of Skyrim has no link to the world of SW, then virtually all of Sinnice's powers would be useless. Her lightsaber would probably not even work at all. My OCD demands I find a reasonable explanation for this and it occurred to me that both things are basically just energy drawn from everywhere. Would there be major implications with this idea, or does it sound reasonable enough to work?
1. I'm a fan of both, so I'm definitely interested. Just be a matter of digging up an old TES character if you do go for it.

2. Nothing comes to mind at the moment. (Just woke up though, still too out of it to think plotily.)

3. It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch. Already got things like lightning and telekinesis, and the latter should be adaptable for things like force push and choke. I mean, you can grab/pull stuff with it, so why not do the opposite or use it to throttle some insolent little light-side worm- er- *cough* just grab? Lightsabers could probably fit into conjuration, or destruction, or maybe a blend of both. Possibly as a type of enchanting even... if I remember right, there are crystals in the hilt used as a focus anyway, so you could make it have to be powered by soul gems on Tamriel.
Darth Sinnice (played by Sanne) Topic Starter

Rosewood wrote:
3. It doesn't seem like that much of a stretch. Already got things like lightning and telekinesis, and the latter should be adaptable for things like force push and choke. I mean, you can grab/pull stuff with it, so why not do the opposite or use it to throttle some insolent little light-side worm- er- *cough* just grab? Lightsabers could probably fit into conjuration, or destruction, or maybe a blend of both. Possibly as a type of enchanting even... if I remember right, there are crystals in the hilt used as a focus anyway, so you could make it have to be powered by soul gems on Tamriel.

I'd like to try and avoid making Sinnice rely on the Tamriel type magic, because she is still a Sith Lord and magic requires a different type of training. Her lightsaber won't be an enchanted weapon like you can find in Tamriel; it will still be a lightsaber that works exactly like it does in the SW universe, and the Force will still be the Force, not a type of conjuration or destruction magic.

My idea is more that they share a common source. They are both energy and the user manipulates this energy to do what they want. And as you said, the lightsabers use a crystal to focus energy, which happens similarly with soul gems. For a Tamriel character it will be destruction magic in the form of sparks which is trained and can be called forth at any time, for a Sith Lord character it is the rage fueled energy released in a raw form.

I want to keep them different so that it will be an actual crossover and not a character dumped into a place where she has to adapt so much she won't be what she is supposed to be anymore. i.e. If I tuned her into enchanting her lightsaber and recharging it with souls, and have her learn to use magic to produce sparks, she won't be a Sith Lord anymore; she'll just be a Tamriel mage.

Does that make sense? :( I suppose the Force and magic are both energy, drawn from the same source that makes up all existing beings and powers etc. But they are harvested and used in different ways. I guess I want that to make sense, and to me it does. But I don't know if others see it the same way!
Aye, I get that. Wasn't trying to suggest she switch styles or anything, was more or less just trying to point out/agree that there's enough similarities and such that the Force being available wouldn't seem out of place in the least. (Sorry about any confusion, I'm crap at explaining things.)
Darth Sinnice (played by Sanne) Topic Starter

Rosewood wrote:
Aye, I get that. Wasn't trying to suggest she switch styles or anything, was more or less just trying to point out/agree that there's enough similarities and such that the Force being available wouldn't seem out of place in the least. (Sorry about any confusion, I'm crap at explaining things.)

Oooh, okay! I sometimes find that people are confused by my explanations, so I wasn't sure if I was communicating my intentions properly or whether you were, in fact, comparing. XD Thank you! :3 I'm glad it makes sense to others.

To underline the sheer epicness of this, I present to you the following:

Pictures! http://imgur.com/a/RUKNW

And an in-game demonstration!

I did my best to make a Sinnice in-game, but the options to customize only go so far. :P
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Alright, so I decided that this can work out with my OCD and that I'd love to RP some plot with it.

I have these plot ideas as suggestions. If you haven't played Skyrim yet these may contain SPOILERS, so only read if you already know what happens in the game.

It was the dragon's fault.

When the Dragonborn goes through Alduin's portal to Sovngarde, to defeat Alduin, something goes wrong at The Throat of the World. The portal collapses in on itself and in its place a new portal is drawn up.

Sinnice will be on her way to clear out a rebel hideout in her ship when she runs into a dimensional storm portal* and her ship crashes on the mountain in Skyrim. Passing out, she awakens much later to the ever curious Paarthurnax inspecting the spaceship and its odd occupant.

The dragonborn has never returned, forever trapped in Sovngarde. From here on out the new adventure begins. Sinnice may or may not be considered the cause of the Dragonborn's disappearance and suffer the consequences accordingly, just to spice things up.

* I'm taking some liberty here with names and the like for the sake of the crossover.

It's a wet business.

After her latest mission on her way back home to Coruscant, Sinnice runs into an unknown abnormality in the Force. Time and dimension is torn apart, destroying her ship in the midst of space and sending her to the world of Tamriel.

A portal opens and she is flung out into a river (a location can be picked from the map later :)) where she is picked out of the water either by local farmers/citizens or taken in by the guards. All she has are her robes and underlying clothing and her lightsaber.

Sleep tight!

In her sleep, strange Forces propel her to the world of Tamriel, finding herself in the bitter cold of Windhelm and in Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak's captivity after beheading a thief with her lightsaber. Accused of dark magics with such a strange device and her lacking willingness to join his cause, she is about to be publicly executed on the steps in front of the Candlehearth Hall.

If you like any of these and want to hit me up, please PM me, or post here. :D I'm very excited about this! If I don't get a response in the next couple of days though, I'm likely off to write these stories out by myself though.
I know nothing about Skyrim, but I do know a bit about Star Wars, or at least I used to. There is absolutely no reason why Sinnice's lightsaber would stop working. Lightsabers are not powered by the Force, they are powered by batteries, batteries that as far as I know have never been referenced as being replaced. The focusing crystal is exactly that, a focus for a limited beam of energy. The use of the Force in the crafting of a lightsaber is more of an intuitive and alchemical process, one that simply makes the mechanical function more efficient. In regards to the 'fairness' of a lightsaber versus medieval type technology and weaponry Cortosis Ore is a specific mineral substances that the standard lightsaber cannot cut through, and in fact, the lightsaber blade shorts out, requiring the lightsaber to be dismantled and reassembled to fix. Perhaps the land of Skyrim has an exceptionally large amount of naturally occurring Cortosis ore, in that it gets into everything, making the lightsaber beam weaker, perhaps, or as equally likely, making everything resistant to the blade, even the living things, rendering the effectiveness of the lightsaber blade down to that of a well-made sword?
As far as the Force and your Tamriel magic... Who says that they have to intertwine? Why not let one be one and the other be the other?
I'd love to join in! I'd have to make a new character for it however, my current ones don't fit the setting.

concerning the possible plots, I prefer the first one: "It was the dragon's fault". it seems (to me) the most logical possible link between the two completely different worlds. About the idea of cortosis ore (as Jaybird explained before me) seems pretty good to me - otherwise the lightsaber would be simply overpowered.

@Jay: Yup, I know lightsabers run on batteries. :) But that is what makes them overpowered, too; batteries are very reliable until they run out, and when they do run out it becomes useless. Since the Force is able to manipulate and concentrate energy (lightning, yay!), I thought that the saber might be able to be powered by the Force instead of batteries to balance it out a bit more. I do like the idea of Cortosis Ore being heavily present in Skyrim and diminishing its powers!
Jaybird wrote:
As far as the Force and your Tamriel magic... Who says that they have to intertwine? Why not let one be one and the other be the other?

Because then it stops making sense in my head. :( It's just my OCD flaring up.
Olthain wrote:
I'd love to join in! I'd have to make a new character for it however, my current ones don't fit the setting.

concerning the possible plots, I prefer the first one: "It was the dragon's fault". it seems (to me) the most logical possible link between the two completely different worlds. About the idea of cortosis ore (as Jaybird explained before me) seems pretty good to me - otherwise the lightsaber would be simply overpowered.

Awesome!! I put no limitations on characters that can join, except that I don't want five Dragonborns in the party fighting over who gets to absorb the dragon soul etc.... I'm looking forward to see what type of character you'll go with!
Sanne wrote:
Awesome!! I put no limitations on characters that can join, except that I don't want five Dragonborns in the party fighting over who gets to absorb the dragon soul etc.... I'm looking forward to see what type of character you'll go with!

Don't worry, I don't need to be a dragonborn :p after all, the idea of something being dragonborn is kind of stupid if you know that the dragonborn just got trapped in Sovngarde xD

One question however, since you're a sith, are the characters joining in on this rp supposed to be sith as well?

Olthain wrote:
One question however, since you're a sith, are the characters joining in on this rp supposed to be sith as well?

Not necessarily. :) If there are other Star Wars characters joining in, they can be anything and will travel through the portal with Sinnice. If they're not Star Wars characters, they are just people who live in Skyrim or hail from other parts of Tamriel.
I made a Female Kahjit for the occasion :) I'm thinking of a bio saying she stole mercer frey's plans to take the eyes of the Falmer, yet hasn't managed to gather the right equipment yet.. sounds good?

Olthain wrote:
I made a Female Kahjit for the occasion :) I'm thinking of a bio saying she stole mercer frey's plans to take the eyes of the Falmer, yet hasn't managed to gather the right equipment yet.. sounds good?

It sounds good to me! Whatever you want her to be/do is up to you. :D As long as they can meet and interact, that works for me.
you're coming in on the throat of the world, right? then how about you make your way to Ivarstead and Tsahbi (my character) can meet up with your character there by trying to steal your lightsaber :p
Darth Sinnice wrote:
Her lightsaber would probably not even work at all.

Actually Lightsabers are just tech, they would work admirably, if not perfectly. Non-jedi could technically use a lightsaber they just wouldn't have the proficiency of a jedi with one. Lightsabers are plasma-loop based swords, they draw from an energy cell, go through a focusing crystal and lense.

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=4363

The RP has hit off in this topic. Anyone who's interested in joining, please post here or PM. Any questions can be posted here or PMed as well. :)
Delete this please~
(gotta love it when my sister steals my profile for her own use~ sorry for the mixup)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Sith Lords in your Skyrim

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus