Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Working Through

Witness

RPR, I had something happen to me today. You don't need to know the details, because it would be insensitive to the parties involved to divulge what had happened, but just know that I came out of it feeling like an amputated leg. (That's a bad thing, if you didn't know) But, I'm determined to work myself to a state where I won't feel that way.

Not back to normal, though, better than normal. I'm going to be taking a serious break, and for a while. I don't know how much time I'll be away, or if I'll pop my head in once in a while, but I am definitely taking a serious break, none of this half-hearted hiatus stuff that I was toying about with before.

When I do get back, though, I'll be changed, and for the better. I start tomorrow morning, and, if all goes well, I'll come back with a new look on life and a better personality than the moping that I have (admittedly) been known to fall into. Any words of support are appreciated, but don't feel that you have to force them if you don't really know me or you just want to be polite. If/when I do check in on things around here, I'll be sure to check this thread for developments first.

Anyway, to those of you that I know, you've been a blast to talk to. To those of you that I don't know yet, hopefully we can have a proper introduction outside of this announcement. Until then, though, I bid you all a good life.
*hugs* I'll be here if you ever need anything. And mayhap I'll even be on Skype if you need to talk.

Hope everything gets sorted out for you soon, Witness. And know that brighter times are ahead; though unfortunately we all go through such times and while they may not be pleasant, they do make us stronger. You'll make it, just hang in there and be that awesome person I know you are.

<3
Kim Site Admin

That sounds serious, but I'm thoroughly proud of you for taking real action to examine the issue and take control of your life. It's horrifyingly true that we all only get the one, and while there are many things we can't change, there are a soaring number of things that we can. And when one looks around, one quickly realizes that the devil is in so many details.

Because I am a huge nerd, when I grapple with major personal change, I like to play https://www.superbetter.com/ which allows you to set yourself quests and goals and encourage you through incredibly hard work of personal growth. I had my first "epic win" through it about a month and a half ago and haven't been playing much since, but I'm thinking seriously about going back to it. I hope it has some ideas in it that are useful to you, whether or not you play. :)

Take care of yourself. We'll be here when you get back, happy to have you in your new beautiful butterfly form - or whatever place you manage to get to on your journey.
Sanne Moderator

3fEcV.gif

Imagine I'm that kitty. <3
*hugs*

I hope everything is ok, and if you ever need to talk... I'm a very good listener.
Witness Topic Starter

With almost a week passed, I've found two things about my plan:

1. I'm able to work out, to write my story, to get housework done, to overall just get things done.

2. None of what's done by 1 means a hill of beans without friends urging me on, and on a daily basis.

I've been generally satisfied with how I've been coming along on my own personal development. I've been tremendously dissatisfied with how I've been coming along with the development of my friendships and interpersonal communications. So, no more isolation, no more checking in once a week.

I'll be here, on a regular basis every day, and I'll be talking to those of you I know. Cap'n, I don't know you that well, but anyone who's won over Jay has to be a good person to get to know. :) Pen, I'll be happy to get back on Latin and to talk to you more; you seem like a great friend, but I feel like we hardly know each other so far. Sanne, you and I had a long talk about things, and though time has passed, I'd say that .gif is still relevant, except that I'm the cat at this point. Kim, you've been a great friend so far, and I know that you're busy making the site have super-duper awesomeness, but I'd always enjoy chatting with you.

I'll be sticking around, and thanks for the kind words so far. I'm still going to be following my plan, and I think I have a good idea of where to take it.
TheLily

Y'all know I'm here for you when I'm here, which seems to be less and less.

We need to have a srsbsn talk about philosophy, soon :)
Witness Topic Starter

Of course, Lily. Just drop me a line whenever, and I'll be more than happy to oblige. :) I've been hankering to test out what I've gleaned from my courses so far, and I'd love to know your thoughts on a whole number of subjects.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Working Through

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus