Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Well there's a Merry Christmas

Minerva

I know I passively mentioned it once before on the forums, but I'm pregnant. Thing is, our life was inside out and upside down and all I had before was one OB GYN visit. For a long, dragging list of reasons, we didn't have an ultrasound or even a due date. Until today.

The expected due date is December 23rd, and much to Derek's pleasure, it's a boy! "That means we can stop now!" Hah.";
Congrats!
Minerva Topic Starter

Thanks. It's not a raw deal, either. In good traffic the hospital is 12 minutes away. 20 in medium-bad, maybe half an hour at worst (houston, so you never know how it'll go if he decides to pop out at rush hour).

And if some BIZARRE emergency happens there's technically a hospital right up the road from us but I'd prefer to avoid that one. They don't exactly have the best gynocological reviews, so I went a little out of the way. I'd rather pant a few minutes in a car than have another horrible birthing experience like with my daughter. Severe mismanagement.
Well, hope everything turns out alright and nothing happens bad this time!
Kim Site Admin

Wow! What a due date. :D Congratulations on your Christmas present, and many blessings to you all.
So super exciting!! Congrats! :D I expect many pictures of the adorable kiddo!! :D What an awesome Christmas present!
Minerva Topic Starter

You want pix? You have pix!

zswhds.jpg

....I lack a scanner right now
Kim Site Admin

BABY!
Minerva Topic Starter

Yos, and hopefully a fairly mellow one. At this point Ashli was practicing her birth-fu and leaving little bitty footprints through my stomach. He occasionally just rolls around on my bladder so far, and sometimes decides to remind me he's there and request another position with some wiggling at night when I'm going to bed, but it all looks normal so hey, I COULD STAND TO HAVE A MELLOW CHILD. One Ashli is enough.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Well there's a Merry Christmas

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus