Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A place worse than hell. [OPEN]

Kiara Blackwood (played by blackbonedwolf)

You've been caught. Rather you did something bad or not. You were brought down here, underground. Into a place where 'The Scientist' want you to be their new experiment. Their specimen. Some times a person will get lucky and can escape before they are touched by the Scientist. Though none of them have lived through it. They are killed almost as soon as they escape. Others, the ones that don't escape, are turned into creatures so disturbing and blood thirsty they don't even resemble a human anymore. I got lucky. I escaped before they could turn me into something disturbing. Though, I have a gas mask sewn into my face, and no longer need to eat in order to live, I still am decently human.
My name is Kiara and this place is something worse then hell. Where those blood thirsty creatures run free, and you must run, fight, and hide for your life.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Kiara leans back against the cold stone wall of what was now her home. She has one leg propped up and her arm rested against it. Her eyes shut as thoughts flushed into her mind. I wounder whats going on above me.. Where the sun can shine..
Kiara sighed but it only came out as a small his trough her gas mask. She cracked her eyes open hearing the sound. She hated the gas mask that would be permanently stuck to her unless she found a way to get to the world above. Truth is, she's scared to. She doesn't want to go alone. She was beginning to hate being alone. Though she's used to it, it pains her. Kiara leans forward and hugs her knee with her arms. She flinches from the pain of her gas mask and stitches hitting her leg, she quickly moves her head down so they no longer touch. With her head laid against her knee her mind begins to drown her in thoughts yet again.
Tech-Crow (played by KenTheGreat)

(Mind if I join this?)
Kiara Blackwood (played by blackbonedwolf) Topic Starter

[Not at all. Please do join.~ ^^]
Jane (played anonymously)

Jane thought she knew hell.

She was wrong.

Those people who gave her wings? Child's play. These people... These people were Oh so much worse.

Her screams rang out through the underground network, shrill and desperate. "No!" She had said. "Please!" She had said. They had said nothing. They simply took her further down into the abyss.

Hell if they ever catch me again, once thought the very naive experiment. They won't. Not ever again. She hadn't counted on someone else becoming so interested in her already abused body that they'd take her and subject her to more.

Her hoarse cries were reduced to small sobs, now. She had given up. No one would save her. Nobody thought anything more of her than just another experiment. She wasn't a human being. She was some number on a piece of paper somewhere, waiting to be processed.

Damn it all to hell.

Kiara could her the distant screams. A shiver ran down her back. This place was cruel. Kiara stood up and brushed herself off. The scuffing of boots against the ground made her want to bolt into the blackness that held her tight, though she didn't, she wanted to know who or what was screaming. Kiara scarcely peeked around the corner out of her safety.

She could see the girl being dragged. The sight alone made her stomach churn. Kiara could only let her imagination show examples of what they would do if they found her. She took a deep unsteady breath, looked behind her into the darkness, then back at the girl.

What they underestimated was Jane's strength. She was a lot stronger than she looked, due to her previous operations. She was able to break free, and ran for her life. The poor girl had no idea where she was, and ran in a random direction. This caused her to run straight towards Kiara without knowing it- At least until it was too late.

Kiara moved out of the way as fast as she could, but her shoulder still took half the hit causing her to fall to the ground. Kiara let out a small sound of pain, though it only came of a small hiss, and winced as she hit the ground. Kiara sat for a moment before realizing what had just happened. She sprung to her feet, panic racing in her head. She knew she needed to look out the crack to see if the guards were following the girl with the wings, but fear got the best of her.
Kiara flinched hearing the boots against stone.
Damn it all.
Instinct took over and she grabs Jane's arm. All Kiara knew now, was to get away from that entrance.

Jane screamed when her shoulder hit Kiara's causing Jane to fall to the ground. Tears streaked down the girl's face, and she got up quickly. She felt like there was no choice but to follow the girl who grabbed her now, so she ran.

Kiara put her finger up to her gas mask in a way to say 'be quiet'. Kiara ran around a few corners to a small, low, gap in the wall. She let go of Jane and crawled through the small space, it was big enough to crawl on all fours, leaving about two or three inches of space above her back. A thought ran into her mind.
Can she get through there with her wings?
Kiara waited on the other side and looked through the gap to where then girl was. She moved her hand, waving for Jane to come.
I think she can make it through, she might have to army crawl though..I hope she can make it through..

Jane nodded, sniffling as she did so. She crawled through the tunnel with relative ease: Her wings folded tightly against her back. It was uncomfortable, but she did it. When she was through, she hugged the stranger tightly and sobbed. This was something she didn't want to go through again.

Kiara was surprised by the hug at first but hugged her back. "It's okay, they can't get here," she said in a soft tone though it came out a little more ruff due to her gas mask. She could speak, and her words were understandable, but they were matched with a disturbing hiss most of the time.

Jane cried for while, enough to calm down. Eventually she let go of the other girl and sat back against the wall. She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry about that.. I just promised myself I would never be captured like that ever again." Stormy grey hues looked into the other girl's black ones. She hadn't yet noticed the mask, and now that she had, she gasped. In between sniffles, Jane spoke. "Did they- Did they do that to you?"

Kiara sat down across the girl. She still shook slightly at the thought of almost being caught. She spaced out for only a brief moment. Then the question hit her hard. Her black eyes looked to the side, she refused to make eye contact at that.
"Yes," she said in a dead tone.

Jane winced at the answer that followed her question.

"I'm so sorry..." She reached out a gentle hand to touch the gas mask, out of curiosity and pity. Her wings at least helped her accomplish something. The gas mask was a painful part of the girl that did nothing but cause pain. Jane felt ashamed that she was so sorry for herself when people like this were out there, even worse off than she. "I'm so so sorry..."

Kiara winced when Jane touched her gas mask, not because it hurt but out of fear. The last person, other then herself, that touched it was the ones who sewed it on. A shiver ran down her back as she relived the moment in her head. She was out cold when it was sewn on, but could always remember waking up and feeling the object on her face. She could remember trying to take it off and feeling endless pain as the stitches protested, never giving in. She looked at the girl with eyes filled with distress.
"Don't be sorry, you couldn't, and can't, do anything about. It wasn't your fault either."

Jane frowned. She had to be strong now. If this girl could live with something like that, then Jane could certainly live with being what she was.

"What's your name?"

"Kiara. What's yours," she asked. She knew she'd be around this girl for some time now. Which she was glad for, this meant she wouldn't have to be alone anymore with everything else that lives in the twisted hell. She retied one of her shoes and stood up. She had a feeling they should get farther away from the gap in the stone.

"I'm Jane." She smiled. Her name had been one of her only comforts in this world. One of the only solid things she could hold onto in the sea of uncertainty that her mind currently sailed.

Jane stood up when Kiara did, dropping her hand from the mask.

Kiara thought for a moment, "Keep a hold of your name. That is the only thing left you have that can keep you sane. Once you lose that, you're gone."
She turned and began walking down one break off in the cave. It was darker the farther they walked, eventually it went completely black.
"It get's lighter, don't worry. If you see any silver slits of light, get away."

Jane nodded. Following closely behind Kiara, Jane was about to go over to one of the slits of light when she heard the warning, and immediately moved back. "So Kiara, do you know how to get out of here?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A place worse than hell. [OPEN]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus